GTA V Supporting Vulkan API (Roy doesnt know what he talking about)

TwistedDictator

stupid roy. Please delete.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

You're saying my 260X won't suffer so hard?

It wont :)

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Is vulkan AMD specific? I'm pretty sure it isn't but can some one inform me.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

No it's basically openGL with a new name.

Oh right sweet! Better performance then theoretically. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I'm so down.

whats wrong?

Slick:

Wasn't it said once that gta v was on the list to use mantle? So it isn't so surprising that it will support vulkan, given that vulkan is part mantle

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

whats wrong?

It's a figure of speech, I think it means something along the lines of: I'm excited or looking forward to it. 

Vulkan could be great since less driver dependencies -> better linux support for games,with current drivers its not even worth considering linux,or installing.

Vulkan could be great since less driver dependencies -> better linux support for games,with current drivers its not even worth considering linux,or installing.

This is good.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

At this point, I'm beginning to expect the headline "GTA V to include Half Life 3"

I want the game, but seriously, just release it already.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

At this point, I'm beginning to expect the headline "GTA V to include Half Life 3"

I want the game, but seriously, just release it already.

At least we have dates to look at and hope for :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Hmmm I wonder if it will also support/update to have DX12

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Hmmm I wonder if it will also support/update to have DX12

Next GTA news: we need more time to add DX-12 support... 

nonono

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

nonono

They'll delay it to coincide with the release of windows 10 and DX-12, jk, this delay is probably the last one. probably is the key word here. 

I imagine DirectX 12 and Vulkan will come around the same time or at least one after another. As the API's are quite similar all of which closely resemble Mantle. Although the move to DirectX 12 might not be needed if the game runs fine as it is. The move to Vulkan would help bring Linux support but other than that I don't see much reasoning behind it other than that.

Doesn't going with the Vulcan API mean that it will work under Linux?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Doesn't going with the Vulcan API mean that it will work under Linux?

it would severely reduce the work of porting it to it and mac as well

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here