Nintendo president has sadly passed away ;(

1337990978279873681.jpg

Today is a sad day, Nintendo has given a lot to the world and well a great man has been taken away after a growth in his bile duct has taken him away, in other words it seems he had cancer.

There isnt really much to say about this, he was 55 years old and led Nintendo on a roller-coaster ride for the past 13 years, he also immortalised himself with the infamous speech regarding a banana winning the internet in doing so. 

Nintendo is yet to discuss how he will be replaced and any other future changes to the company.

And with that the tale of Satoru Iwata comes to an end.

http://kotaku.com/nintendos-president-has-passed-away-1717386412?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

below is the official report from nintendo

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150713e.pdf

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

gunpei yoki, and now iwata, rest in peace, gods of the gaming industry  :(

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Rest in pepperonis.. :(

Hopefully nintendo can still continue as an at least somewhat strong company.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I will play on my 3DS XL tonight in his honor.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Damn it cancer, damn it. :(

Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata. God Bless your soul!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

So sad. No wonder he wasn't at E3 this year, and he even said his health was fine. 

yeah they chalked it up as a business situation, its a real shame.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

RIP, Mr. Iwata...

You are such a programming badass and president of Nintendo...

You will be missed....

*TBH, I just know he is so good at programming....

It is sad to see a great guy passed away this early...

post-32565-0-52595700-1436746844.jpg

post-32565-0-52595700-1436746844.jpg

:(

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

this is the reason I Fold, to help the cancer research, reduce death, and increase understanding

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

RIP, Mr. Iwata...

You are such a programming badass and president of Nintendo...

You will be missed....

*TBH, I just know he is so good at programming....

It is sad to see a great guy passed away this early...

old school programmers makes the recent generation look like monkeys, the only reason i could wish to be born like 15 years ago is to go through the pain of programing assembly and actually be worthwhile, RIP this BAMF one of the few to shape what gaming is today

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

The power trio of Iwata, Reggie, and Miyamoto has come to an end. This is a sad day indeed... He certainly did lead Nintendo in some interesting directions, but all in all I think he did a fantastic job. I'm interested in who will take over Iwata's position, but those will be some big and very difficult shoes to fill. 

Few things make me sad, especially towards people I don't personally know, but I didn't have to know Iwata to know that he was genuine. He was an inspiration, a joker, and seemed to really love his job. He will be deeply missed. 

19662d32ba.gif

COMIC SANS

The power trio of Iwata, Reggie, and Miyamoto has come to an end. This is a sad day indeed... He certainly did lead Nintendo in some interesting directions, but all in all I think he did a fantastic job. I'm interested in who will take over Iwata's position, but those will be some big and very difficult shoes to fill. 

Few things make me sad, especially towards people I don't personally know, but I didn't have to know Iwata to know that he was genuine. He was an inspiration, a joker, and seemed to really love his job. He will be deeply missed. 

im generally curious about how things will change, especially regarding his different way of accommodating for his consoles audiences. Im not sure how things would go if they used the brute force method and just threw a 980 at a console instead of their current well inferior hardware. While they do get away with it currently im not sure what the change be like in the future.

Listen if you care.

im generally curious about how things will change, especially regarding his different way of accommodating for his consoles audiences. Im not sure how things would go if they used the brute force method and just threw a 980 at a console instead of their current well inferior hardware. While they do get away with it currently im not sure what the change be like in the future.

Oh ya, there's no doubt that Nintendo's future console landscape will change with the passing of Iwata, but to what direction, who knows... Nintendo is a very different company from its competitors after all.

COMIC SANS

Oh ya, there's no doubt that Nintendo's future console landscape will change with the passing of Iwata, but to what direction, who knows... Nintendo is a very different company from its competitors after all.

fingers crossed the new president does a fully fledged pokemon game on the wii u or nx or whatever their main console is because that would sell the console.

Listen if you care.

this is the reason I Fold, to help the cancer research, reduce death, and increase understanding

This is the reason I'm going to college to study chemistry.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Very sad, cancer is a bitch.

But....maybe now nintendo will join us in the 21st century?  :ph34r:  doubtful though since he was just a CEO and most decisions were probably made by those above him

RIP

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

fingers crossed the new president does a fully fledged pokemon game on the wii u or nx or whatever their main console is because that would sell the console.

I'd really appreciate that, I liked Colosseum and xD.

Very sad, cancer is a bitch.

But....maybe now nintendo will join us in the 21st century?  :ph34r: 

Well it is the family of Nintendo that appointed the president... so I don't think there will be any differences, from my understanding.

Also, from my limited knowledge on Japan company structure, it is important that everyone agrees on a decision making, if someone doesn't, then it is considered to not be the best idea. And the ideas with the least people that disagree, is the one taken. Ideally, you want everyone to agree.

Nintendo executives are all for deep control, and the idea to stay very close to the Japanese business model. So I don't think there will be any changes.