Arkham Knight back on sale, WB/Rocksteady recommend Windows 10 users have minimum 12GBs of RAM to play smoothly

Master Disaster
Hi everyone,

With the game now available for sale, I wanted to provide a status update since the release of the September patch. 

As we confirmed earlier today, the PC version of the game now supports all add-on content that has been released thus far for console. The configurations for this content are being updated now and we expect everything to be available in the next few hours. We’ll confirm when this process is completed. 

We are still working with our GPU partners to add full support for SLI and Crossfire. In addition, we are working with these partners to address stability issues on certain cards related to the latest drivers. 

After extensive testing, a hard drive paging issue with some GPUs on Windows 7 may occur after extended gameplay sessions. If you encounter this, simply re-launching the game will resolve the issue. 

For Windows 10 users, we’ve found that having at least 12GB of system RAM on a PC allows the game to operate without paging and provides a smoother gameplay experience.

Sauce - http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/490124466455488492/

All i have to say about that is

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm really sorry to sound lick a douche but 12 fucking GIGS of ram, for a game? Are they actually serious?

I thought the idea was to optimise the game for PC during the off sale period?

Good work guys, really good work. SPUD is currently littered with topics from users with no difference from the first build and some even claim things are worse now than ever, plus the DLC for PC still hasn't been released.

Can we now say WB & RS are digging?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Meh, that's BS. I never saw my PC take more than 8 Gigs during Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay, I had the game since the start that came with my old GTX 970.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Well i got 32 gigs so im not worried but seriously... thats pretty poor optimization all things considered. I bought my 970's back when the game came free with em so i guess i cant be to upset lol... guess its time for a test run after work tonight

snip

So they still have out of control ram leakage?

How embarrassing... How embarrassing...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

the new definition of badly ported console game, now we dont have to use gta4 as an example

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I'm not surprised. Seriously, games are evolving. Star Wars Battlefront recommends 16GB of RAM, since the game can use around 7 GB just for itself, your last gig being used by OS and other programs (Origin, ECT.) So, 16 is good.

This game looks demanding. They're saying 12GB as a req not because the game will be using all that memory, but instead so that your computer has enough memory to keep up. Keep up as in enough for the game and the extra stuff you have opened (Steam, ect.)

Seriously, guys, this isn't something bad. This isn't because memory leaks. It's just a new game (4 month old new game, but still.) Newer games are gonna start using more RAM. Stop complaining and upgrade.

I'm not calling WB studios saints, but they're good for recommending your computer be up to date to play their new game.

I used to be quite active here.

I'm not surprised. Seriously, games are evolving. Star Wars Battlefront recommends 16GB of RAM, since the game uses around 7 GB just for itself, your last gig being used by OS and other programs (Origin, ECT.) So, 16 is good.

This game looks demanding. They're saying 12GB as a req not because the game will be using all that memory, but instead so that your computer has enough memory to keep up.

"After extensive testing, a hard drive paging issue with some GPUs on Windows 7 may occur after extended gameplay sessions. If you encounter this, simply re-launching the game will resolve the issue. "

This is literally Rockstar saying... "We give up" on solving ram leakage issues.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

It does not require anything more than 8GB...i played the game entirely my machine is equipped with 16GB of system memory and i monitor everything all the time (i'm a freak) and the most i've seen is 8200mb. (under win 8.1 though)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I'm not surprised. Seriously, games are evolving. Star Wars Battlefront recommends 16GB of RAM, since the game uses around 7 GB just for itself, your last gig being used by OS and other programs (Origin, ECT.) So, 16 is good.

This game looks demanding. They're saying 12GB as a req not because the game will be using all that memory, but instead so that your computer has enough memory to keep up.

Seriously, guys, this isn't something bad. This isn't because memory leaks. It's just a new game (4 month old new game, but still.) Newer games are gonna start using more RAM. Stop complaining and upgrade.

Except the game only requires 8 GBs on 7 & 8, its only 10 that needs 12?

Explain that one if you can?

Its very simple, this game was ported so badly the only way they could fix it would be to literally open the source code folder, press ctrl & a then press delete and start again from scratch.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Really, huh.

My brother ran Battlefront perfectly fine maxed out with 8GB of RAM, it uses MAYYYYYBBBBEEEEE 4GB max.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Uhm, battlefront for me never used more than 6GB of RAM, and I have 16GB of RAM and a 15 GB page file. I must of played the beta for 30 or so hours and i never saw it go above 6, like ever

So the requirement is rather amusing but people should look at the full recommendation. The sentence states it is to prevent using the page file. Accessing the page file is significantly slower than using RAM. The game relies HEAVILY on texture streaming, meaning using the page file, especially on a mechanical drive, could result in much slower access times effecting performance. What's weird is that the issue seems specific to Win10.

Really, huh.

My brother ran Battlefront perfectly fine maxed out with 8GB of RAM, it uses MAYYYYYBBBBEEEEE 4GB max.

Me playing Battlefront on Ultra settings, it reached a max of 7.0 FULL USAGE of RAM. If my system had 8GB only, it would have stuttered. Just because that was your brother's case doesn't mean that it's everybody's case.

Uhm, battlefront for me never used more than 6GB of RAM, and I have 16GB of RAM and a 15 GB page file. I must of played the beta for 30 or so hours and i never saw it go above 6, like ever

Read up there^

Except the game only requires 8 GBs on 7 & 8, its only 10 that needs 12?

Explain that one if you can?

Its very simple, this game was ported so badly the only way they could fix it would be to literally open the source code folder, press ctrl & a then press delete and start again from scratch.

I don't know. Maybe because Windows 10 isn't windows 7 and 8? I'm not a game developer.

I used to be quite active here.

They're still working on SLI and Crossfire support? 12GB RAM for a smooth experience? This re-release sounds like it will be more embarrassing than the first one. 

We seriously need Nintendo to start making PC games. Those guys know how to optimize games. This is just sad...

Nintendo knows how to optimize games on their own hardware. That wouldn't apply to any other platform.

Me playing Battlefront on Ultra settings, it reached a max of 7.0 FULL USAGE of RAM. If my system had 8GB only, it would have stuttered. Just because that was your brother's case doesn't mean that it's everybody's case.

Ah, Windows 10.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I am glad I watched a walk-through of this game already. Can't be bothered buying it anymore.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I don't even need 12gb of ram to play Star Citizen smoothly. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |