LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

47 minutes ago, catawalks said:

@leadeater I'm gonna need you to slow down on the points production, I was getting comfortable in my spot on the daily production leaderboard. Or is it the leadeaterboard?

It won't last at what it's at right now, just wanted to crack 10m PPD pure CPU ?

5 hours ago, mattheginger said:

354365346.png.1cb1e66f58f98a6f6f61a0a47a0dc3d4.png

@shaz2sxy, I intend to claw your imminent points lead back off you at some time in the future... ?

Putin80.png.a3ff53f272661f23cd37e02197b0e99b.png

Image result for you can try gif

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

Hey guys I forgot to sign up for the folding event. Other than when I was moving a few months ago, I’ve been folding non-stop 24/7 for LTT Since October 2015. I was in the top 20 for two years straight and I’m still in the top 25 is there a way I can get in? Or is it actually over already? I kinda like to get the badges at least.

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

8 hours ago, Gorgon said:

BAM! - well someone named mackerel made over 346 million points yesterday

That's someone else. I've got around 580k points since joining the other challenge. I can't figure out the site, but I'm mostly listed under UK and LTT team, apart form primegrid where I'm in Aggie The Pew.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Now finally the first morning in what feels like an eternity where I didn't wake up just to see some of my GPUs sitting idle. Thank you, F@H.

And seeing that noone here has mentioned it for a while now, I assume the download bug is resolved for you guys too?

I wanted to try enabling CPU folding on one of my PCs to give me some more PPD, but the CPU, an AMD Ryzen 5 2600, hovers around 90 degrees using the stock Wraith Stealth cooler, and this is despite the case fan controller being maxed out. While 90 degrees isn't necessarily a dangerous temperature, it does mean more noise and possibly less performance. So, I'm thinking I'll buy an air cooler. I'm going to be upgrading this PC, anyway, so it isn't like I'm just buying this just for folding.

17 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

I wanted to try enabling CPU folding on one of my PCs to give me some more PPD, but the CPU, an AMD Ryzen 5 2600, hovers around 90 degrees using the stock Wraith Stealth cooler, and this is despite the case fan controller being maxed out. While 90 degrees isn't necessarily a dangerous temperature, it does mean more noise and possibly less performance. So, I'm thinking I'll buy an air cooler. I'm going to be upgrading this PC, anyway, so it isn't like I'm just buying this just for folding.

most of us arent using CPU for folding, the returns arent worth the heat/noise

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

1 hour ago, shaz2sxy said:

Speak for yourself, for folding month it's all hands on deck. I even looked at using my router which sports an atom chip lol

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 hours ago, Yggdrasil128 said:

Now finally the first morning in what feels like an eternity where I didn't wake up just to see some of my GPUs sitting idle. Thank you, F@H.

And seeing that noone here has mentioned it for a while now, I assume the download bug is resolved for you guys too?

i certainly hope it has. i haven't had any stuck downloads in a good while.

still tough, if they could get rid of the 14180 WU's aswell that would be great! or atleast make them give out a bit more PPD.

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Speak for yourself, for folding month it's all hands on deck. I even looked at using my router which sports an atom chip lol

in my small formfactor build using my 1950X to fold puts so much heat into the waterloop that both my GPU's start to throttle a little bit..

Nvidia, please explain why Pascal cards start thermal throttling at 60C!?

BOOMM!!!!!

image.png.5f5e6c0592f541cc55568e1c07b4b17f.png

half billion in 24 hours, way to go guys!!!!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

in my small formfactor build using my 1950X to fold puts so much heat into the waterloop that both my GPU's start to throttle a little bit..

Because....

The more you buy.... The more you save....

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, shaz2sxy said:

Someone forgot to tell @leadeater that

Look at those CPU's go!
image.png.48921b2c230276ce32f496808a7a3b88.png

7 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

BOOMM!!!!!

image.png.5f5e6c0592f541cc55568e1c07b4b17f.png

half billion in 25 hours, way to go guys!!!!

We also just hit 5 Billion points for the month of October so far! That's crazy since we're only 12 days in to the event and considering last years Folding@Home event was about 6.5B Points for the entire month.

image.png.6cea4ab196cc5cf17dfad18191c8847d.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

56 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Someone forgot to tell @leadeater that

Look at those CPU's go!
image.png.48921b2c230276ce32f496808a7a3b88.png

yeah he has like loads of CPUs for that

but for us mere mortals its not effective

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

25 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

those PPD numbers on just CPU's, damn! what would the power consumption be like tho?

@leadeater How much power are those socket 775 Pentium CPU's you're using sucking up?

1 minute ago, shaz2sxy said:

but for us mere mortals its not effective

I'd still be curious how effective a 3950X would be at CPU folding when it comes out. Or new Threadripper. If you could get ~300K PPD from it then it could be worth it just to supplement the GPUs.
(*I wouldn't recommend anyone buy one just for Folding since you'd likely be better off spending that money on another GPU instead, but if you already had the CPU anyway then it could probably be quite effective)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

@leadeater How much power are those socket 775 Pentium CPU's you're using sucking up?

I'd still be curious how effective a 3950X would be at CPU folding when it comes out. Or new Threadripper. If you could get ~300K PPD from it then it could be worth it just to supplement the GPUs.
(*I wouldn't recommend anyone buy one just for Folding since you'd likely be better off spending that money on another GPU instead, but if you already had the CPU anyway then it could probably be quite effective)

I know what you mean, i know for my case my 7700k was giveing around 80k PPD i think.

and for the temps and power used it wasnt effective(if thats the right word to use)

newer cores should be a lot better

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

2 hours ago, shaz2sxy said:

I'm only using 31 servers and around 15KW-20KW of power, surely everyone can do that ?

Could also add maybe another 9 muahaha

37 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

those PPD numbers on just CPU's, damn! what would the power consumption be like tho?

Image result for way too high meme

16 minutes ago, shaz2sxy said:

I know what you mean, i know for my case my 7700k was giveing around 80k PPD i think.

Current CPUs really aren't actually that bad. The rather low end Xeon Silver 5118 systems I'm using do about 450k PPD at 400W total system power with 12 HDDs. Power efficiency is getting way better now but the cost is terrible, super terrible. For the cost of the 6 severs of this spec you could fill a bath with GPUs and swim in them, or fold.

Edit:

I think older E7-8890v4 do roughly 500k PPD (maybe a bit more) at 225W, newer Skylake-SP and Cascade Lake-SP will do better. What I'll do after the event is just run a single server to see what it actually do, I don't trust the PPD est the client gives me so my numbers could be way wrong. Average over all the server I'm using (which spans heaps of generations) is 320k PPD.

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

60C? My 1080 Ti throttles and makes first speedstep down at 47C(never experienced second as max temperature I ever had on my 1080 Ti was 57C). And 1070 makes it's first speedstep down at 55C...

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

12 minutes ago, leadeater said:

775? Did I just time travel back the the start of the millennium? lol

Hey now, I have my dual 1366 socket folding and it replaced 775.  Starting to make me feel old.  

Too bad my Socket 5 won't fold...

16661070215_2e0d03ee25_b.jpg

(not my image)

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

My threadripper 1950x can do 300k at 4GHz all core.