GTA V delayed(24th March)! Official specs too.

werto165

why are they delaying the game? I was planning to get it on january, by then I would have my new rig for about two weeks and have my first all-nighter on gta v so I skipped buying the game for ps4 and now I also won't buy it cuz those 60eur are better spent on hardware rather than 2x the same software

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I was just having an argument with about 6 guys on SPUD that this was coming, they claimed R* wouldn't delay it so close to launch.

They've all gone very quiet now :D

It was obvious, 2 weeks before release and nothing, not even a pre order option.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

why not release GTA V now and Online later? -.-

I hate everyone at Rockstar right now!!!

0IOqzgJ.gif

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Was to be expected.

Might as well drop the game entirely, by the time it gets released we will be on gta 10

Hopefully, this will mean a well-optimized port. If this push back helps, it's better in the end.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

That moment when your GPU is mentioned in the recommended specs

And two months. Does. Not. Count as a. "Slight shift".

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

65GB OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope they enable a week for preloading this shit, its going to literally take me more that 3 days to download it at full speeds, also i hope this delivers given the bloody delay for the second time!!!! (technically first but i count the later that ps4 xb1 release as a delay

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

"Our apologies for the slight shift in the date 

Slight shift? That's two more months of having nothing to do!

That's good for the graphics and such, but its not good for us...

Well... Just 2 more months to wait... Fuck...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

All the fucking children in this thread.

It was delayed so you don't get a Ubisoft-tier port job.

That moment when your GPU is mentioned in the recommended specs

And two months. Does. Not. Count as a. "Slight shift".

Yes it does. Do you even know anything about game development?

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Well screw them then. I was already pretty sure I wouldn't buy it because i don't want to put up with their 1.5 year delay bullshit, now it's confirmed. Guys, PLEASE don't buy it. Don't support these bs marketing politics.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It have been delayed like 10 times-.-

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Well that's a kick in the pants. Was looking forward to playing GTA V while I don't have internet for 2 months. At least I'll be able to play it right when I do have internet again!

For a while I wasn't gonna give Rockstar my money. Now I will. This is the game I've been itching to play, but still can't bring myself to buy a console solely for it!

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

The thing is, they had the game ready for 1.5 freaking YEARS. An excellent port only takes about 6 months once the game is ready. The only reason it took that long is that they count on people buying it 2 or 3 times. Once for last generation because children can't wait, one for the current generation and then for pc, because even though people already bought it for crappy hardware they'll want to buy it again for some decent quality, right?

Besides, I'm really curious to see how good the port will be. Because from the recommended requirements I suspect they just took the console version and slapped it on pc as-is, without bothering with higher resolution textures and adding content. If a gtx 480 can max it out, its max just ain't enough.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So annoyed right now my WoW sub runs out on the 24th of Jan it was all going to work out perfect for the 27th release lol i guess i'll resubscribe to WoW for another 2 months and at least have another shot at the love rocket mount from Valentines event before i quit.

Do you think it'll work on AMD Athlon X4 640, Nvidia gt 630 and 4gb ram? I count on low settings, (titanfall runs on low)

Well Rockstar, at least you've made my life a little less expensive, because there's no way I'm not going to pirate the game now. I might buy it on a sale when it goes down to $10 though, if I'm not bored of the game by then. So don't worry, you haven't totally fucked up your chance of getting my purchase.

Yes it does. Do you even know anything about game development?

They couldn't have managed that in the 16 months since it's initial release?

Looks very good  :)

No problem with delay, waiting on graphics card upgraded anyway (come on AMD, show us your cards)

Finally got PS4 Pro

To be clear, the problem here is not that it was delayed by 2 months. The problem is that it has been delayed for 1.5 YEARS! The problem is that they had the audacity to delay it 2 weeks before it's "original" launch date! This made me so angry it inspired me to create the first gif of my life.

gci49.gif

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

The thing is, they had the game ready for 1.5 freaking YEARS. 

Besides, I'm really curious to see how good the port will be. Because from the recommended requirements I suspect they just took the console version and slapped it on pc as-is, without bothering with higher resolution textures and adding content. If a gtx 480 can max it out, its max just ain't enough.

Obviously, they didn't or they wouldn't have delayed it.

Play it in 4K if you want to stress your GPU.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti