Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Linus called adblock users scummy

Was this on the WAN show? Because I missed the latest one.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Yes.

Technically, using AdBlock makes you a dick. You are bypassing the advertisements that provide revenue per view/click to the host because of your own convienence.

The Main Rig

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X | RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE | Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1.2TB Fusion ioDrive2, 3x1TB HDDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA | Cooling: Reeven Ouranos with Noctua NF-A15 Chromax | Case: Cooler Master NR600 | PSU: NZXT C 750W

Oculus Rift CV1: 2x Sensors

Apple Corner

MacBook Pro (Early 2015, A1502) 13": CPU: Intel Core i5-5257U | RAM: 16GB DDR3-1867 | Storage: 256GB SM0256G SSD | GPU: Intel Iris 6100 | iPhone XS Max 64GB (Space Grey) | Apple Watch Series 2 (42mm) | AirPods (2nd Generation)

Other Assorted Tech

Nintendo Switch (Gray, HAC-001) with modded Joy-Cons (Blue housings and D-Pad) | Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer | PS4 Fat | PS Vita PCH-1000 (Henkaku 3.60 CFW)

Uhh its the same as pirating, thats scummy too lol

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Horses are love, Horses are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Ehm, as if "scummy" was the worst insult you can get on the internet...

Either way I an't wait for youtube donations to be a thing so I can be rid of ads with a clean conscience.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

No, because you are scum for using adblock. You're taking money out of his pocket because you want to block ads. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

F their services. Joe blow in his moms basement could provide the same content as Linus with an iPhone. Just cause he wants YouTube videos to pay for his house wife kid and life I have get spammed for at least 5 seconds every time I click something on YouTube.

I think it's fine to use it as long as you turn it off for sites like LTT, Tickld, YouTube or anything else where you are supporting people who make the majority of their money from ads.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

F their services. Joe blow in his moms basement could provide the same content as Linus with an iPhone. Just cause he wants YouTube videos to pay for his house wife kid and life I have get spammed for at least 5 seconds every time I click something on YouTube.

I know, Linus is such a scumbag for wanting to support his family and trying to stay alive.

/s

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Dangerous words

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Well then, you're a dick.

The Main Rig

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X | RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE | Storage: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1.2TB Fusion ioDrive2, 3x1TB HDDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA | Cooling: Reeven Ouranos with Noctua NF-A15 Chromax | Case: Cooler Master NR600 | PSU: NZXT C 750W

Apple Corner

MacBook Pro (Early 2015, A1502) 13": CPU: Intel Core i5-5257U | RAM: 16GB DDR3-1867 | Storage: 256GB SM0256G SSD | GPU: Intel Iris 6100 | iPhone XS Max 64GB (Space Grey) | Apple Watch Series 2 (42mm) | AirPods (2nd Generation)

Other Assorted Tech

Nintendo Switch (Gray, HAC-001) with modded Joy-Cons (Blue housings and D-Pad) | Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer | PS4 Fat | PS Vita PCH-1000 (Henkaku 3.60 CFW)

So go somewhere else. Someone with an attitude like that, isn't exactly welcomed around here.

I should be studying.

We've been over this... I made a rant like last week. Like seriously? Fix the way ads get in the way and annoy people and go back to how they were years ago where they were just there. Until then, i'm gonna use adblock. Wanna fix it? Content providers need to go complain to where the ads are coming from.

i use adblock, but i whitelist content creators that i enjoy. this would currently be linus, emma blackery and luke cutforth. other times, they would get so little out of me, that i cant be bothered. on facebook, i aditionally block some parts of it that i cant stand, like the right menu, with all the apps and crap, and the stuff below the birthday notifications...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Right, what I do is that I have adblock on at all times, if I am on a website in which i both like and they are not cocks with slapping ads everywhere then I disable it for that domain.

My website and this website are the only 2 that I currently disable Adblock on.

Main Machine:  13inch MacBook Air (2020 Retina), Apple M1 (8 CPU, 7 GPU Core), 258GB SDD, 8GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, MSI Ventus X2 RTX 3070, MSI B450 MoBo, 16GB DDR4, 258GB MVME SSD, 4TB HDD

Other Tech: iPhone 12 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Pro, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear: 2012 MacMini Server, TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, Sky Router, Dell PowerEdge T110 (LTO 4)

Aaaand banned

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

This is going to be good

330x182px-LL-7dc6c095_micheal-jackson-ea

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Aaaand banned

I know some mods, he wouldn't get banned for saying any of this. He is just speaking his opinions, although he is acting like a cack while doing so.

The Main Rig

Apple Corner

Other Assorted Tech

Use adblock, have LTT and other stuff I watch regularly whitelisted, clean conscience for me

Am I the only one upset about this insult?

disable adblock and help give Linus some revenue. You scum. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

i use adblock, but i whitelist content creators that i enjoy. this would currently be linus, emma blackery and luke cutforth. other times, they would get so little out of me, that i cant be bothered. on facebook, i aditionally block some parts of it that i cant stand, like the right menu, with all the apps and crap, and the stuff below the birthday notifications...

Oh lord, I just realised that's Emma Blackery in your profile picture. I feel silly.

I didn't say quality. I said content. They just read verge headlines you don't need sound boards and multiple laptops and mics and 1080p and to force ads down every body's throats while calling those who avoid it scum.