GTA V delayed(24th March)! Official specs too.

werto165

I never used to condone piracy either, I just got fed up of the utter contempt that that AAA publishers have for us. Especially PC gamers.

I'll pay for something I think is worth it. I'll even back early access indie games that show promise, because believe me I do want this indystry to thrive. But I don't want it to continue in the state it's in. Hell I did three years of game design in college and decided to not go any further with it because I didn't have what it takes to bring something extraordinary to the industry. :P

I certainly don't have much to bring to the table either. Just a philosophy based phsycological story with puzzle elements. Im doing this game for fun.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

dude...a day is 24 hours...this is a little over ONE DAY...

pretty much one week

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

yes, in your case it is an ethical benefit, however there are many out there that simply will just pirate the game and that is that... which i view as ethically wrong. 

Well let's look at more benefits:

• Torrenting something someone might already own in order to remove DRM. For example, buying GTAV from Steam legally, but then downloading a DRM-free copy from a torrent site.
  • Torrenting something to reobtain what you already bought but lost access to.
  • Torrenting something to obtain something no longer available to purchase.
  • Torrenting something because they have no access to it (country restrictions, censorship, etc.)

So surely there should be a demand for piracy then? Because you just said that it's wrong and there shouldn't be any demand, and that by me torrenting it (which you now admit I'm doing ethically), I'm wrong and should take responsibility.

Should people who use encryption for legal reasons be responsible for people who use encryption to discuss terrorist attacks?

Should people who use Facebook chat to talk to family and friends be responsible for people who use Facebook chat for cyber bullying?

And there should be a demand, again, for people to see if it's an acceptable product.

I haven't taken access either, they still have access all the same.

You can keep trying to compare it to removing an object from someone (see: theft) but it's not going to work out.

if you pirate a game and play it would you agree you observe R* creation? if yes then you have access to it. let me rephrase, you have gained access, against their consent

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

@werto165 add the "DVD drive" into requirements, as it is listed on R* website and this GTA might be non-downloadable game.

Surely it would go over like 6 DVD's if it were non downloadable(unless it's really compressed) 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Get rekt! How did I just know this was gona happen? :)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

if you pirate a game and play it would you agree you observe R* creation? if yes then you have access to it. let me rephrase, you have gained access, against their consent

I never said I didn't have access, but I never took access. I'm trying to make the point that this is not theft, which was essentially your original claim.

Surely it would go over like 6 DVD's if it were non downloadable(unless it's really compressed)

My guess is there could be 2 double sixe discs and rest would have to be updated online.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Well let's look at more benefits:

• Torrenting something someone might already own in order to remove DRM. For example, buying GTAV from Steam legally, but then downloading a DRM-free copy from a torrent site.
  • Torrenting something to reobtain what you already bought but lost access to.
  • Torrenting something to obtain something no longer available to purchase.
  • Torrenting something because they have no access to it (country restrictions, censorship, etc.)

So surely there should be a demand for piracy then? Because you just said that it's wrong and there shouldn't be any demand, and that by me torrenting it (which you now admit I'm doing ethically), I'm wrong and should take responsibility.

Should people who use encryption for legal reasons be responsible for people who use encryption to discuss terrorism matters?

in these cases i would agree that perhaps piracy is ethically, but i would also add that there is, and should be ways, other than piracy to solve these issues. 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

in these cases i would agree that perhaps piracy is ethically, but i would also add that there is, and should be ways, other than piracy to solve these issues. 

I agree, unfortunately though that isn't the case.

Most of those are pretty easy to solve too from the publishers and developers.

I never said I didn't have access, but I never took access. I'm trying to make the point that this is not theft, which was essentially your original claim.

1. "The actus reus of theft is usually defined as an unauthorized taking, keeping or using of another's property which must be accompanied by a mens rea of dishonesty and/or the intent to permanently deprive the owner or the person with rightful possession of that property or its use." the wiki definition... 
  2. "or using of another's property which must be accompanied by a mens rea of dishonesty" you are certainly using their property, they made the game and they hold all rights to it. And it is dishonest, the have not given you permission to use it. 

I agree, unfortunately though that isn't the case.

Most of those are pretty easy to solve too from the publishers and developers.

yes, it isnt, however this doesn't make piracy as a whole acceptable in my opinion, it rather brings some aspects of it into a ethical grey area. without these issues you mentioned i would whole heartedly condemn piracy 

1. "The actus reus of theft is usually defined as an unauthorized taking, keeping or using of another's property which must be accompanied by a mens rea of dishonesty and/or the intent to permanently deprive the owner or the person with rightful possession of that property or its use." the wiki definition... 
  2. "or using of another's property which must be accompanied by a mens rea of dishonesty" you are certainly using their property, they made the game and they hold all rights to it. And it is dishonest, the have not given you permission to use it. 

1. I'm not permanently, nor temporarily, depriving anyone of anything. Again, downloading something isn't theft.

2. Using a copied file is not using their property. Again, it's a file copy of 1s and 0s. Rockstar does not own the 1s and 0s on my hard drive.

By the way, these aren't official law definitions. Wikipedia definitions are defined and edited by multiple people, some who aren't even experts on the subject or field.

1. I'm not permanently, nor temporarily, depriving anyone of anything. Again, downloading something isn't theft.

2. Using a copied file is not using their property. Again, it's a file copy of 1s and 0s. Rockstar does not own the 1s and 0s on my hard drive.

By the way, these aren't official law definitions. Wikipedia definitions are defined and edited by multiple people, some who aren't even experts on the subject or field.

no but it owns the game you copied, the ideas in it, the story the characters ect .... 

and/or permanent removal ... it isnt just limited to the removal of goods 

i know but i haven't had time to call my lawyer yet... seriously though do you see my argument that by taking a digital copy of a game, without consent, is theft..... im not asking do you agree, im asking do you see where im coming from... 

March? Maybe by that time Telus will offer a faster Internet connection in my area so it won't take me half a week to download 65 GBs of game.

Ya know, if they need extra time, then they need extra time. To quote Miyamoto, a delayed game is eventually good while a rushed game is bad forever. We saw that in action last year, with Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed Unity, Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, among other games. I will not pirate GTA V, if it runs good (which I expect it will), then I'll purchase it legally on Steam. If not, I'll just not get it.

GREAT! i was gonna buy it, but now tpb should be back up and running by march!

I certainly don't have much to bring to the table either. Just a philosophy based phsycological story with puzzle elements. Im doing this game for fun.

Doing it for fun is the best reason to do it. I kinda took the fun out of it with brutal perfectionism, and I know a lot of people throw that term around. Don't think too much into what I said though. very few great games are the result of a single person's talent, so don't undersell yourself.

Defiantly not going to buy it now.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? THEY ARE DELAYING THE GAME TO MAKE SURE IT COMES OUT AS GOOD AS IT CAN BE, TO MAKE SURE IT HAS NO MAJOR BUGS, YET ARE MAD AT THEM FOR IT?

giphy.gif

How about actually argue what I'm saying instead of spouting "YOU'RE JUST STUPID!"?

Or have you realised your rhetoric holds zero weight here?

Again, even the law agrees with me. Downloading something, and theft, are NOT the same thing.

@IdortMasterRace

Really, then please explain this

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

@werto165 add the "DVD drive" into requirements, as it is listed on R* website and this GTA might be non-downloadable game.

Pre order CD Key available on G2A 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

@IdortMasterRace guessing you've never heard of intellectual property?

Also, at this point I highly suspect you're trolling the crap out of @moustacheman . There's no way someone is that ignorant that downloading pirated copies of a game is illegal.

- Alston