LGBT community

carguy86

Are you sure it's gay enough?

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

4 hours ago, milkerfish said:

Moved out into the dorms at uni and got some gay little things for my gay little room 

That is a very nice sized desk. i approve

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

My bed- I wasn’t assigned a roommate at uni, and because of this I pushed my two Twin XL beds together and pushed my desks and a nightstand to the other side of the room for my computer setup. 

image.jpg

• 2 months later...

seconded the above, is anyone who followes this still active?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

Canada is the first country to provide census data on transgender and non-binary people

Funny enough, Statistic Canada has a Reddit account and post information from time to time.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

14 hours ago, Schnoz said:

*edited cut down*

Hide contents

1. I've been questioning my gender identity, and this has been going on for the better part of a year. I don't feel like a woman trapped in a man's body, though. I'm totally fine with being a guy...it's just that, if I were a girl, I'd be really happy with that too.

2. I'm far from reaching a conclusion as to who exactly I am, especially given that I continue to grow. I'm not sure what to do next, but with the amazing people I've met thus far, and the friends I'll make along the way, I hope I'll find some answers.

3. I tried talking to my parents about questioning my identity, and, uh, it did not go well. It was like stepping on a landmine

4. But, the knowledge that gender and sex are two different things, as well as the fact that gender exists on a broad spectrum, has emboldened me enough to post this.

5. And I'll be going off to UC Berkeley soon, which is also quite progressive in views

(hopefully you dont find this to be rude) 😕

1. this can be normal for certain people even by physical traits or personality that could be overcomed to maybe take a firmer stance. Which can really confuse the topic about being trans. 2. That one hope when growing, that you find the puzzles pieces that were missing in an idenitity that might not know where it's at or what kind of identity it really want to identify as, but to know just like love, you might not know where to find it or who to get it from. At any point in life, and nobody might have gotten the right answers even at that point, just some that believe they found the most they needed to be happy. Which I guess is the point and wanting to find or seek these things in life. 3. ouch.

4. yes and no, as for gender and sex, they can have a lot of ties but still be different from each other. While identity could be anything if one really wanted to. As a lot of gendered speech or usage is based around their sex. Of course this could be reduced, but it can't be removed without a bunch of issues to be addressed.

5. so long the "progressive" is not "regressive". 😛  but hope those friends are able to find the identity you want to express or create new paths to be opened up. 🙂

15 hours ago, Schnoz said:

I've been questioning my gender identity, and this has been going on for the better part of a year. I don't feel like a woman trapped in a man's body, though. I'm totally fine with being a guy...it's just that, if I were a girl, I'd be really happy with that too.

I feel this so much

For the better part of a year now ive been feeling like id be happier as a girl, but until recently never acceppted im trans because ive never had what I would call dysphoria (like i dont like how i look, i hate how my hair and face look but i never thought it was dysphoria), but recently ive learned that they're's plenty of trans people that have never expirenced dysphoria and transition because thats what makes them happiest. It doesnt help that im atracted to women.

Ive recently started telling my friends and am pretty sure i am trans. Just yesterday one of my friends called me a woman and i was all smiles for like 5 minutes.

Its hard. Theres still so much doubt (and near everyone ive talked to understands that feeling and it tends to fade over time), but it makes me happier.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Helpful Tech Wiard said:

For the better part of a year now ive been feeling like id be happier as a girl, but until recently never acceppted im trans because ive never had what I would call dysphoria (like i dont like how i look, i hate how my hair and face look but i never thought it was dysphoria), but recently ive learned that they're's plenty of trans people that have never expirenced dysphoria and transition because thats what makes them happiest. It doesnt help that im atracted to women.

Ive recently started telling my friends and am pretty sure i am trans. Just yesterday one of my friends called me a woman and i was all smiles for like 5 minutes.

Its hard. Theres still so much doubt (and near everyone ive talked to understands that feeling and it tends to fade over time), but it makes me happier.

I feel like it's much harder on guys to act feminine or feel like you'd be happier as a woman without just coming out a trans.

Women can act or look slightly masculine and we just get referred to as tomboys, the trans discussion rarely ever comes up in those cases. I would refer to myself as maybe tomboy-lite, I was always one of "the boys" in school, but never once has anyone asked me "maybe you're trans" even all the way up to today, is a strange double standard you guys get to deal with 😞

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

I feel like it's much harder on guys to act feminine or feel like you'd be happier as a woman without just coming out a trans.

Women can act or look slightly masculine and we just get referred to as tomboys, the trans discussion rarely ever comes up in those cases. I would refer to myself as maybe tomboy-lite, I was always one of "the boys" in school, but never once has anyone asked me "maybe you're trans" even all the way up to today, is a strange double standard you guys get to deal with 😞

This

im Lucky enough to have accepting friends and live within 30 minutes of a very accepting town, and I was already planning to go into town with someone and get some fem clothes (yay my first skirt!) and I might wear them around that town a bit (depending on how brave I am)

but I’m lucky. Most people don’t have that privilege to be able to do that.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

50 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

It's great that you're living in a relatively progressive town, too.

oh, no. I live near one.

I live is a very small town thats very.... not acepting. 

51 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

There's been a guy at my school who's worn a skirt (definitely not a kilt lol) multiple times, and I've worn leggings to school, and everyone's been totally cool with it. It's super nice.

theres a very gay, very brave guy at my school thats worn a skirt several times. 
He got shit for it constantly, but he did it several times again. I idolise that bravery

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

On 3/29/2015 at 7:10 PM, Aniallation said:

By my parents (retarded) logic they think that parenting is only physical support (food, clothes, etc) and discipline (don't be a dick). Notice anything big lacking? Yeah, for 15 and a half years of my life (before I met my boyfriend) I had nobody to give me any mental or emotional support, and when the subject is brought up to my parents it's always a response with the good ol' "back in my day we didn't have X or Y" bullshit.  <_<

this was pretty big in my life as well. not to mention multiple cps houses that wouldnt let us figure ourselves out because it was against their views. Bisexual myself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 11:31 PM, Schnoz said:

Hide contents

Hmm...I guess I can't really say this lightly. I'll just go ahead...

(Adding a spoiler so it's not easily visible on search engines)

I've been questioning my gender identity, and this has been going on for the better part of a year. I don't feel like a woman trapped in a man's body, though. I'm totally fine with being a guy...it's just that, if I were a girl, I'd be really happy with that too.

I'm really confused right now. Gender is hard. I tried talking to my parents about questioning my identity, and, uh, it did not go well. It was like stepping on a landmine. I was expecting them to support me, and seeing two normally calm, collected people with PhDs blow up like that at probably one of my most vulnerable points was...rough, to say the least. They're otherwise-amazing parents, but...well, I've tightened my security measures, and, uh, I know who I can't talk to about this.

It's been a long time coming to this post, and there have definitely been quite a few signs suggesting that I'm...may not be straight. I've done a bunch of research, from reading liberal, centrist, and conservative views on the subject to research papers and the like. Normally, I don't make big decisions on pure sentiment, and this is no exception. But, the knowledge that gender and sex are two different things, as well as the fact that gender exists on a broad spectrum, has emboldened me enough to post this.

I'm quite thankful to have found this community, as well as to be living in the Bay Area (which is very progressive). I've met openly non-heterosexual/trans/nonbinary people and made some great friends.

And I'll be going off to UC Berkeley soon, which is also quite progressive in views (I know because a few student organizations were handing out pride/trans memorabilia, which made me quite happy). I'm far from reaching a conclusion as to who exactly I am, especially given that I continue to grow. I'm not sure what to do next, but with the amazing people I've met thus far, and the friends I'll make along the way, I hope I'll find some answers.

I would greatly appreciate y'all's support and advice! Also, I'd be happy answering questions that anyone might have.

Thanks for being great people, and for maintaining a community where I feel that I can post about this.

I've felt the same way for several years - I don't know if I can ever tell my parents. Unfortunately since I live in a rather small town in middle-of-nowhere rural America with an average population age of 86+, I can't quite tell anyone... 

3 hours ago, System51 said:

Might paint the LGBTQIA+ flag onto my wall soon. Who knows.

jkjk already hired a painter 

lmao nice, if only... transphobic parents and then college dorm

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

2 hours ago, milkerfish said:

I tweeted this out earlier but the LTT discord mods removed a picture of my PC setup because I had the trans flag in the background and then danced around the issue when I asked what was wrong with the flag.

I got a message from an LTT staff member saying they're looking into it but last time this happened nothing came of it unfortunately. The head mod seems to be pretty close to another staff member making them almost immune from repercussions.

Pretty disappointing considering the forum is so open and accepting (this thead has been going for 7 years with no issue). Not to mention the countless tweets and messages of support by LMG staff.

Meanwhile the discord is filled with hardline mods that remove anything LGBT related while continually saying how supportive they are.

Additionally when I brought this concern up with the mod team in DMs they seemed to think it's some sort of personal attack on them when that's not the case. 

I understand the discord is not a priority for LMG but it's still a publically facing official representation of the company. 

here's the tweet in question: 

oh yikes... yeah, that sucks. Who's the official head at LMG for the discord?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

4 minutes ago, milkerfish said:

"Officially" it's Jake I believe, however Jake is obv busy with his real job at LMG so dooley (enderman pfp) is the acting head mod of the LTT discord.

@jakkuh_t

She/they 

46 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Wow, that is...quite dishonest, to say the least, and definitely not a good move (or look). If people are put off by a trans flag, it would be a far better move to have just live and let live then, well, this. All this really sounds like what a stereotypical "DissChord mod" would do, unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, milkerfish said:

I tweeted this out earlier but the LTT discord mods removed a picture of my PC setup because I had the trans flag in the background and then danced around the issue when I asked what was wrong with the flag.

I understand the discord is not a priority for LMG but it's still a publically facing official representation of the company.

which flag? oh that one. rainbow flag is generally more accepted idea/flag? same for trans (should be fine?) or a bit different with "non-binary" or whatever flag it relates to, is a bit more or can be a bit more politically charged. If they removed and said why, and if there is just to reduce the drama, then it might be fine by their own rules. then again seems like an "innocent" post anyways. As if you or people go into the whole identity rabbit hole from the flag and "what is gender" to laws, it can become quite the mess.

Which one could state other country flags can also be (focus on said war), but yeah... something to talk with the mods about.

Edited by Quackers101

35 minutes ago, milkerfish said:

Some additional context regarding the actions of the LTT discord mods

Some of that sounded like it didn't have the full story (or it was), and most of those in the discord that was there, likely have more context to what was said and what they meant. Also what was the threats made? (if wanting the discord to be "fair", for a discussion to clear the issues had etc) Or is it more related to what or how they did it, in the first story? the last pictures, where the mod specificly state, they felt like it would stirr up something. While one can disagree with them, that is something to be disagreed about. Maybe they had their reasons or not. which is why you could ask them, but I guess that was where it felt like it was being "danced around the issue". Everyone seeing what is too political differently and what exactly that means or how far that really goes. As some state anything could be political if one want to make it that way, be it tech, any other flag, and so on.

if one are able to read any of this 😛

Edited by Quackers101

22 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

Some of that sounded like it didn't have the full story (or it was), and most of those in the discord that was there, likely have more context to what was said and what they meant. Also what was the threats made? (if wanting the discord to be "fair", for a discussion to clear the issues had etc) Or is it more related to what or how they did it, in the first story? the last pictures, where the mod specificly state, they felt like it would stirr up something. While one can disagree with them, that is something to be disagreed about. Maybe they had their reasons or not. which is why you could ask them, but I guess that was where it felt like it was being "danced around the issue". Everyone seeing what is too political differently and what exactly that means or how far that really goes. As some state anything could be political if one want to make it that way, be it tech, any other flag, and so on.

if one are able to read any of this 😛

We are repeatedly threatened to be banned from the Discord. Hard to give a blow by blow account on Twitter. I guess I could pull a Pokimane and use the notes app on my phone, lol. We have specifically asked them. We have had long discussions. This is something that has gone on for years.

I have a lot of respect for everyone who works at LMG and FP. I know that they don't see what is going on in the server. If they want they have the power to see the whole picture by reviewing the mod chat, audit log, and searching dates and times. Mod chat is especially important, because that is where mods talk about us, lol. I have seen screenshots. 

I am definitely not a model citizen. I am not a victim. I have zero filter, A horrible temper, I am highly inappropriate at times. Basically a female Linus, lol. I love this community though. I will stand up for those who have been treated unfairly and especially those who have been discriminated against by an authority figure.

I never felt like I fit anywhere else. I have always felt "different" than other people. When I went to LTX2019, it was the first time I felt comfortable being around other people. I have always been considered eccentric, outgoing, immature, and awkward. I grew up in a town where I was brainwashed from birth that the way I felt about the other sex was a sin and I was going to hell. I have felt immense shame and to this day still have conflicting feelings about myself and my identity.

LTT has given me a way to connect with my son and some amazing friends that I talk to every single day. I am very active in Pilot Chat. It isn't the same anymore since my group of friends were banned and now Sarah has been driven out by hate. I just want to have a fun place to banter with friends again and be excited about tech together. A place that isn't trying to scrub the existence of LGBTQIA+ from it's servers. We aren't talking politics. We aren't bringing up current events, laws, protests, discussions, etc. They deleted my "Happy Pride Day" post and a picture of a really cool battle station that just happened to have a trans flag on the wall and was not the main focus. I'm sorry but that is not okay. I have said Happy Easter, Christmas, Hanukkah, 4th of July, Valentines, [insert card making company manufactured holiday here] and there has never been an issue. It is censorship and discrimination.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. I love all of you. You Matter, You're Important, You Belong Here, You're Seen. If you need assistance with mental health resources I have links in my profile and will be adding more soon. Currently rebuilding my website. 

https://www.aclu.org/issues/lgbtq-rights/lgbtq-youth/free-expression-and-censorship

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

13 hours ago, Elektra57 said:

We are repeatedly threatened to be banned from the Discord. Hard to give a blow by blow account on Twitter. I guess I could pull a Pokimane and use the notes app on my phone, lol. We have specifically asked them. We have had long discussions. This is something that has gone on for years.

-

A place that isn't trying to scrub the existence of LGBTQIA+

-

It is censorship and discrimination.

Again LGBT has a bit more clearer boundaries (some being physical and some identity), while "LGBTQIA+" (+ various or any identities) could in a sense mean 99% or everyone for that matter?

I grew up in a town where I was brainwashed from birth that the way I felt about the other sex was a sin and I was going to hell. 

ah yes the cults, giving "children books" with images to give nightmares to them and putting ideas about going to hell for straying off "their path" or whatever else they do. not great 😞

Basically a female Linus, lol.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

gonna take that one 😛

Thank you for speaking out, and going a bit more into it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 11:08 PM, milkerfish said:

I got a message from an LTT staff member saying they're looking into it but last time this happened nothing came of it unfortunately. The head mod seems to be pretty close to another staff member making them almost immune from repercussions.

Pretty disappointing considering the forum is so open and accepting (this thead has been going for 7 years with no issue). Not to mention the countless tweets and messages of support by LMG staff.

Meanwhile the discord is filled with hardline mods that remove anything LGBT related while continually saying how supportive they are.

Additionally when I brought this concern up with the mod team in DMs they seemed to think it's some sort of personal attack on them when that's not the case. 

Did you ever get a response on this? This seems really messed up. Also the comment about it being political, is absolutely absurd. I mean if that's political, then everything is political.

5 hours ago, milkerfish said:

I can't wait to start HRT properly, I've been DIYing since February because my GP/family doctor has been a gatekeepy bitch and first put me on an 8 month waitlist to get an assessment and then a further 4 month waitlist to see an endocrinologist who doesn't even mainly deal with trans people.

Better safe than sorry. I'd rather wait and know it is being done right and that my body will respond appropriately, and wait a year, than rush it a screw something up. Plus, some people are genuinely mentally unstable, which is again why your doctor is so hesitant, and why they got an evaluation done. Also, you might want to consider this.

(quote from that link, where you can investigate this yourself)

Results

The overall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 1.8–4.3) than for controls of the same birth sex, particularly death from suicide (aHR 19.1; 95% CI 5.8–62.9). Sex-reassigned persons also had an increased risk for suicide attempts (aHR 4.9; 95% CI 2.9–8.5) and psychiatric inpatient care (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 2.0–3.9). Comparisons with controls matched on reassigned sex yielded similar results. Female-to-males, but not male-to-females, had a higher risk for criminal convictions than their respective birth sex controls.

Conclusions

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. (this we already know) Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

This was a study done in Sweden, a place that is far more supportive than America is of transgender people. I am not saying what you are and aren't, I am telling you that this may not be the perfect solution you wish it to be. Just be careful.

20 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

This was a study done in Sweden, a place that is far more supportive than America is of transgender people. I am not saying what you are and aren't, I am telling you that this may not be the perfect solution you wish it to be. Just be careful.

I think you may be interpreting this study incorrectly. This study does not indicate that sex reassignment increases harmful outcomes. Comparing "sex reassigned" persons to "the general population" is not a useful nor meaningful comparison to determine this. If you are trying to measure the effect of sex reassignment on mortality and other harmful outcomes, the comparison that should be made is the one between "sex reassigned" persons, and persons who wanted sex reassignment, but were denied it, or persons who considered it, and decided against it.

Here is a quote from the introduction:

This study design sheds new light on transsexual persons' health after sex reassignment. It does not, however, address whether sex reassignment is an effective treatment or not.

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

21 minutes ago, Hairless Monkey Boy said:

I think you may be interpreting this study incorrectly. This study does not indicate that sex reassignment increases harmful outcomes. Comparing "sex reassigned" persons to "the general population" is not a useful nor meaningful comparison to determine this. If you are trying to measure the effect of sex reassignment on mortality and other harmful outcomes, the comparison that should be made is the one between "sex reassigned" persons, and persons who wanted sex reassignment, but were denied it, or persons who considered it, and decided against it.

Ok, I found a thing here that says you were rightish.

"For the purpose of evaluating the safety of sex reassignment in terms of morbidity and mortality, however, it is reasonable to compare sex reassigned persons with matched population controls. The caveat with this design is that transsexual persons before sex reassignment might differ from healthy controls (although this bias can be statistically corrected for by adjusting for baseline differences)"

But what I don't understand is this:

21 minutes ago, Hairless Monkey Boy said:

This study design sheds new light on transsexual persons' health after sex reassignment. It does not, however, address whether sex reassignment is an effective treatment or not.

How is comparing the suicide rate before and after gender reassignment surgery, which is supposed to solve the issues that would cause such a person to commit suicide, not speak on the effectiveness?

This is supposed to be a permanent solution, and it seems to wear off after 10 years.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:08 PM, milkerfish said:

On 5/13/2022 at 11:44 PM, milkerfish said:

Some additional context regarding the actions of the LTT discord mods 

@LinusTech @jakkuh_t @CPotter @nicklmg the actions of the discord mod team are kind of concerning. I get what their intentions are - but their actions are in my opinion not okay.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)