Linus called adblock users scummy

jhen

F their services. Joe blow in his moms basement could provide the same content as Linus with an iPhone. Just cause he wants YouTube videos to pay for his house wife kid and life I have get spammed for at least 5 seconds every time I click something on YouTube.

Nice work,  create a new account because you are too scared to use your other account to speak your mind about this?  I think so.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I don't think AdBlock would even need to be a thing if sites like YouTube and Crunchyroll weren't obnoxious dicks about where they put said ads.

How do you whitelist? I'd like to whitelist Linus's channels.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

I didn't say quality. I said content. They just read verge headlines you don't need sound boards and multiple laptops and mics and 1080p and to force ads down every body's throats while calling those who avoid it scum.

That's the WAN Show, but Linus makes more original content...

Your argument is more broken than the ideas that back them.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

disable adblock and help give Linus some revenue. You scum. 

When Linus decides to complain to the people supplying ads and get this problem fixed so people stop using ad block instead of calling us scum. Otherwise, if wont do that he and everyone else can stop bitching.

I don't think AdBlock would even need to be a thing if sites like YouTube and Crunchyroll weren't obnoxious dicks about where they put said ads.

How do you whitelist? I'd like to whitelist Linus's channels.

if you have adblocker at all, whitelisting is pretty self explanatory, click the ABP link at the top of chrome and go from there.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Australia's slow internet and low bandwidth caps mean adblock is essential to me.

How the hell do you get slow internet in Maroubra? 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I use AdBlock. I can't wait for long ads to end. I don't want to click on viruses, either.

When Linus decides to complain to the people supplying ads and get this problem fixed so people stop using ad block instead of calling us scum. Otherwise, if wont do that he and everyone else can stop bitching.

Yeah, because the forums has extremely intrusive ads...

/s

He can bitch as much as he wants, as much as other YouTube users can. No matter the delivery platform for the advertisements, someone blocking them and impeding revenue to a channel for their own convienence is shitty. And one person complaining on the method of delivery of ads isn't going to make a world's difference.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Calling his fans scum isn't going to help anything either.

So, this is what it comes to? Calling others scum for scum and telling the poor guy off instead of convincing him or them to donate or white list their channel or forum site? You guys are essentially shooting yourselves in the foot if you care about this place. 

So, this is what it comes to? Calling others scum for scum and telling the poor guy off instead of convincing him or them to donate or white list their channel or forum site? You guys are essentially shooting yourselves in the foot if you care about this place.

Somebody with a brain around here.

if you have adblocker at all, whitelisting is pretty self explanatory, click the ABP link at the top of chrome and go from there.

I whitelisted LTT and TQ, but it doesn't seem like either of them have ads on their videos.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

You should be upset, you depriving people of money that they need to keep such services running

Except that the money made from advertising on websites is nowhere near enough to pay the costs of running a server. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Yeah, because the forums has extremely intrusive ads...

/s

He can bitch as much as he wants, as much as other YouTube users can. No matter the delivery platform for the advertisements, someone blocking them and impeding revenue to a channel for their own convienence is shitty. And one person complaining on the method of delivery of ads isn't going to make a world's difference.

Wouldn't know, I block ads.

And no if he wants to bitch, don't bitch to us. Bitch to what's causing the problem. We're only finding our own solution to the problem. If he, and all these other content creators (who are really the ones youtube and other places should listen to about this, especially if a bunch do it) want the problem fixed they need to complain about it to youtube and wherever else. So yea. You wanna fix a problem, you go to the source of the problem. You don't try to patch up small areas that will only temporarily hold, that's being lazy and prolonging the problem.

I can't believe you people are that dumb.

Calling his fans scum isn't going to help anything either.

Now that is something I can agree with you on, fans is what helps bring in the money, it is also the reason why sponsorship happens, in which you should no mater what, even if it pisses you off, to not show a little frustration towards some of your fans for using adblock and bite your tongue. Because what makes you can also break you too.

I'm not on either side of the fence on this one, but I do see your point on that post.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

F their services. Joe blow in his moms basement could provide the same content as Linus with an iPhone. Just cause he wants YouTube videos to pay for his house wife kid and life I have get spammed for at least 5 seconds every time I click something on YouTube.

Uhm, what?

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

Somebody with a brain around here.

There's two sides to every story. Honestly, with they way they reacted I wouldn't be surprised if you left and others will too with a look at what happened here. Granted not everyone acted the same way but I'm surprised,

Wouldn't know, I block ads.

And no if he wants to bitch, don't bitch to us. Bitch to what's causing the problem. We're only finding our own solution to the problem. If he, and all these other content creators (who are really the ones youtube and other places should listen to about this, especially if a bunch do it) want the problem fixed they need to complain about it to youtube and wherever else. So yea. You wanna fix a problem, you go to the source of the problem. You don't try to patch up small areas that will only temporarily hold, that's being lazy and prolonging the problem.

I can't believe you people are that dumb.

Calling people dumb because they feel a specific way about a situation is well... dumb.

Now, when you're done callling names (as I was before), we can get through this.

I don't disagree, he needs to go to the source, but not everyone will do this. Do you think YouTube is going to revamp their shitty, intrusive advertising system for six, maybe seven tech YouTubers? It is garbage, but no one is complaining at the right thing.

Somehow feel like you missed the point, the ads are hardly intrusive, anyone who uses adblock on the forums is just taking it too far for no good reason other than selfish idealism.   We live in a capitalist society and bills have to be paid,  what do you think will happen to the basement youtuber with his iphone when his mum stops paying the bills?   He'll need to pay his own power bill and rent, were will the money come from? not from ads because greedy content consumers a preventing that from happening so he goes to work and stops creating content.  

Besides, jhen should use his regular account and stop hiding behind this one, If he seriously believes what he's saying is correct that is.  

This is my first time here ever I don't have any other account. I w seriously upset about being called scummy I turned off the wan show and here I am.

i like you

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

This is my first time here ever I don't have any other account. I w seriously upset about being called scummy I turned off the wan show and here I am.

so you created an account solely to complain about someone who gives you free tech advice, free entertainment and free product reviews because he is pissed that people are circumventing on of his income streams?  I don't think so, and if it is true, then try to be a part of the community and help a few people out before making your first ever post a bitch fest about such a non-event.