Japan Display annonces 17inch, 8K, IPS, True 120Hz display

GoodBytes

The Japanese company called Japan Display, a company that is a joint venture of Sony, Toshiba, and Hitachi form in 2012, as a R&D facility for LCD panel.

The company, announces a new panel that will make your nice fancy display look like 80's technology.

JDI-8k-lcd-display.jpg

The new panel is a 17.3inch panel using low temperature poly-silicon (LTPS) to acheive a panel that has a resolution of 8K (7,680 x 4,320), and can operate at 120Hz.

The panel has a 500cd/m2 luminance, 2000:1 contrast ratio, and claims >176degree(CR>100:1) view angle.

The panel uses IPS technology.

Japan Display Inc. ("JDI") has announced the development of the world's first 17.3-inch high resolution (7,680(W) x RGB x 4,320(H) pixels), fast response (frame rate 120Hz) liquid crystal display (LCD) module, the same size as the standard monitor commonly used for the video image production.

The LCD module, based on low temperature poly-silicon (LTPS) technology with true 8K pixels (RGB stripe arrangement), realizes high definition (510ppi) images, and the 120Hz frame rate enables smooth playback of moving image. By providing wide viewing angle, high contrast and little color shift, the advantages of IPS technology enable reproduction of life-like 8K image with a sense of depth in image quality.

This next-generation 8K technology suits not only products*2 for video image production, but also medical monitors and gaming PC monitors which require, high resolution and depth in image quality, and many more.

Company says that you can see the panel at work at NHK/JEITA booth on October 7 - 10, 2015 during CEATEC JAPAN 2015 held at Makuhari Messe, Japan, in collaboration with NHK.

Source 1: http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/02/jdi-8k-display/

Source 2: http://www.j-display.com/english/news/2015/20151001.html

It is a good thing that Windows 10 is 8K display ready, so you definitely want that version of Windows if you want to be able to read the screen. So... how many will you buy? How many NVIDIA Pascal will you also add to your shopping cart as well?

So what display output are we supposed to use? I thought that display port 3 was going to be 8K 60fps max?

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Anything above 2560 * 1080 makes my eyes bleed.

I couldn't look at this thing for 6 seconds.

That's gonna be stupid expensive, and stupid hard to drive probably. 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

This would be great to edit my Red Epic Dragon footage on..........if I had one

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Wow, 8K is getting real. NHK has put a lot of effort into 8K so far and they have actually plans to start broadcasting in 8K. Meanwhile, TV is still 720p/1080i in Europe and NA and I haven't heard of a broadcasting company from the west that has any plans to up the resolution/bitrate. I can't wait to see Sony making an 8K phone, though.

It is a good thing that Windows 10 is 8K display ready, so you definitely want that version of Windows if you want to be able to read the screen. So... how many will you buy? How many NVIDIA Pascal will you also add to your shopping cart as well?

I don't have Windows 10, so do you mean the display scaling finally works?

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

Sorry, just had to ;)

memes

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't have Windows 10, so do you mean the display scaling finally works?

It's definitely better than W7, but it's not like W7 scaling wasn't usable in the first place, imo. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Awesome!! This is what AMD has said is the perfect res for the human eye although I don't think they were talking about on a 17" display, maybe 24" or 27", anyway I'm so pumped for 8k, can't wait for 2020!!!

For what purpose

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

How about display manufacturers let other technologies which are necessary for insane displays actually catch up.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

How about display manufacturers let other technologies which are necessary for insane displays actually catch up.

will you pay their wages while they wait?

will you pay their wages while they wait?

There are other ways to improve displays without going for insane resolutions......

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

What?!  How??

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Wow, 8K is getting real. NHK has put a lot of effort into 8K so far and they have actually plans to start broadcasting in 8K. Meanwhile, TV is still 720p/1080i in Europe and NA and I haven't heard of a broadcasting company from the west that has any plans to up the resolution/bitrate. I can't wait to see Sony making an 8K phone, though.

just wait till 8K smart watches are a thing. Apple now owns your house!

Me when using that display:

SQUINTING.jpg

That is because you guys set your Windows DPI to 100%, and not properly adapt it like your phone.