Xbox One New Elite Controller - Swappable parts included - Updated

GoodBytes

Why...? Games like DMC 3/4 (especially 4, cause you can change styles mid fight) were made for a controller that has a billion keys. And those are some of the best games out there (for me). If you don't want to play games because they are too complicated to play you'll miss a lot of great games. They are worth every second you put in them, mastering the game is part of the fun.

He is dead set on thinking this is a replacement controller, not a optional one akin to the SCUF or even RAzer Sabertooth. Customization for users if they want it, not a standard for developers to develop with. Reading comprehension isn't doing so well. It is 10000% optional to purchase and use. It is akin to buying a Logitech G700S over a OEM Dell mouse. More options, but not a development standard. 

Sheesh. 

Bouzoo can you understand that others and I might not be able to play games on console if they continuously add more and more buttons?  What may be fun to you and something you can do may not be what others want or can handle.  

I'm just saying give games the are hard to master a chance and you might find your new favorite game.  ;)

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I'm just saying give games the are hard to master a chance and you might find your new favorite game.  ;)

Trust me Bouzoo I have tried to wrap my head around complex controls and it hasn't worked.  An example of this would be NHL 15 on XBox 360.  My son can do every move in that game whereas I was happy when I learned one or two extra things.  With that said if I see a console adopting more and more buttons on controllers and offering game developers the opportunity to have the player have even more things to do well that is not good for me.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

He is dead set on thinking this is a replacement controller, not a optional one akin to the SCUF or even RAzer Sabertooth. Customization for users if they want it, not a standard for developers to develop with. Reading comprehension isn't doing so well. It is 10000% optional to purchase and use. It is akin to buying a Logitech G700S over a OEM Dell mouse. More options, but not a development standard. 

Sheesh. 

This is where you are wrong.  I didn't say it 100% meant they were pushing developers to make game controls more difficult.  I am saying if it was doing that I would be less and less interested in the Xbox One and other future consoles.  As history shows game controllers have gotten more and more complex with each generation of systems.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

naaa if current controller costs more than the steam controller screw that steam controller it is

naaa if current controller costs more than the steam controller screw that steam controller it is

aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

1568leo.jpg

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I'm very interested about the D-pad and the swappable buttons. Reminds me of a Scuf controller.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

@GoodBytes You can update the OP with the link above ^^ and some of it's pics.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

This vs the steam controller will be an interesting development, put me in the "You've got my attention" camp.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Damn nice, I already have a scuf one for my xbox though  :( and these cost $150+.

LOL $150 FOR AN XBOX CONTROLLER MORE LIKE LOL NO NIGGA

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Had me for everything, and then drop... I was like Nooooooooope. *enter beastie boys*

LOL $150 FOR AN XBOX CONTROLLER MORE LIKE LOL NO NIGGA

The price is actually quite competitive.

I am not a fan of the price but damn that looks really good.

That new d-pad thing looks weird though. Why is it that Nintendo are the only ones with good d-pads? I got super excited when I saw the Xbone controller for the first time but it ended up being pretty bad.

$150 for a gamepad...

ill just take a new mechanical keyboard, thanks

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I am not a fan of the price but damn that looks really good.

That new d-pad thing looks weird though. Why is it that Nintendo are the only ones with good d-pads? I got super excited when I saw the Xbone controller for the first time but it ended up being pretty bad.

patents yo, which it seems it expired the same year the new consoles came out, maybe this one will incorporate part of nintendo patented design

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

patents yo, which it seems it expired the same year the new consoles came out, maybe this one will incorporate part of nintendo patented design

But even the Xbone controller has a terrible d-pad, despite having a similar design. I can't put my finger on it but it's just a lot less responsive and harder to use than for example the NES d-pad.

Nintendo had a patent for it, but it expired in 2005. But who knows, maybe they got some extra patents which makes it impossible to make good d-pads. God why does patents have to ruin everything?

That looks like a monster to control but it does look nice.

I'll stick with my PS controllers and my keyboard/mouse.

It does look gorges but PS controllers are better IMHO.

Yup.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

sooo basicly they made a more expensive and little bit more customizable version of the razer sabertooth?

ohh i remember the hate that thing got for having those triggers on the back.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

interesting concept but with so many parts swappable I worry about durability.