Linus called adblock users scummy

jhen

Am I the only one upset about this insult?

*edit- Linus said he shouldn't have said it and he has been forgiven by all

Was this on the WAN show? Because I missed the latest one.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Yes.

Technically, using AdBlock makes you a dick. You are bypassing the advertisements that provide revenue per view/click to the host because of your own convienence.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Uhh its the same as pirating, thats scummy too lol

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Ehm, as if "scummy" was the worst insult you can get on the internet...

Either way I an't wait for youtube donations to be a thing so I can be rid of ads with a clean conscience.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

No, because you are scum for using adblock. You're taking money out of his pocket because you want to block ads. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

F their services. Joe blow in his moms basement could provide the same content as Linus with an iPhone. Just cause he wants YouTube videos to pay for his house wife kid and life I have get spammed for at least 5 seconds every time I click something on YouTube.

I think it's fine to use it as long as you turn it off for sites like LTT, Tickld, YouTube or anything else where you are supporting people who make the majority of their money from ads.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

F their services. Joe blow in his moms basement could provide the same content as Linus with an iPhone. Just cause he wants YouTube videos to pay for his house wife kid and life I have get spammed for at least 5 seconds every time I click something on YouTube.

I know, Linus is such a scumbag for wanting to support his family and trying to stay alive.

/s

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Dangerous words

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Well then, you're a dick.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

So go somewhere else. Someone with an attitude like that, isn't exactly welcomed around here.

I should be studying.

We've been over this... I made a rant like last week. Like seriously? Fix the way ads get in the way and annoy people and go back to how they were years ago where they were just there. Until then, i'm gonna use adblock. Wanna fix it? Content providers need to go complain to where the ads are coming from.

i use adblock, but i whitelist content creators that i enjoy. this would currently be linus, emma blackery and luke cutforth. other times, they would get so little out of me, that i cant be bothered. on facebook, i aditionally block some parts of it that i cant stand, like the right menu, with all the apps and crap, and the stuff below the birthday notifications...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Right, what I do is that I have adblock on at all times, if I am on a website in which i both like and they are not cocks with slapping ads everywhere then I disable it for that domain.

My website and this website are the only 2 that I currently disable Adblock on.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Aaaand banned

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

This is going to be good

330x182px-LL-7dc6c095_micheal-jackson-ea

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Aaaand banned

I know some mods, he wouldn't get banned for saying any of this. He is just speaking his opinions, although he is acting like a cack while doing so.

Am I the only one upset about this insult?

disable adblock and help give Linus some revenue. You scum. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

i use adblock, but i whitelist content creators that i enjoy. this would currently be linus, emma blackery and luke cutforth. other times, they would get so little out of me, that i cant be bothered. on facebook, i aditionally block some parts of it that i cant stand, like the right menu, with all the apps and crap, and the stuff below the birthday notifications...

Oh lord, I just realised that's Emma Blackery in your profile picture. I feel silly.

I didn't say quality. I said content. They just read verge headlines you don't need sound boards and multiple laptops and mics and 1080p and to force ads down every body's throats while calling those who avoid it scum.

Oh lord, I just realised that's Emma Blackery in your profile picture. I feel silly.

hahahahahahaha i adore her :D and that face is so convenient as a response sometimes

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]