LGBT community

carguy86

Another care package sent to the GF's ship to meet it at god knows what port.  This is the third last one at least as the deployment slowly wonders to an end and the ship makes it's way back to Canada.  Every box I send her has some stupid gag or parody on it.  This is a small one this time. 🙂

PXL_20210621_013451698.thumb.jpg.4b162d6f1e81224260ae0d56ec969042.jpg

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

lmao, sport is doing some drama again.

Now with showing the rainbow colors.

While they were allowed when the rainbow "season" was here, but not now... due to "it's going to be too political". like, wtf?

Such a bait and switch.

On 6/20/2021 at 9:49 PM, CerealExperimentsLain said:

Another care package sent to the GF's ship to meet it at god knows what port.  This is the third last one at least as the deployment slowly wonders to an end and the ship makes it's way back to Canada.  Every box I send her has some stupid gag or parody on it.  This is a small one this time. 🙂

Reminds me of the LGR episode where someone sent him some ISA cards or something in a gag box, it was "My First Fire" and had stuff like "no more questions like 'Mommy will this burn'? Your toddler can find out for himself now!"

• 2 months later...

I've been at my aunt's house in Colorado for the past half-week, and I gotta say that while travel feels awkward right now... it's nice not being the only gay person in the house lmao

(one of my cousins out here is gay and married)

1 hour ago, System51 said:

When your parents keep sending you mental health hospitals they want you to go to even tho you moved out cause they are homophobic. Why tf. 

Can't say what is needed or who is wrong for different reasons as it seems like a very personal matter.

But if they abuse this and there is no reason for them to do so (mental health etc), hopefully be able to get control over your own life (if of age or not).

Also if sending you there can be abusive and what is done there makes it worse, like conversion therapy if that is a place were it could happen or the use of certain drugs and methods, a court could claim this being against your rights. But that can be a mess in and of itself.

I gotta be 100, i cant believe how supportive or indifferent people are to Transgenders here. I genuinely feel like im treated like a girl, and i really love it. Thank you.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

I gotta be 100, i cant believe how supportive or indifferent people are to Transgenders here. I genuinely feel like im treated like a girl, and i really love it. Thank you.

This does seem like a nice little corner of the internet, doesn't it?

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Glad we're welcoming. But there are haters everywhere, if there's anything wrong, make sure to report it, we mods try to keep this thread as clean as possible.

It's a safe space and should remain as such. 😉

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

After seven months apart, and a quick detour through LMG, I finally got my girlfriend back.  Instead of getting to greet the returning hero on the jetty though, I had to board the ship and drag her out of her office while she finished work.

PXL_20210828_204836824.thumb.jpg.ee51b3c5fb3667ae91e9a83c3f8a2c75.jpgPXL_20210830_181149428.thumb.jpg.37f3baa1b5f507653edd63a8a6b2ffb8.jpgPXL_20210830_183912196.thumb.jpg.3739b8f6f4e87cbb4e947ee038aa1d1f.jpgPXL_20210830_184711639.thumb.jpg.5662b6264d2d19fb0b19db3553955ea2.jpg

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

• 2 months later...
On 9/16/2021 at 6:28 AM, System51 said:

New background. 

System51.png

oooh j'aime! Personally I use this:

image.thumb.png.eaff261b6200d6022a96cd659ba58270.png

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

28 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

Why did everyone stop posting for two months? 😞

Just one of those threads that falls off every now and again.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 minutes ago, System51 said:

We would need more ppl interested in this.

It's not about getting people "interested". It's just a thread where people can talk to each other about these things and sometimes going off topic. It's not really a thread that needs to be active 24/7, it gets used when needed by the people who want to post here.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

22 hours ago, System51 said:

Yee. We would need more ppl interested in this. Maybe even a channel on the discord would be cool. So ppl could have a proper convo. 

Look at the Automotive thread, it has more posts than some of the subforums, holding a coherent conversation in it is impossible due to scrolling, yet, it doesn't have it's own subforum.

I'd like to see a LGBT channel on the Discord, but I don't have any say on what happens there, so... Good luck. 😛

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

On 8/30/2021 at 3:04 AM, SorryClaire said:

You mean this thread or the forum in general? I genuinly don't see a point of treating trans or gay people any different, so i behave like with every other person.

But i do know one person that has rather extreme opinions about this, sadly it's also a very close friend so i just stay away from that subject when hanging out.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

But i do know one person that has rather extreme opinions about this

In like what way? I can help you to shed light on it.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, SorryClaire said:

In like what way? I can help you to shed light on it.

In the "it's just unnatural" way.

He's a very stubborn person (basically to the point where he keeps his stance after proving him wrong multiple times), so chances are higher that it ends our many years of friendship rather than me making him reconsider his stance.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

it's just unnatural

Ah yeah, the classic strawman argument, even though dysmorphia has been proven to be an actual problem.

4 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

In the "it's just unnatural" way.

while overall the topic or theme here, is that it's not "unnatural". As for transitioning aka trans? there is no real "natural" way to solve it, yet. To both mind and body.

As for the spectrum of topics and labels under this broad community, makes it harder to know which topics one cover or what one actually mean or feel about it.

As out right by the words L G B T, should be nothing wrong with the first thought about each word from what they mean and as a human right.

Spoiler

How we are dealing with the broader aspect of T and onwards can have so many complications (implementation, laws, politics, culture and a lot more), to how it present itself. Were it can further deviate from what you might first have thought about it, from meaning to those few, until it's so broad it can mean "everyone" are under the "transgender" umbrella in one way or another.

not to piss anyone off though.

6 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

while overall the topic or theme here, is that it's not "unnatural". As for transitioning aka trans? there is no real "natural" way to solve it, yet. To both mind and body.

As for the spectrum of topics and labels under this broad community, makes it harder to know which topics one cover or what one actually mean or feel about it.

As out right by the words L G B T, should be nothing wrong with the first thought about each word from what they mean and as a human right.

Reveal hidden contents

How we are dealing with the broader aspect of T and onwards can have so many complications (implementation, laws, politics, culture and a lot more), to how it present itself. Were it can further deviate from what you might first have thought about it, from meaning to those few, until it's so broad it can mean "everyone" are under the "transgender" umbrella in one way or another.

not to piss anyone off though.

His view is more like "there are only 2 biological genders, the ones you're born with" and these are the ones he actually accepts as a gender. That sums it up better than what i previously said.

On 11/9/2021 at 4:48 AM, Falkentyne said:

Why did everyone stop posting for two months? 😞

That just happens with this thread. Sometimes it's pretty active and sometimes it isn't. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

On 11/10/2021 at 2:37 PM, Stahlmann said:

But i do know one person that has rather extreme opinions about this, sadly it's also a very close friend so i just stay away from that subject when hanging out.

I'm on a similar boat, unfortunately. Dude would sometimes rant about stuff related to the lgbt community, feminism, atheism, etc., not knowing that I'm a bi atheist. I'd just sit there quietly until he stops.

Became friends a few years back, before I accepted that I'm bi and before I left religion; had similar views back then, during my edgy years, although not extreme ones considering where I live, but while I was open to change, he just got worse, or more open about it, I don't know.

Shit's tough.

I'm a gay man.  my story is pretty boring, I told each member of my family one by one over the phone on February 3rd 2005.  Every year I celebrate it.  I always take the day off work, except for one year when the job I was working at the time wouldn't give it to me, despite Shaniqua taking her entire birthday week off.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

19 hours ago, BondiBlue said:

That just happens with this thread. Sometimes it's pretty active and sometimes it isn't. 

Just like the Murica Parrot Gang thread,

I hate it when it happens on any thread in the forums.

12 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

I'm on a similar boat, unfortunately. Dude would sometimes rant about stuff related to the lgbt community, feminism, atheism, etc., not knowing that I'm a bi atheist. I'd just sit there quietly until he stops.

Became friends a few years back, before I accepted that I'm bi and before I left religion; had similar views back then, during my edgy years, although not extreme ones considering where I live, but while I was open to change, he just got worse, or more open about it, I don't know.

Shit's tough.

I think that the right way to think about the subject is that: As long as you don't harm anyone - It's fine,

They don't have to like it but at least they have to give you respect - That in my opinion is the best way to achieve tolerance for most kinds of people.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566