GTA V delayed(24th March)! Official specs too.

werto165

Why? It ran great on the 360 and looked awesome too (for 720p).

On PS3 framerate was atrocious , dropping into 20fps very frequently

Not going to bother with a long reply since I'm on my phone, but I don't expect a game to be flawless on release, I expect it to not be total shit. I'm not annoyed just because a game gets delayed for polishing, I'm annoyed that the game is taking as long as it is to get to PC, and this added time pushed me over the edge. Also, if the game needs another two months to finish then it's nowhere near done. That's not something that would suddenly dawn on you. If it wasn't going to be finished then they've had a very long time to amend the release date. The fact that they waited a few days before the 'release' to delay it makes me think that they were getting people hyped up, only to make people give up and buy it on another platform put of impatience before releasing the PC version.

Of couse, I understand your perspective. I agree with it to an extent also. I simply do not condone piracy.

Btw I'm on a phone too :P

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I'll make the comment I've made before:

#PCWaitingRace

And I say that as a majority PC gamer that is fed the fuck up with these delays and the constant waiting we have to go through. Why the fuck wasn't it released on 17th September 2013?

It's obviously going to be a fucking shitty port, because if they were having no issues it would have been released by now.

All I say is, cancel all your pre-orders (you shouldn't be pre-ordering games to begin with), don't buy the game on release, and wait until there is enough information about the game out. Or better yet, torrent it first to make sure it is an acceptable game, then (and only then) pay for it if you are fine with the game and it runs correctly at acceptable performance.

you must be kidding me. I looked at Tech News and didn't see that. 

The screenshot stuff, but I have not seen that date anywhere. 

Looks like a few people hadn't seen the previous posts anyway, so you're not too much of a repost thug ;) 

At least with Bethesda you know you have to wait an eternity for the next game and it will be good and decent.

At least with Bethesda you know you have to wait an eternity for the next game and it will be good and decent.

LMAO, the unofficial patches for Skyrim and its DLCs contains something like 20,000 fixes. It was the exact same story for FO3, FONV & ES Oblivion too.

I can think of plenty of phrases to describe Bethesda's games but "good & decent" doesn't come up.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

LMAO, the unofficial patches for Skyrim and its DLCs contains something like 20,000 fixes. It was the exact same story for FO3, FONV & ES Oblivion too.

I can think of plenty of phrases to describe Bethesda's games but "good & decent" doesn't come up.

You can't no, but I would call you an elitist for that . But that is my opinion

Not really mad about it, but I'll still watch port reports before buying it. The system requirements seem okay, but I'm still gonna be wary about it.

Good thing I didn't preorder it, too.

I have now lost complete interest in this game, while I was hyped about it almost 500 days ago.

GTA V would have launched in the 2-3 days "Holiday" I have off between modules at university. Now i have to endure the next module for another 8 weeks: A 7-day CERN Study trip and PBL style presentations nearly every single day!

On the extremely rare occasions they release some information on the PC version, they hurt the PC gamers for a third time!

You can't no, but I would call you an elitist for that . But that is my opinion

But Bethesda's games aren't good or decent. They are always filled with issues. Thousands and thousands of them.

I will never buy this.

27 jan was already stretching it.

INB4 people who say 'hur better than releasing crap game'

Fuck you and your argument, they had PLENTY of time.

*Puts on pirate eyepatch*

you arrogant, self entitled child

stop acting like R* owes you something. "they had PLENTY of time" to do whatever they wanted, they have no responsibility to do anything, and do you know anything about the technical process that involved converting this game to PC? Probably not, as you're not an R* employee, so perhaps, don't presume they've "had PLENTY of time".

and on your witty reference to piracy, i hope the day after you pirate the game someone breaks into your house and steals everything you own. it might just teach you a lesson about earning something.... 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

Imagine those who preordered it back in September 2014

I did in october :))

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

you arrogant, self entitled child

stop acting like R* owes you something. "they had PLENTY of time" to do whatever they wanted, they have no responsibility to do anything, and do you know anything about the technical process that involved converting this game to PC? Probably not, as you're not an R* employee, so perhaps, don't presume they've "had PLENTY of time".

and on your witty reference to piracy, i hope the day after you pirate the game someone breaks into your house and steals everything you own. it might just teach you a lesson about earning something.... 

Screw you, morally white knight.

They can do however they please, doesn't mean it's good. Go lick some corporation's ass.

Screw you, morally white knight.

They can do however they please, doesn't mean it's good. Go lick some corporation's ass.

today's society is truly shit when im a white knight for condemning theft... 

instead of licking R* ass ill go do something productive while i patiently wait for GTA V, wait for them to finish it you know...

also have you considered that the choice to delay the game, in light of 2014 the year of broken games, may be a good thing.

Also consider the optimisation required for a pc is massive compared to that of a console...  

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

Of couse, I understand your perspective. I agree with it to an extent also. I simply do not condone piracy.

Btw I'm on a phone too :P

I never used to condone piracy either, I just got fed up of the utter contempt that that AAA publishers have for us. Especially PC gamers.

I'll pay for something I think is worth it. I'll even back early access indie games that show promise, because believe me I do want this indystry to thrive. But I don't want it to continue in the state it's in. Hell I did three years of game design in college and decided to not go any further with it because I didn't have what it takes to bring something extraordinary to the industry. :P

I'll make the comment I've made before:

#PCWaitingRace

And I say that as a majority PC gamer that is fed the fuck up with these delays and the constant waiting we have to go through. Why the fuck wasn't it released on 17th September 2013?

It's obviously going to be a fucking shitty port, because if they were having no issues it would have been released by now.

All I say is, cancel all your pre-orders (you shouldn't be pre-ordering games to begin with), don't buy the game on release, and wait until there is enough information about the game out. Or better yet, torrent it first to make sure it is an acceptable game, then (and only then) pay for it if you are fine with the game and it runs correctly at acceptable performance.

these crisps look tasty, but i cant be sure, let me just steal a packet to find out... 

these crisps look tasty, but i cant be sure, let me just steal a packet to find out... 

Don't give me that shitty rhetoric. Downloading a copy of a file (essentially just 1s and 0s) is NOT the same as physically removing an object of property from someone.

Even the law understands this. Theft and unauthorised copying are not the same things.

Don't give me that shitty rhetoric. Downloading a copy of a file of 1s and 0s is NOT the same as physically removing an object of property from someone, thus removing it.

but its not yours to take.... 

but its not yours to take.... 

I'm not taking anything. Also, a file of 1s and 0s doesn't belong to anyone.

I think it's fine and all that they feel that the game needs more polishing so the game isn't released as a buggy mess. I just don't understand why Rockstar keeps putting PC as their last priority. Why didn't they choose not to develop a PC version of the game alongside the previous gen consoles? Idk, maybe I'm just being a selfish brat, but I've been waiting for this game for a long time lol.

I'm not taking anything. Also, a file of 1s and 0s doesn't belong to anyone.

you're too stupid to argue with.... oh well :) enjoy the rest of your evening