Nintendo president has sadly passed away ;(

May he rest in piece. I'm gonna buy every pokemon game on the gameboy in his honor.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well it is the family of Nintendo that appointed the president... so I don't think there will be any differences, from my understanding.

Also, from my limited knowledge on Japan company structure, it is important that everyone agrees on a decision making, if someone doesn't, then it is considered to not be the best idea. And the ideas with the least people that disagree, is the one taken. Ideally, you want everyone to agree.

Nintendo executives are all for deep control, and the idea to stay very close to the Japanese business model. So I don't think there will be any changes.

An interesting thought, but one can always hope.

Still, very sad.

May he rest in piece. I'm gonna buy every pokemon game on the gameboy in his honor.

And then rip their roms to your PC for emulation right? :P

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well it is the family of Nintendo that appointed the president... so I don't think there will be any differences, from my understanding.

Also, from my limited knowledge on Japan company structure, it is important that everyone agrees on a decision making, if someone doesn't, then it is considered to not be the best idea. And the ideas with the least people that disagree, is the one taken. Ideally, you want everyone to agree.

Nintendo executives are all for deep control, and the idea to stay very close to the Japanese business model. So I don't think there will be any changes.

They have ]been making good progress as well. Theyll likely continue wht they are doing and expand upon it.

Still, very sad.

-snip-

I dont get how they havnt joined us in the 21st century?

Gawd. Damn. It.

Goodbye Mr Iwata, no doubt I owe many of my fondest gaming memories at least in part to you.

:(

Still, very sad.

And then rip their roms to your PC for emulation right? :P

Fuck yes. Every single Gameboy game was fucking legendary.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

fingers crossed the new president does a fully fledged pokemon game on the wii u or nx or whatever their main console is because that would sell the console.

Not going to happen. Game Freak is never going to agree to that (reminder that Game Freak is a 100% privately owned company and owns 33% of the Pokemon IP), and it's really not as good of an idea as you people think. For one, it would be cannibalizing their handheld in favor of their console, which is just an odd decision to make. On top of that, it's not going to sell as much as it does on handhelds anyway. A huge chunk of Pokemon's sales are from Japan, and they favor handhelds. Add the fact that it would cost dramatically more to develop than a handheld game, and even if Nintendo could somehow convince Game Freak to do it, it would be throwing money away.

Going to do this because it had to be done.

(someone beat me to it on the Tek Syndicate forums lol)

The guy was a fucking legend. He compressed GSC's code enough to fit Kanto into the game, he completely redid the code for Earthbound from scratch and made it work, he ported Pokémon battle code to the N64 with no reference documentation and did some major work on Super Smash Bros. Melee to make sure it released on time. Say what you will about some of his more... interesting business decisions, but Iwata was very dedicated to his job until the very end.

They have ]been making good progress as well. Theyll likely continue wht they are doing and expand upon it.

I dont get how they havnt joined us in the 21st century?

In many many many ways. Not going to get into it here because it would be OT

Not going to happen. Game Freak is never going to agree to that (reminder that Game Freak is a 100% privately owned company and owns 33% of the Pokemon IP), and it's really not as good of an idea as you people think. For one, it would be cannibalizing their handheld in favor of their console, which is just an odd decision to make. On top of that, it's not going to sell as much as it does on handhelds anyway. A huge chunk of Pokemon's sales are from Japan, and they favor handhelds. Add the fact that it would cost dramatically more to develop than a handheld game, and even if Nintendo could somehow convince Game Freak to do it, it would be throwing money away.

Then at a minimum bring back the ability for me to play my portable games on the TV. Anyone remember this?

In many many many ways. Not going to get into it here because it would be OT

Then create a new topic in the correct sub forum and I would gladly discuss it.

Then create a new topic in the correct sub forum and I would gladly discuss it.

Maybe later. Trying to cram in a report before midnight due date lol (yet I'm still on forums and watching dbz on my third monitor.....ADD is a bitch) If I do I will message you a link)

11404246_432682406892554_946117160_n.gif

There goes my childhood in one guy.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

He really was. A CEO that really wanted the best for his audience. Gonna be tough shoes to fill now that he's gone.

RIP man :( Prayers out to the family and friends. 

Genyo Takeda and Shigeru Miyamoto will be acting on the interim. Hopefully they find someone good to fill in the hole he left.

I guess he can stare at as many banana's as he wants from now on.

:( RiP

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

There goes my childhood in one guy.

her childhood(or his heaven)

wtf-anime-panties-attack.gif

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

The only real way they could be behind would be specs, but Nintendo games are extremely well optimized (hmm...I wonder why) so that kinda cancels itself out.

Nintendo games are well optimized because they work with their partners to really understand the hardware of the console they designed, and with the engineer. Also, Like Blizzard they don't rush release games... well at least try not to. A bug free game is not enough for Nintendo, their level of standard include attention to details everywhere, and polished game play experience. They are able to achieve this because it is in their company culture. Everyone on top understands delays and long development times to achieve the level of standard their aim at.

Big publisher/studios is all about rushing a game out, which one can argue that if the game had a different title, it would not sale as well.

As everything is done in rush mode, there is no caring on attention to detail (which is strange because they all aim for high attention of details, that they ignore all this, or do like 1 thing... like cape physics of the main character, we all go wild, while I bet if Nintendo made PC games, this would be expected in todays game, and so many more missing details). They don't call up AMD or Nvidia for help (it's more AMD and Nvidia that comes to them. Mostly Nvidia to recode or optimize their DirectX/OpenGL shaders), they don't work with Intel and AMD on how to better develop multi-threaded game, and use CPU features to boost performance. All this cost time, and time is money.

Wow. Terrible... RIP. 

FZWdXbH.jpg

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

RIP....I just can't stand sad news...

I Don't know much about him but he was a great guy from what I know.

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M ||