That "clock" that Mohamed Ahmed made is a 1980's Digital Alarm Clock

ChrisxIxCross

I swear the media takes what they want to hear and regurgitates it everywhere. The real story is reported at Breitbart http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/18/real-story-istandwithahmed/

Basically, the kid brings this disassmbled clock to his engineering teacher. Teachers says hey cool contraption but don't show that to anyone else. He listens, but the alarm in the clock goes off in the middle of another class. This teacher is like wtf is that? and they contact the police because there's a beeping case. (See Something, Say Something) At no point did anyone think it was a real bomb. The police were going to charge him for intent to use a hoax bomb. Steve Wozniak actually did something like this in high school to a friend and went to jail for it.

So Police question him, without his parents which is messed up, and ask him what is this device. He's keeps repeating it's clock. Police want him to be specific like is this for a science fair, for a project, etc. He won't give any more info. They end up releasing him once they realize he never intended to threaten anyone or like that.

Then the media show up and go OH he's a muslim this is OBVIOUSLY RACIST. Burn everything to the ground!

Anyway that's the real story.

q

e

d

What's HBO? Is it that thing that other countries can't get? Not the Netflix thing but the other thing.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Easy way to make $500,000 or so via a law-suit!

All the while whilst being applauded by Social Justice Warriors!

Zooms in and looks for the "Made in China" stamp.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

I swear the media takes what they want to hear and regurgitates it everywhere. The real story is reported at Breitbart http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/18/real-story-istandwithahmed/

Basically, the kid brings this disassmbled clock to his engineering teacher. Teachers says hey cool contraption but don't show that to anyone else. He listens, but the alarm in the clock goes off in the middle of another class. This teacher is like wtf is that? and they contact the police because there's a beeping case. (See Something, Say Something) At no point did anyone think it was a real bomb. The police were going to charge him for intent to use a hoax bomb. Steve Wozniak actually did something like this in high school to a friend and went to jail for it.

So Police question him, without his parents which is messed up, and ask him what is this device. He's keeps repeating it's clock. Police want him to be specific like is this for a science fair, for a project, etc. He won't give any more info. They end up releasing him once they realize he never intended to threaten anyone or like that.

Then the media show up and go OH he's a muslim this is OBVIOUSLY RACIST. Burn everything to the ground!

That's about it.

Don't expect it to make the news though. Only the part about how all whites/Americans are bigots blah blah blah.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well damn, guess I should "build" my own alarm clock, become Arabic, and bring it in to school, then hope one of my teachers "thinks" it's a bomb, then get showered in expensive ass stuff... lol

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

CPRiTo2VEAEnU7v.jpg

Uses $30 in parts to make a clock, received $1000+ in gear with company fear/racial/social outcry.

Winning!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Real story? Breitbart?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a shocker that @Albatross believes a Breitbart story.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

We all knew this from the start. I thought he got like a PCB kit for like learning and made the clock with the snap circuit thingys. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Real story? Breitbart?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a shocker that @Albatross believes a Breitbart story.

...the same story is recited by other news stations. This is exactly what happened. :mellow:

Get that raging Republican hate under control. It is just getting sad. -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

-snip-

I never made mention of his race, personally I think the racial facet of this is the most egregious of all. Feels all the more contrived because of it.

-continued in PM-

...the same story is recited by other news stations. This is exactly what happened. :mellow:

Get that raging Republican hate under control. It is just getting sad. -_-

They're all reporting he didn't invent the clock. Breitbart is claiming it was all a crafted scheme for attention. Only a moron would believe that.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Who gives a shit if he made a PCB, did everything from scratch or did what all other people interested in building shit will do... and take things apart to use the parts to make something else. This post was a complete waste of time, trying to make it out to be something else.

Congrats on being the derp derp of the week.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I need to create my own hoax bomb and call it an invention. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Who gives a shit if he made a PCB, did everything from scratch or did what all other people interested in building shit will do... and take things apart to use the parts to make something else. This post was a complete waste of time, trying to make it out to be something else.

Congrats on being the derp derp of the week.

He didn't create the PCB. It was from an actual digital clock, just look at the manufacturer stamp.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

We all knew this from the start. I thought he got like a PCB kit for like learning and made the clock with the snap circuit thingys. 

Well I thought he "made" it made it, because that's how the first wave of reports put it off as. In fact, that's even how Ahmed made it sound in his video.

They're all reporting he didn't invent the clock. Breitbart is claiming it was all a crafted scheme for attention. Only a moron would believe that.

Right.

Great going guys. Can't attack anything else but resort to attacking the boy and his "creation" instead. 

775.gif

Well, you know...we're all just Islamophobic old white people.

Well, you know...we're all just Islamophobic old white people.

Since when did religion had a play in this?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Since when did religion had a play in this?

I was making a joke about how sjws people direct those who have anything "negative" to say about something like this. :P

I was making a joke about how sjws people direct those who have anything "negative" to say about something like this. :P

Uh huh...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I'm more concerned with the people who "seemingly want to help", rather than the boy.  I have nothing against the boy but props for doing something at his young age but I actually applaud the school for taking security measures tightly.

There was a suspicious beeping case in the the class room and people actually thought it was a bad idea to get the police involved and called that response excessive. At the heat of the moment, would you really trust anyone who'll claim it's just a clock? No, you should evacuate the room immediately and call the necessary personnel to deal with it.

I would honestly sleep better at night if I found out the school my child is in took the safest route to deal with the situation rather than paying the price if something were to happen.

Now different people/organizations/companies' publicists deemed that story was too good to let go so they jumped into the bandwagon to make a name for their clients. I mean what better way for Microsoft to advertise their product for such a low price (item itself + shipping) to get them featured in one of the most viral news today?

Uh huh...

Well, you caught me, it was a lie. :rolleyes:

Well, you caught me, it was a lie. :rolleyes:

Huh? I ain't getting what you're trying to tell me...

-snip-

Evacuating the school, calling in bomb squad, NOTIFYING PARENTS, all applicable responses to a bomb, applicable arguments for "we were protecting our students," what happened was not that.