GTA V delayed(24th March)! Official specs too.

werto165

Obviously, they didn't or they wouldn't have delayed it.

I just told you WHY they delayed it. It's a money grabbing tactic.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Prove it.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

umm how??

Sure, holding onto an asset for 2 months longer while not accepting any money from pre orders and pissing off the very people your selling to is a sure fire way of grabbing money.

Sheesh man, you need to readjust your tin foil hat before you get anal probed by the little green men.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

i get the feeling this will be a poor release even with the push backs

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Prove it.

...prove the opposite?

Sure, holding onto an asset for 2 months longer while not accepting any money from pre orders and pissing off the very people your selling to is a sure fire way of grabbing money.

Sheesh man, you need to readjust your tin foil hat before you get anal probed by the little green men.

umm how??

I was referring to all the delay there was between the original release and the release for pc, not just this last pushback. The problem is that people are NOT pissed off. Not most of them at least, and they know it. Besides, they already sold millions of copies, twice, to console owners. They held back pc release because they know the vast majority of people would not have bought it for console otherwise, especially for the old generation. This way they caught both the impatient console gamers who didn't want to wait for it to release to this generation AND those who have both a pc and a current gen console who figured they'd buy it and then buy it again 6 months later to get some decent graphical fidelity.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

...prove the opposite?

I was referring to all the delay there was between the original release and the release for pc, not just this last pushback. The problem is that people are NOT pissed off. Not most of them at least, and they know it. Besides, they already sold millions of copies, twice, to console owners. They held back pc release because they know the vast majority of people would not have bought it for console otherwise, especially for the old generation. This way they caught both the impatient console gamers who didn't want to wait for it to release to this generation AND those who have both a pc and a current gen console who figured they'd buy it and then buy it again 6 months later to get some decent graphical fidelity.

umm that doesnt make any sense for this second pc delay though.

...prove the opposite?

Burden of proof is on the one making the accusation.

They're grand theft auto, the biggest video game launch ever.  They made more money in a day than most games see in gross lifetime sales.  They'll sell a billion copies on any platform they release on regardless of whether or not they make people wait between ports.  Your conjecture doesn't make any business or financial sense, and you have no way of actually proving those claims.

They're grand theft auto, the biggest video game launch ever.  They made more money in a day than most games see in gross lifetime sales.  They'll sell a billion copies on any platform they release on regardless of whether or not they make people wait between ports.  Your conjecture doesn't make any business or financial sense, and you have no way of actually proving those claims.

GTA has never come anywhere close to a billion copies ever. Stop talking out of your ass. 

Yes, there is when the PC port is coming out over a year after release and they are still asking for the full price.

What does pricing have to do with time before it comes out... it's new release so it should be full price.

GTA has never come anywhere close to a billion copies ever. Stop talking out of your ass. 

It's called "Hyperbole".  

Defiantly not going to buy it now.

Why not?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

With these delays I really expect this will be very polished game as far as performance goes. As for system requirements - I must say I'm surprised. I will be able to easily downsample from higher resolutions.

Now there are going to be high expectations on this game.

And 65 GB? God's sake that's gonna take me a week to download.

5 mbps down 1 mbps up master race

300 mbps master race. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

we have entered the era where I'm happy a game got delayed, it means it wont be a POS on start, although two months =/= a few extra weeks of testing.

also, 65GB!!? that'll take me a week to download!! (2.8Mb/s down .6Mb/s up)

EDIT: on the up side it's a week from my birthday now, maybe i'll convince someone to buy it for me, although i don't think anyone will. on second thought i don't want to wait the extra week ill buy it anyways.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Here's a wild idea, bear with me, this could get long.

How much shit did EA take over shoddy releases in 2013? Same question about Ubisoft in 2014? You'll so quick to jump on the hate wagon when shoddy products get released, and right?y so, heck I've been seen on the Ubi hate bus more than once.

Maybe R* have decided they want to do things properly, build a proper game with actual PC assets and real improvements over other versions. Maybe they've decided they want to make sure the game actually works before release.

Maybe they've decided they want GTAO to actually work on PC, maybe their having issues getting such a huge infrastructure in place, maybe they know their servers cannot handle the extra stress of PC players, maybe they need to build a new server farm to handle PC players.

You cant have your cake and eat it I'm afraid, if we're (the PC gaming community) gonna criticise devs for releasing shoddy titles we can't then criticise devs for holding titles back when we don't know the circumstances.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Well Rockstar, at least you've made my life a little less expensive, because there's no way I'm not going to pirate the game now. I might buy it on a sale when it goes down to $10 though, if I'm not bored of the game by then. So don't worry, you haven't totally fucked up your chance of getting my purchase.

They couldn't have managed that in the 16 months since it's initial release?

Breaking the law because you don't like that rockstar postponed the game in order to provide a better game? Your logic is flawless. /s

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I explain my "conjecture" 2 posts over yours. Wether you agree or not is up to you. Of course I can't bring them to court or anything since I have no proof. But in a discussion I can hold to what I believe even on the basis of simple observation, if the other hand doesn't have any proof either. Besides, you are accusing me of bullshitting you, not the opposite, so burden of proof lies with you if with anyone, considering you are not rockstar.

umm that doesnt make any sense for this second pc delay though.

It might if they only actually started working on the pc port a couple of months ago and realized it would have taken a bit longer than anticipated. They could have just sat on their asses for a year and a half, only working a bit on the new console port and leaving pc last, as an afterthought, much like what happened with gta iv. Of course I don't work at rockstar or know any employees, so what I say should be taken with a grain of salt. But the main thing that convinced me that it's a marketing move is that in no way should it have taken so long to port it properly. In fact, they should have released it at the same time as the console version, considering the way you properly produce a multiplatform game consists in making the pc version assets first, then downscaling them to console level. You can downscale stuff, not upscale it (not in a way that makes sense anyway).

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Breaking the law because you don't like that rockstar postponed the game in order to provide a better game? Your logic is flawless. /s

Actually my logic is that I've waited far to long for this game already, and this delay pushed me over the edge. I'm more likley to belive this is just another way to get a bit more money from the other versions before they release the PC version. That's why the've released the game the way they have so far.

If you want to belive that Rockstar are polishing the game then go ahead, but I don't beilive it one bit. If they couldn't make a good port in 16 months then they won't do it in another 2.

I explain my "conjecture" 2 posts over yours. Wether you agree or not is up to you. Of course I can't bring them to court or anything since I have no proof. But in a discussion I can hold to what I believe even on the basis of simple observation, if the other hand doesn't have any proof either. Besides, you are accusing me of bullshitting you, not the opposite, so burden of proof lies with you if with anyone, considering you are not rockstar.

Actually your claiming they delayed the pc version to make money, your making the claim so you have to prove it, so anyone can dismiss your argument without evidence. sorry buddy if your gonna bring up burden of proof get it right.

It might if they only actually started working on the pc port a couple of months ago and realized it would have taken a bit longer than anticipated. They could have just sat on their asses for a year and a half, only working a bit on the new console port and leaving pc last, as an afterthought, much like what happened with gta iv. Of course I don't work at rockstar or know any employees, so what I say should be taken with a grain of salt. But the main thing that convinced me that it's a marketing move is that in no way should it have taken so long to port it properly. In fact, they should have released it at the same time as the console version, considering the way you properly produce a multiplatform game consists in making the pc version assets first, then downscaling them to console level. You can downscale stuff, not upscale it (not in a way that makes sense anyway).

were talking about the second delay which has nothing to do with the first. and it most likely isnt a move to make more money now but actually to make the game nicer

Actually my logic is that I've waited far to long for this game already, and this delay pushed me over the edge. I'm more likley to belive this is just another way to get a bit more money from the other versions before they release the PC version. That's why the've released the game the way they have so far.

If you want to belive that Rockstar are polishing the game then go ahead, but I don't beilive it one bit. If they couldn't make a good port in 16 months then they won't do it in another 2.

Well, have you ever developed and/or ported a game? It's not a simple port. They didn't just copy and paste. They added content. I'm sure for the majority of that time period it wasn't all "polishing". Have you seen Unity? The game was in development for roughly three years and still was buggy trash at launch. If you want to believe in these marketing "conspiracies" then go right on ahead. Nonetheless, it never justifies breaking the law. You pirating the game just shows you still want to play the game they worked hard on, but are too inconsiderate to pay money. If you want to play the game, pay for it like everyone else. Otherwise, if you don't want to pay, don't play. You are literally a stain on the PC gaming community.

were talking about the second delay which has nothing to do with the first. and it most likely isnt a move to make more money now but actually to make the game nicer

Might be. Either way my original post here was on why I didn't care, then people answered :)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's called inaccurate information.

It's called stop being a child.

Again with your dumbass posts? What are you, like 10?

it will take you only 29 hours

i have 512 kbps down 512 kbps up 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker