LGBT community

carguy86
8 minutes ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

It has to do with huge companies exploiting the LGBT community and people who support the LGBT community. Specifically, when companies say they'll use the funds from the merch to support the community, yet they just pocket it. One dude selling shirts is fine.

I think it's important to note something: The corporations exploit everybody.

They don't care if you feel powerful and are living out the American dream with it... Just buy a pickup truck.  They don't care if it makes your summer refreshing... Just buy cola.  They don't care if it brings your family together through entertainment this Christmas... Just buy a 4K TV.

They ultimately don't care about anything beyond selling you things.  The only change here is that you're no longer considered to be of a demographic not worth marketing towards directly.  This isn't a special 'Oh they don't mean it when they message this way to LGTB people', they don't mean anything they say other than 'Buy this'.  But yeah, now they think you're worth including in that exploitation that everyone else has been the target of.  And as a bonus, it puts the very existence of LGBT people in to the screens and living rooms of more people.

I think a lot of people missed my point of it being a net positive by replying with the negative aspects, cause sure, there are negative aspects, but it is a net positive in it's effects.  Any other issues you have are not with 'Rainbow Capitalism but with 'Capitalism' as a whole.  Congrats, you're now worth emotionally manipulating with advertisements until you buy more potato chips.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

On 5/21/2021 at 12:04 PM, Nathanpete said:

Won't work. I carried a zipper bag full of M&Ms for about 4 hours in 103 F Vegas as I walked along the Strip and by the time I got back to my hotel room and pulled them out all the M&Ms were stuck and molded together into a giant gooey sack of chocolate. This may have been because being in a backpack they could have been crushed, and once they are crushed, they chocolate inside sticks to anything, so it won't work for you. So unless you send each ziplock bag in styrofoam packing and it stays in styrofoam packing (like the kind you get with surrounding flatscreen monitors, but obv smaller) the entire time until it is eaten, then it won't be good for your SO.

I thought I'd revisit this to show the end result, since I'm building and prepping the next care package now.  It's a series of interior partitions for each bag of Reese Pieces.  It'll keep the separate and uncrushed until the box is brought onboard the ship's air conditioned interior and the chocolate cools down.

PXL_20210606_013144236.thumb.jpg.151ac74126cf0b6e5e35de0ca57a4649.jpg

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Came out to my mom today.   It went surprisingly well.  I'm still like... surreal about it.  I'm glad to have gotten it off my chest though.

Also got some pride stuff for once.  It's a patch and a sticker.  I posted the other stickers that came with it for fun.

image0.jpg

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

On 6/1/2021 at 12:36 PM, Nowak said:

The biggest problem with rainbow capitalism is that it's only performative at best. What I mean by that is they just slap rainbows onto things to make it look like they care, but then in the background they continue to donate to anti-LGBT groups and politicians. Their "support" is just an empty veil and is virtually meaningless.

But at the same time, it makes LGBTphobes unreasonably angry that the cereal box has spaces for pronouns on the side so ayy lmao

frankly I've heard it best described as visibility for the LGBT community but it's still trying to profit of the gay lol

I don't like it.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

On 6/4/2021 at 5:43 PM, CerealExperimentsLain said:

I think it's important to note something: The corporations exploit everybody.

They don't care if you feel powerful and are living out the American dream with it... Just buy a pickup truck.  They don't care if it makes your summer refreshing... Just buy cola.  They don't care if it brings your family together through entertainment this Christmas... Just buy a 4K TV.

They ultimately don't care about anything beyond selling you things.  The only change here is that you're no longer considered to be of a demographic not worth marketing towards directly.  This isn't a special 'Oh they don't mean it when they message this way to LGTB people', they don't mean anything they say other than 'Buy this'.  But yeah, now they think you're worth including in that exploitation that everyone else has been the target of.  And as a bonus, it puts the very existence of LGBT people in to the screens and living rooms of more people.

I think a lot of people missed my point of it being a net positive by replying with the negative aspects, cause sure, there are negative aspects, but it is a net positive in it's effects.  Any other issues you have are not with 'Rainbow Capitalism but with 'Capitalism' as a whole.  Congrats, you're now worth emotionally manipulating with advertisements until you buy more potato chips.

you're blaming Capitalism for corporatism/corporate statism and cronyism those are perversions of a free-market economy and the free enterprise of individuals. Capitalism promotes the free market, Corporatism doesn't.

Happy Gay Month though!
I'm excited I get to do some gay stuff with my boyfriend this year during pride month lol.

For me, I kinda wished it wasn't called "pride", I think often see pride as a self centered and egotistical thing but that's not to say you shouldn't be happy with who you are/what you are and feel comfortable in what ever labels you want to associate yourself with but frankly I sorta think it's putting yourself in a box you don't necessarily need to place yourself in.
I understand wanting to be proud of overcoming adversity when you're not in a very supportive environment but I think there's a couple different types of pride there's a goal or achievement type of pride and there's an egotistical type of pride... a quote I found that's being attributed to a John C. Maxwell suits this well

"There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance."

Yeah I'm gay but guess what? I don't wear it on my sleeve, I'm content with my attraction to the same sex. I enjoy the relations I have with my same-sex significant other but at least for me I'm very nonchalant about it and try and be vague about it when I talk about it because it's not a big deal to me that it needs to be known that the person I'm with happens to be the same sex as me, the more important thing is that Im with someone and they make me happy. The fact they're also a guy isn't that big of a deal, nor should it be. I can understand to some it's a big deal but again it shouldn't be.
Like if you're a guy and you got a girlfriend great!
If you're a chick and got a boyfriend great!
If you're a guy and got a boyfriend? Great!
If you're a chick and got a girlfriend? Great!

you're with someone, you love them, they love you and hopefully both of yall are happy and that's all that matters.
Love matters more than what chromosomes they got lol

2 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

frankly I've heard it best described as visibility for the LGBT community but it's still trying to profit of the gay lol

I don't like it.

It's all just to profit off of and commodify our existence.

Realized i never let it be known here so here it is: I’m asexual lol

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Hungary is the latest country to try legislating LGBTQ+ people out of existence.

Maybe we should be arguing about what pride flags are "acceptable" or if kink should be allowed at pride parades instead of garnering community support for Hungarian LGBTQ+ people. I'm sure that'll help! :))))))))))))

Happy pride!

if you can't tell I'm extremely tired of the discourse™ that's been happening while things like this has been going on both here in america and abroad.

countries should get it over with, religious marriage =//= marriage. while churches might go against it due to their own right, doesn't mean one shouldn't be able to have a marriage or a church that supports it if they want it religious style or what has become commonly used practice, although some have done it differently over the years.

8 hours ago, Nowak said:

Hungary is the latest country to try legislating LGBTQ+ people out of existence.

a very weird legislation, it's like they should bar anything about sex/sex-ed, kissing or natural content for people under that age, I mean they do teach sex-ed don't they? scrap it all, much logic.

On 6/1/2021 at 1:36 PM, Nowak said:

But at the same time, it makes LGBTphobes unreasonably angry that the cereal box has spaces for pronouns on the side so ayy lmao

But I will say:
Watching the people who complain about snowflakes get mad at a box of cereal or something?  HILARIOUS

But corporate Pride stuff really depends on the company behind it.  For a lot of them?  It really is a "It's june, time for Rainbow Advertising crap!"  (Some companies are hilariously weird about it, including places like Raytheon.  Yeah, lets ask the Military Industrial Complex about LGBTQ rights!  (said noone ever!))

Some companies, actually are willing to put something behind it.  IE:  Target deciding that customers can use the bathroom they identify with.  (Ignoring bathroom bills or whatever.)

A few companies /really/ care, and it shows.  IE:  Ben and Jerry's.  They're all up in this stuff.

5 hours ago, tkitch said:

Raytheon.  Yeah, lets ask the Military Industrial Complex about LGBTQ rights!  (said noone ever!))

*stares in being the partner of someone in the military* 😛

1 minute ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

*stares in being the partner of someone in the military* 😛

People exist sure, but would you ask /RAYTHEON/ about civil rights?

Just now, tkitch said:

People exist sure, but would you ask /RAYTHEON/ about civil rights?

I'm perfectly onboard with rainbow missiles blowing the shit out of terrorists. 😄

So uh, off topic kinda, but i finally went on my first ""date"" (date in heavy quotations). I put it in quotes because it wasn't technically a date, but was basically a date.

For context, I met this group of people on halloween who im still in touch with and also there was only one other guy who was in the group. So a bit ago at the beginning of this month i sent a pride meme, and he said he would take me out for dinner, which i thought he was joking bc hes 'straight' or in the closet (you get the jest) but turns out he wasnt joking and we decided on a place to eat and we even had something planed after. He even paid for the meal!

After we got dinner, the place we were gonna go after was closed so we just went back to my place and watched netflix. AND HE LET ME BRING MY TANJIRO BODY PILLOW EVEN AND DIDNT MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS A TOTAL INCEL BC OF IT. and part way through he asked to cuddle which we did! My first time cuddling a man. He even itched me head which felt so nice it was amazing. And when he left he said something to the effect of 'you mean more than anything' (i forgot exactly what he said but like that). It was so amazing.

Although like i said b4 he is 'straight' or in the closet. Some other ppl in the group which i asked said they're pretty sure hes fruity but in the closet. But it was still nice. But im kinda getting mixed signals ya feel? It was so nice tho

Also happy pride month! I have an apple pride shirt which i would show but i can't really show it bc its super dirty.

Bisexual, been on my facebook for probably the last 6 years but people still come and say "WHAT? YOU LIKE YOUR OWN GENDER?"

With now 290 on my facebook block list, i really hope facebook doesnt have a block limit.

Edited by MultiGamerClub
Should probably say "facebook" in the end so it doesnt get mis-interpreted as this forum, this forum good yo.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

4 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Bisexual, been on my facebook for probably the last 6 years but people still come and say "WHAT? YOU LIKE YOUR OWN GENDER?"

With now 290 on my facebook block list, i really hope facebook doesnt have a block limit.

Lmao the boomers on facebook just be so crazy most of the time, probably one of the main reasons i don't use it.

I mostly just browse marketplace for some vintage pcs and the like then get the hell out of there as fast as i can

30 minutes ago, Retro_R said:

Lmao the boomers on facebook just be so crazy most of the time, probably one of the main reasons i don't use it.

I mostly just browse marketplace for some vintage pcs and the like then get the hell out of there as fast as i can

Boomers, ahh... I feel like one myself when the younger generations have words that just short to something and i actually have to ask.

All tho im turning 25 in 2 months, i feel too old to get some of the terms in norway and the younger people.. Times change.. And too fast x'D

(Yes i used XD in 2021, change my mind.)

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

2 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Boomers, ahh... I feel like one myself when the younger generations have words that just short to something and i actually have to ask.

All tho im turning 25 in 2 months, i feel too old to get some of the terms in norway and the younger people.. Times change.. And too fast x'D

(Yes i used XD in 2021, change my mind.)

Well maybe you are one if you use facebook. haha im just kidding around lol. If it makes you feel any better, sometimes i dont understand some of the slang today, even though i use a lot of slang. Also, can we talk about how based is just biased with ONE LETTER REMOVED. it makes no sense. But whatever ig.

1 minute ago, Retro_R said:

Well maybe you are one if you use facebook. haha im just kidding around lol. If it makes you feel any better, sometimes i dont understand some of the slang today, even though i use a lot of slang. Also, can we talk about how based is just biased with ONE LETTER REMOVED. it makes no sense. But whatever ig.

I use some slang too, but learning newer slang for something i thought meant something completely else is both weird and fun.

one letter removed? huh?

1 minute ago, MultiGamerClub said:

I use some slang too, but learning newer slang for something i thought meant something completely else is both weird and fun.

one letter removed? huh?

Lmao fr, i thought glizzy meant like a hot dog or something. Turns out it means a different type of hot dog.

some ppl use based to mean biased but it's the same thing without the i. One letter.

Just now, Retro_R said:

Lmao fr, i thought glizzy meant like a hot dog or something. Turns out it means a different type of hot dog.

some ppl use based to mean biased but it's the same thing without the i. One letter.

based
jk

Never heard glizzy before, havent even googled what ig means.

Weird how fast i saw based become a thing, really fast.

3 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Never heard glizzy before

Oh it was like a meme thing a while back, pretty dead now though.

3 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

havent even googled what ig means

it just means i guess

11 hours ago, Eviljuche said:

Hmm... I thought "based" is a slang thing from 4chan, shortened from "based on facts" and is a synonym to the word "cool" and an antonym to the slang word "cringe", but I might be wrong...

I think the first part is true. I've heard it mean biased. Tbh i dont really have a clue. Thats just what i thought i saw on urban dictionary 🤷‍♂️