Linus called adblock users scummy

jhen

I don't mind him using the term. But he knows most of his audience uses it. I'm sure he didn't really mean it super seriously. I also don't mind the integrated ads he does in the videos (though the ones in the wan  show are sometimes obnoxious). I don't like the use of google ads because a lot of the time they are not relevant. Nothing gets worse than Hulu ads though. They are never relevant and pressing the "this ad isn't relevant to me" button never helps. At the very least the integrated ads are funny.

Link to said video of Linus??

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

So, what. He's got every right to be mad, it's basically taking away some of his income from YouTube. I use AdBlock, but I disable it for Linus' videos and the forum.

It isn't taking away his income at all. His bank balance doesn't go down when people block ads. He never had the money to begin with.

He also has zero right to be mad. He isn't entitled to people viewing his ads, or ad companies giving him money. But guess what, I have every right to not be subject to forced, unethical advertisement.

It isn't taking away his income at all. His bank balance doesn't go down when people block ads. He never had the money to begin with.

He also has zero right to be mad. He isn't entitled to people viewing his ads, or ad companies giving him money. But guess what, I have every right to not be subject to forced, unethical advertisement.

Sure, you do have the right to block said ads. However when you do block an ad he doesn't get the income that he needs.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

hard to reach back a year to revive this one, eh?

4.3 Thread Necroing

Thread necroing consists of reviving a previously resolved, settled, or "dead" thread after a prolonged period of time by the OP with the intention of bumping the thread to the top of the board. Threads with an activity gap of 1 month or greater that are brought back to the front page is considered "thread necroing". A shorter duration may be considered when dealing with situations like previously resolved threads being reposted or simply for the purpose of bumping it to the front page. Build logs are exempt from this rule.