GTA V delayed(24th March)! Official specs too.

werto165

you're too stupid to argue with.... oh well :) enjoy the rest of your evening 

How about actually argue what I'm saying instead of spouting "YOU'RE JUST STUPID!"?

Or have you realised your rhetoric holds zero weight here?

Again, even the law agrees with me. Downloading something, and theft, are NOT the same thing.

81b99726e8e23306ce3146ab21441073.531x370

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I think it's fine and all that they feel that the game needs more polishing so the game isn't released as a buggy mess. I just don't understand why Rockstar keeps putting PC as their last priority. Why didn't they choose not to develop a PC version of the game alongside the previous gen consoles? Idk, maybe I'm just being a selfish brat, but I've been waiting for this game for a long time lol.

They did it that way to make sales on consoles, then people will rebuy for PC later on. I'll admit I did that for GTA IV.

How about actually argue what I'm saying instead of spouting "YOU'RE JUST STUPID!"?

Again, even the law agrees with me. Downloading something, and theft, are NOT the same thing.

morally i believe they are, R* put significant resources into the development of this game and i think you should compensate them accordingly. 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

you are very clearly taking something.... how can you not see that... 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

morally i believe they are, R* put significant resources into the development of this game and i think you should compensate them accordingly. 

No, re-read my post.

"Or better yet, torrent it first to make sure it is an acceptable game, then (and only then) pay for it if you are fine with the game and it runs correctly at acceptable performance."

If the game is in an acceptable state, and runs at an acceptable state, then I already said it should be paid for. If, on the other hand, it is not at an acceptable state, and does not does not run at an acceptable state, then no, they don't deserve to be compensated at all. Torrenting the game allows the customer to see whether it does in fact run acceptably or not.

you are very clearly taking something.... how can you not see that... 

Nope. Tell me what I am taking, and where I'm taking it from.

No, re-read my post.

"Or better yet, torrent it first to make sure it is an acceptable game, then (and only then) pay for it if you are fine with the game and it runs correctly at acceptable performance."

If the game is in an acceptable state, and runs at an acceptable state, then I already said it should be paid for. If, on the other hand, it is not at an acceptable state, and does not does not run at an acceptable state, then no, they don't deserve to be compensated at all. Torrenting the game allows the customer to see whether it runs acceptably or not.

yes but by torrenting it you are actively encouraging others to do the same... realistically by only a negligible amount but i still think that there is still responsibility there. The Ideal situation would be the return of game demos but with todays pre-order culture that will never happen.  

yes but by torrenting it you are actively encouraging others to do the same... realistically by only a negligible amount but i still think that there is still responsibility there.

Actively encouraging people to torrent it to see if it's an acceptable product, yes. How is there any issue with this?

The Ideal situation would be the return of game demos but with todays pre-order culture that will never happen.

Cool, could you link me to the Grand Theft Auto V demo download?

I'll wait.

Nope. Tell me what I am taking, and where I'm taking it from.

you are taking the intellectual rights to the game without R* consent.... it may have no effect on R* but have you considered it from the point of view of people who actually pay for their games? do you not see the huge injustice there?  

Actively encouraging people to torrent it to see if it's an acceptable product, yes. How is there any issue with this?

Cool, could you link me to the Grand Theft Auto V demo download?

I'll wait.

because torrenting is wrong.... 

i wish there was one, but even if there was, the game has been delayed so i doubt you could play it now :) 

The hate is strong on this thread, which is ironic considering every game launched last year was a mess. Funny how people rage over a product not yet released that they haven't paid for yet.

Oh wait, it's available on last and current gen consoles. Can't wait? Go play on one of those. Still want PC version? Wait 2 more months.

Either way, my gawd, bunch of whiny, entitled brats on this thread.

That being said, I scheduled my vacation with Jan 27 in mind. Kinda miffed it got delayed, but... I need a break from work anyway. I'll go fife up some steam games I haven't played yet to pass the time... oh look, Alien Iso has a new game mode!

GTAV =/= last game to ever be made. Chill out, have a beer (or cool aid), put on some Barry Manilow and read a book by the fireplace.

Or... keep on blowing some steam here. I know I could use an entertaining read. :)

- Alston

Fuck this im done with life

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

you are taking the intellectual rights to the game without R* consent....

I'm not taking any intellectual rights. By torrenting the game, I don't get any rights.

it may have no effect on R* but have you considered it from the point of view of people who actually pay for their games? do you not see the huge injustice there?

What effect does it have on people who pay for the game?

I'm simply testing whether it's an acceptable product. If it is, I will join them in buying the game. If it isn't acceptable, I have no wish to play it anyway, likely it will just be uninstalled to make room for better games.

I'm not taking any intellectual rights. By torrenting the game, I don't get any rights.

What effect does it have on people who pay for the game?

I'm simply testing whether it's an acceptable product. If it is, I will join them in buying the game. If it isn't acceptable, I have no wish to play it anyway, likely it will just be uninstalled to make room for better games.

no, please pay attention to what i put... by torrenting the game with your clearly honourable intentions you make it easier for others with less than honourable intentions( who will not pay) to do the same. 

no but you have breached their rights, you are taking their ideas and creation ( the game) with out consent or compensation. 

because torrenting is wrong....

No it is not. Torrenting is a method of transferring files of all types from person to person.

no, please pay attention to what i put... by torrenting the game with your clearly honourable intentions you make it easier for others with less than honourable intentions( who will not pay) to do the same. 

no but you have breached their rights, you are taking their ideas and creation ( the game) with out consent or compensation. 

lel me downloading something doesnt make it easier for anyone else. While i agree in general pirating is wrong, its not the same as stealing

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

No it is not. Torrenting is a method of transferring files of all types from person to person.

okay i was wrong, torrenting files protected by copyright is wrong... 

Come on, do you guys remember what happened to unity? if they need to push the date back a little to optimize it really well so be it.

torrenting files protected by copyright is wrong... 

Says who? You?

I'd argue unauthorized copying has many ethical benefits. Such as the one we're discussing: making sure a digital product is in an acceptable state before purchasing said product.

Uh, how?

no but you have breached their rights, you are taking their ideas and creation ( the game)

I'm not taking anything. They still have their ideas, their creations, and their game.

lel me downloading something doesnt make it easier for anyone else. While i agree in general pirating is wrong, its not the same as stealing

by involving your self in the piracy you take responsibility.

if there was no demand to torrent GTA V , there would likely be no one hosting it. by downloading the torrent you are providing demand and ensuring the continued supply. I agree realistically you as one person have no real influence, yet i do think you take some responsibility for the whole thing. 

Says who? You?

I'd argue unauthorized copying has many ethical benefits. Such as the one we're discussing: making sure a digital product is in an acceptable state before purchasing said product.

Uh, how?

I'm not taking anything. They still have their ideas, their creations, and their game.

you have taken access to their ideas... 

@werto165 add the "DVD drive" into requirements, as it is listed on R* website and this GTA might be non-downloadable game.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

by involving your self in the piracy you take responsibility.

if there was no demand to torrent GTA V , there would likely be no one hosting it. by downloading the torrent you are providing demand and ensuring the continued supply. I agree realistically you as one person have no real influence, yet i do think you take some responsibility for the whole thing. 

And there should be a demand, again, for people to see if it's an acceptable product.

you have taken access to their ideas... 

I haven't taken access either, they still have access all the same.

You can keep trying to compare it to removing an object from someone (see: theft) but it's not going to work out.

Says who? You?

yes, in your case it is an ethical benefit, however there are many out there that simply will just pirate the game and that is that... which i view as ethically wrong.