Xbox Series X

The1Dickens

Looks like a mini air purifier. Very interested to know what's under the hood. Glad that its consumer friendly with its backwards compatibility. I still personally have no reason to own an Xbox, but looks good so far for those who will grab it. Hope the PS5 design isn't a disaster or I really may go full PC, lol

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

Like the continued emphasis on backwards compatability, not sure on the design though. Still early days and I'd need to see it in another context or even in person to fully make my mind on it.

51 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Yep. I would've much preferred the typical flat and "deep" approach. I have my PS4 Pro on top of a cubby nicely underneath my desk. No way this thing is fitting there.

Also, with the top being oddly concave, just seems like it could've been that much shorter.

Same. Looking at that image, It looks like its 3 xbox controllers tall, 1 xbox controller in length and width?... Or about the size of the subwooffer that comes with a soundbar?
Or about the height of an Xbox One on it's side.

My question: Where are you supposed to put this thing? Most of the TV cabinets ive ever seen expect long devices vs tall ones...

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One X

Xbox 10

You forgot Xbox One S

4 hours ago, The1Dickens said:

level of performance never before seen in a console.

I sure hope so xD every generation some company makes this statement. It would be a shame if they announced a next gen that is less powerfull then a previous one.

Something tells me by the design that this is going to be a "gaming PC" competitor.  Since Microsoft is apparently releasing several Xbox models next gen.  

This one will be the "high end" one and will compete with PCs, where they might have a more traditional console that competes with the PS5.

Just my guess though.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

I've always been more of a PS person than XB but I do like this design more than what's been shown so far for the PS5. Can't really go wrong with a black box.

However, software will be key. I only got the PS4 late on in its life just for FFXV, later adding PSVR. There's nothing on Xbox side I want that I can't get elsewhere... I had a 360 for Kinect but sadly that's not a thing any more. I think Kinect + VR would be a powerful combo as you could get full body tracking. Missed opportunity there. To check, MS' position on console VR is basically "nope" right? Think I saw something in the news about it recently.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Ugly AF and they seem to have no confidence in this product at all since they just can't seem to find a good name for it. The names are all over the place.

Also the xbox logo won't turn when you lay it flat. So it is completely designed with putting it upright and adding the possibility of laying it flat later. Meaning the cooling is probably worse when laying it flat. Combine that with ppl putting it in tv cabinets and i see overheating problems in the future. So wait for rev2 on this thing if you plan to do that.

1 hour ago, porina said:

I do like this design more than what's been shown so far for the PS5.

Well that's easy since nothing has been shown of the PS5 so far. All we've seen is the devkit and that looks nothing like the final product... as usual. Or did i miss some leak of the final look of it?

never liked the xbox, but this thing is the worst of all. Holy balls that name......

I have no signature

23 minutes ago, Helly said:

Well that's easy since nothing has been shown of the PS5 so far. All we've seen is the devkit and that looks nothing like the final product... as usual. Or did i miss some leak of the final look of it?

Was that a devkit? I've not followed that closely. All I know is, I didn't like the looks of it. I probably should have added the word "rumour" in there somewhere.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Am I the only one expecting it to come out and people to realize the games aren't running at true 4k?

I don't see how that would be possible for a $600-$500 machine (assuming that's the price) with AMD graphics. If that were true, why the hell hasn't AMD dropped a GPU for less than that price, that can demolish Nvidia's graphics card?

I'm calling bullshit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

9 hours ago, The1Dickens said:

virtually eliminate load times

Complete BS marketing as usual.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

28 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Am I the only one expecting it to come out and people to realize the games aren't running at true 4k?

I don't see how that would be possible for a $600-$500 machine (assuming that's the price) with AMD graphics. If that were true, why the hell hasn't AMD dropped a GPU for less than that price, that can demolish Nvidia's graphics card?

I'm calling bullshit.

The current Xbox one X already has some games that run at true 4k. Why should a more powerful console not be able to do that anymore?

12 minutes ago, Medicate said:

The current Xbox one X already has some games that run at true 4k. Why should a more powerful console not be able to do that anymore?

Different expectations of what 4k means. A hypothetical Pong running at 4k is going to be very different from a modern AAA title running at 4k60 without upscaling tricks. So look at it more in the sense of a quality expectation rather than run at 4k at all.

12 hours ago, The1Dickens said:

Project Scarlett has a face, and an official name.

Xbox Series X

Everyone else: "We should name our products 1, 2, 3, A, B, C, etc..."

Microsoft [Gaming/console division]: XXXXXxXxxXxXXXXxXXxxXXXXx

11 hours ago, SlimyPython said:

thanks, though this doesnt look bold and unique.Image result for xbox series x release dateI very much agree with the ability to place it horizontal and vertical, but of course, its a freakin rectangular prism

It looks exactly like my PC which was a fortress mini till I squeezed it in an old radio:

1831422-b.jpg.33f3f6f2b0b81352bc94d8f37046dc41.jpg

Reminds me of the Gigabyte Brix a bit. I also think the Xbox One X is capable or running some AAA games at 4K 30 but they are few and far between i think they are usually around 1440 and up scaled.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Hm well, lives up to it's box name I guess. Didn't expect it they'd go with a tower design.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

So they are finally ditching form factor and design for actual performance.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Nvidia RTX 3090 FE - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Samsung 980 Pro 250GB NVMe m.2 PCIE 4.0 - 970 Evo 1TB NVMe m.2 - T5 500GB External SSD - Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi 6) - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm - 3 x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition - 3 x 120mm Corsair ML120 - Corsair RM850X - Corsair Carbide 275R - Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440p 165hz G-Sync - Logitech G513 Linear - Logitech G502 Lightsync Wireless - Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless

4 minutes ago, Reytime said:

So they are finally ditching form factor and design for actual performance.

As said, can work (some designs like it do). But no idea. If their design and engineering is as good as the name/marketing... I'd not hold my breath.

I own most of the consoles, but I rarely touch them. The kids do, but I don't. That being said Microsoft has been moving more and more towards cross play and support of xbox titles on PC. I think we are getting close to the point that the games on xbox and pc will use the same code since they both run a version of windows 10 now.

I think THAT is their best move over the other consoles. Having full integration between pc and xbox. The only major difference was mouse/kb support, but even that has changed.

11 hours ago, Sypran said:

Same. Looking at that image, It looks like its 3 xbox controllers tall, 1 xbox controller in length and width?... Or about the size of the subwooffer that comes with a soundbar?
Or about the height of an Xbox One on it's side.

My question: Where are you supposed to put this thing? Most of the TV cabinets ive ever seen expect long devices vs tall ones...

Well, given you can lay it flat, it seems like it's about the same size as a standard AVR, but then you need multiple shelves or a really wide cabinet. There's a possibility the controller is shrunk to show off the cube, but, considering it's literally just a rectangular prism I don't know why that's the case. I'd need actual dimensions. But it's definitely a stupid shape.

6 hours ago, huilun02 said:

It finally lives up to its name.

That I'll give it.

Personally I'll be sticking to the platform that allows me to source my content from an open free market. Thank you very much.

...the original Xbox lived up to it's name...

...and how are console games not an open free market, compared to publisher exclusivity and the vast majority of games being available only on Steam?

5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

If you read the marketing material carefully, you realize they are just advertising the product's ability to send a 4k signal to the display. Nowhere do they explicitly state that it will be capable of rendering the games you play at true 4k.

This is what marketing does. Overselling products by misleading customers. And wording everything in a careful, cunning way so that they can't get sued.

To be fair, if literally any game can run at full 4k they can market it as playing games in full 4k.

5 hours ago, porina said:

Different expectations of what 4k means. A hypothetical Pong running at 4k is going to be very different from a modern AAA title running at 4k60 without upscaling tricks. So look at it more in the sense of a quality expectation rather than run at 4k at all.

Forza Horizon 4 runs in full 4k, but 30. You added the 60 stipulation yourself. Could be wrong, but I think BFV also runs 4k. Forza Motorsport 7 runs 4k60.

#Muricaparrotgang