Vitamins

oskar23

I did little bit of research and wanted to get vitamins A, k2mk7, b complex, d3 etc but this is insane how many are out  there  by different brands and yet all of them are made out  of something  else. Im going through reviews and its all mixed  saying that i will get cancer, dosages are too high, some of brands used to make good vitamins and now there are clear differences with new products for worse  etc. How on earth not to get lost in all of that? Living here in united states i dont believe  in vegetables or fruits. Seeing carrots bigger than cucumbers or strawberries with size of apples it doesnt make me feel safe eating it and getting  nutritions/vitamins from it. This GMO is insane. I would like to stay healthy and provide  some basic  daily dose of vitamins but how? 

Talk to your doctor is the best advice when it comes to doing a vitamin regimen. They can give you the specifics of what they think you need based on blood work and give you the proper recommended dosage of how much you should take. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

-snip-

Edited by Juniiii
im high and im saying dumb stuff

I dont  want to sound weird but i don't  believe  what they recommend.  Their knowledge is based on what they learn  these  days  when big pharma  has their hands on everything. Real knowledge from 80s before big pharma is forgotten. If i tell someone  that you can fight depression, cancer or mood swings with high dosage of vit d3 who is gonna believe that. Someone will say package of vit says u have to take 5000IU daily and taking  1.000.000IU for cancer is stupid or 50.000 daily for mood and energy  levels  improvement. Where is this knowledge from 80s in these days? Does even anyone ever heard about  it? Yeah these days we have chemotherapy and other drugs... but we really can cure a lot with right dosages from vitamins that doctors wont recommend due to  lack of knowledge. this is just what i believe in. nobody needs to agree. All i want to know is how to chose brands. I will get dosages myself based on old books. 

39 minutes ago, okar said:

saying that i will get cancer, dosages are too high,

take a closer to the dose that they claim causing cancer, like 200 kg per day etc..

4 minutes ago, okar said:

I dont  want to sound weird but i don't  believe  what they recommend.  Their knowledge is based on what they learn  these  days  when big pharma  has their hands on everything. Real knowledge from 80s before big pharma is forgotten. If i tell someone  that you can fight depression, cancer or mood swings with high dosage of vit d3 who is gonna believe that. Someone will say package of vit says u have to take 5000IU daily and taking  1.000.000IU for cancer is stupid or 50.000 daily for mood and energy  levels  improvement. Where is this knowledge from 80s in these days? Does even anyone ever heard about  it? Yeah these days we have chemotherapy and other drugs... but we really can cure a lot with right dosages from vitamins that doctors wont recommend due to  lack of knowledge. this is just what i believe in. nobody needs to agree. All i want to know is how to chose brands. I will get dosages myself based on old books. 

well if you're not going to respect and trust the opinion of a trained medical professional... how are you going to trust the advice or opinion of a random person on the internet?? Seems like backwards logic. Regardless, none of us are trained and offering advice on medical things such as vitamins and supplements would be ill advised. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

14 minutes ago, okar said:

but we really can cure a lot with right dosages from vitamins that doctors wont recommend due to  lack of knowledge.

This must be the dumbest thing I've read today, it trumps every other stupid thing you said, congratulations.

Yeah i listened 3 different doctors about my back pain for 8 years. You know what i got from them? High dosage of pain killers ( naproxen) that was making me sh*t. This and other drugs. They were taking xrays and nobody saw a problem. Recently after so many years i was on YouTube  and came across chiropractic videos. For some reason i went to ^specific chiropractic ^on YouTube  and this guy fixed me in 15 mins!!!!! Nobody ever introduced  me to it by doctors. I dont believe them.  I dont have to. I recommend opening eyes and mind a little and finding  truth ourselves. I know  someone  that was cured from cancer with vit d3 and tell me which doctor would recommend  it rather than chemo, radiation or whatever  they do this days.

13 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

This must be the dumbest thing I've read today, it trumps every other stupid thing you said, congratulations.

Well. Dont expect you to like anything  i said. Dont care at all. Just leave and have a good day.

Lets  just go back to finding  brands, shall we?

Just now, okar said:

Well. Dont expect you to like anything  i said. Dont care at all. Just leave and have a good day.

That's what I wanted to do, cheers.

1 hour ago, okar said:

This GMO is insane. I would like to stay healthy and provide  some basic  daily dose of vitamins but how? 

eat normally and if the doctor suggest you need suplements, then take that person`s advice. 

normal people ususally dont need supplements. 

9 minutes ago, okar said:

I know  someone  that was cured from cancer with vit d3 and tell me which doctor would recommend  it rather than chemo, radiation or whatever  they do this days.

great for that person, but keep in mind if it was an actual solution it would be used in the field of medicine. there is a larger chance it was a type of cancer that simply stopped growing at a certain point. 

If you don't want to trust doctors, then you'd better just eat your vegetables like the food pyramid tells you to do. 

Jeez. You can't just recommend brands without looking at the requirements; how many concentration do you need, how frequently you need it and how many dosage. It's like getting people to do your laundry but not telling them how many detergents is needed. Like, are we suppose to guess what brand is specifically made for you?

I'm greatly above potato, but I'm getting there...

Midrange Potato LVL 60:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 with Snowman MT-6 Dual Fans (CPU @ 3.8 GHz - 4.375 GHz to 4.5 GHz @ 1.1V - 1.35V),

MOBO: MSI B550-A Pro
GPU: Asrock RX 5600 XT Phantom Gaming D3 (1820MHz core @930mV)

RAM: TeamGroup T-Force Delta DDR4 Gaming 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz 16-17-17-37-58 @ 1.35V,

HARD DRIVE: WD 1TB Blue 
SSD: Toshiba XG5 Series NVMe 512GB (KXG50GVN512G) & Crucial MX500 1TB

CASE: DeepCool Kendomen Titanium case
PSU: Corsair RM-750 (2019) 80+ Gold

Display: Asus VP249QGR via HDMI (144Hz)

Keyboard: Generic PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse: Generic Honeycomb 250Hz Mouse
Speakers: Generic Headset

And yes, there are now fans. 5 Arctic P12 PST's

Userbenchmark Run: 
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25234338 I don't trust that site anymore

34 minutes ago, okar said:

doctors wont recommend due to  lack of knowledge.

there is a reason for this. most solutions are explored to find cures for various sicknesses. if its to be a placebo, then its disregarded. if its ineherently more dangerous than the cancer, then its disregarded. 

iirc every vitamin has been looked into for the possibility of an acting agent for use in medicin. 

1 hour ago, okar said:

Seeing carrots bigger than cucumbers or strawberries with size of apples it doesnt make me feel safe eating it and getting  nutritions/vitamins from it. This GMO is insane.

you know that these things werent genetically modified, they were bred to this point. this also involves practically all food and plants. and they are just the same plants, but provide more food per plant. selective breeding at its finest

18 minutes ago, okar said:

its acting agents. there are no good brands, only the effect of placebo. 

and effect even documented with the use of painkillers where branded ones provided a more powerful effect. for painkilling that is, where psycological factors are actually quite usefull. 

35 minutes ago, okar said:

Real knowledge from 80s before big pharma is forgotten.

I am gonna be that guy. Obviously you have an in depth knowledge from that real and old knowledge to be making such statements. Just to be clear, real pharma has been proven to pay doctors yada yada yada, but they don't have anything with the education of doctors. The current knowledge is the same as the old, real knowledge as you call it (obviously with changed facts with newer discoveries). Source: not personally, but some of my closest friends are recent med grad students, as well as few very close family friends being long time doctors and chiefs of departments (in otolaryngology and pulmonology for example, not sure about the correct terms). And you come to a tech forum to ask for supplements. As if we are gonna know better. Even people here who may actually know about that are less qualified than any doctor out there.

1 hour ago, okar said:

I would like to stay healthy and provide  some basic  daily dose of vitamins but how? 

Go to small markets, where small farms sell stuff, and hand pick ingredients. If that is not possible due to location, you will have to buy from big stores. Mix a lot of vegetables, different types of meat, look up recipes, learn what to avoid and what not to avoid (I occasionally use Fit Men Cook for ideas about recipes), and just cook. You shouldn't need need vitamins even with GMO food. If you really wanna go the vitamin route, I can suggest Bayer's Supradyn (oh my god, Bayer's? Yes). I have heard a lot of recommendations from trustworthy top doctors and even (in extreme cases) from few personal trainers. Few of my family members have used it as well as I did after mononucleosis, it was ok, worked as intended.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

40 minutes ago, okar said:

Yeah i listened 3 different doctors about my back pain for 8 years. You know what i got from them? High dosage of pain killers ( naproxen) that was making me sh*t. This and other drugs. They were taking xrays and nobody saw a problem. Recently after so many years i was on YouTube  and came across chiropractic videos. For some reason i went to ^specific chiropractic ^on YouTube  and this guy fixed me in 15 mins!!!!! Nobody ever introduced  me to it by doctors

in other words. your doctor didnt do the right thing of reffering you to an actual chiropractor. 

doctors reffer people all the time to them so idk why you never got a recommendation. i can understand where your misstrust comes from. sad to hear you had a bad experience. 

This is not an easily answered question and as everyone here has said, only professionals can give dependable medical advice. That being said, I can tell you that I know some pharmacists very well and they tell me that a well-balanced diet is more effective than most of the vitamin supplements you can get. There are ways to detect possible deficiencies which can then be professionally tackled.

I also understand that you have had some bad experience with some doctors. As in every profession, you will find a broad spectrum of people there, so I would recommend trying to find a qualified doctor whom you find reasonable and can trust do to the right thing. Not every doctor favours the same type of approach and the most expensive doctors aren't necessarily the best ones.

If you’re concerned about vitamins just take a multi-vitamin from a highly recommended brand and leave it at that. Eat nice, clean healthy food regularly and 5 or more fruit and veg per day. Don’t worry about GMO foods, they cant affect you in any way.

[EDIT]
If you’re worried about GMO food, ask yourself if you have eaten any yellow corn, it’s not actually yellow. The wild-type for corn is red due to anthocyanins. 

2 hours ago, okar said:

I know  someone  that was cured from cancer with vit d3 and tell me which doctor would recommend  it rather than chemo, radiation or whatever  they do this days.

No you don't, you know someone who either: A. never had cancer, B. was in a extremely rare category of people who go into remission without treatment or C. are lying.

The only doctor who recommends vitamins over proper evidenced based treatments is a witch doctor. 

Doctors are not allowed to recommend treatments that have no evidence supporting them.  They know radiation and chemo are harsh and don't always work, but they also know they work better than nothing and to date they work better than vitamins where the only information is random websites (that coincidentally sell it) and asking on forums.

EDIT: and just to add, if vitamin d3 cured cancer by itself,  there would be a repeatable study published somewhere showing the effect rate and doctors would be recommending it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

11 minutes ago, mr moose said:

EDIT: and just to add, if vitamin d3 cured cancer by itself,  there would be a repeatable study published somewhere showing the effect rate and doctors would be recommending it.

Some people often forget, or don’t know that the body does actively destroy malignant cells by itself, the immune system does recognise these cells. CTLs and NK cells recognise tumour cells and destroy them. It happens more than you think, and therapies, like CAR T-cell therapy can clear (not really) cancer very readily by making use of your own immune system response.

[EDIT]
for people wondering why then we need chemo, radiation and gene therapies - malignancies actively persist by evading the immune system, and are constantly evolving - think like a trypanosome.

To be honest, I don't see the sense in taking vitamins at all.

If you live a healthy live, are exposed to sun and eat what your body needs, there is no real benefit.

Thousands of years ago we didn't have vitamins either. Our bodies are able to be healthy without all those nutritional supplements.

Actually I would go even further. There are many people on this planet with special eating diseases who only eat for example Beef or Bread or something else for their whole life. When being medically examined it turns out lots of those people don't have any shortages in their body at all.That is, because their bodies have actually adapted to the situation. 

Clearly I would not state that everybody could just switch to only eat one food - your body isn't adapted to that. But it shows, how we often over-engineer our own health.

We often underestimate our own immune system too. Today many people take antibiotics because they have a cold, while in many cases (tho of course not all) it would be better to just let their own immune system handle it, so that it ends up stronger.

And no, I'm not an anti-vaccine one. But I do think that in these days we have way too low of a trust in our own bodies and often times overreact.

Regards

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

eat normally

thats the best option, just balance your diet for now, make sure you get all the nutrients, and if you still think you need supplements  visit a doctor and tell them what is wrong

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy