GTA V Supporting Vulkan API (Roy doesnt know what he talking about)

TwistedDictator

At least when you and I bickered it was on principle ;)

well you did say some pretty hilarious things at times. :'D now im tempted to find some of those and laugh again :P

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

well you did say some pretty hilarious things at times. :'D now im tempted to find some of those and laugh again :P

Go ahead. I've never been wrong and have nothing to be ashamed of, for I am lord GabeN.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Go ahead. I've never been wrong and have nothing to be ashamed of, for I am lord GabeN.

Dank brah ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

*facepalm*

Someone else, please explain to him ho he is an idiot... @patrickjp93 @Victorious Secret @Kloaked @LAwLz because he is making me really angry right now

There's way too much bs in this thread for me to even care, lol.

I have a feeling that mantle might continue to live on in Gaming Evolved titles, since it will be easier to program in new features like tressfx/grassfx etc. Kinda like nvidias physx. AMD owners get the special treatment while the other guys get the lesser older version of the effect.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

I have a feeling that mantle might continue to live on in Gaming Evolved titles, since it will be easier to program in new features like tressfx/grassfx etc.

All those use direct compute and don't need Mantle. They don't even need an AMD GPU, you can run them in hardware on Nvidia.

AMD has openly said that they are not promoting the current form of Mantle anymore and they have asked devs to turn their attention to Vulkan and DX12.

If they come up with something else new for Mantle V2 then they may push it again but don't hold your breath.

At this point it doesn't really matter if Mantle dies IMO.

There are only rumors about Nvidia's tier of support. It's also entirely possible for Nvidia to be waiting to release DX 12 drivers until much closer to the launch of Windows 10 where it would be useful.

Well weren't they bragging in the media claiming they were the only ones with access to DX12 drivers? Didn't they say they were working on it for 4 years?

Either way, their attempts to missinform the public about Mantle and D3D12 relationship have finally come to light, while some of us saw pass the PR stunts and bullshit, yet were pointed out for being fanboys.

For fucks sake, people were saying Richard Huddy was lying when he said Microsoft asked to bring Mantle for DX! That's how ridiculous it got!

While NVIDIA was on a stage at GDC14 juggling with a Titan trying to say "Look at us media! Look at us running a XBOX ONE game in a PC!!! Look at us, in 2014, doing what Microsoft was doing in early 2013, showing XBOX ONE games running on devboxes...I  mean PCs! No! It's DX12!!! WAIT! Don't look over there! Don't look at the technical presentations of D3D12 being made by Mantle actors like Frostbite, AMD, and OXIDE! Don't lookat NVIDIA presentation being made by a AMD partner, OXIDE, cause we have been working for 4 years on this shit! FORZA ON PC = DX12! /WRAP"

And we, the guys who didn't felt for this bullshit, were the fanboys. Right.

Well weren't they bragging in the media claiming they were the only ones with access to DX12 drivers? Didn't they say they were working on it for 4 years?

Either way, their attempts to missinform the public about Mantle and D3D12 relationship have finally come to light, while some of us saw pass the PR stunts and bullshit, yet were pointed out for being fanboys.

While they were on a stage at GDC14 juggling with a Titan trying to say "Look at us media! Look at us running a XBOX ONE game in a PC!!! Look at us, in 2014, doing what Microsoft was doing in early 2013, showing XBOX ONE games running on devboxes...I  mean PCs! No! It's DX12!!! WAIT! Don't look over there! Don't look at the technical presentations of D3D12 being made by Mantle actors like Frostbite, AMD, and OXIDE! Don't lookat NVIDIA presentation being made by a AMD partner, OXIDE, cause we have been working for 4 years on this shit!"

And we, the guys who didn't felt for this bullshit, were the fanboys. Right.

Direct3D uses some of Mantle, but there are a number of pretty obvious differences. Yes work on DX 12 went on for 4 years. I don't doubt it. Mastering a whole new kernel deployment system to take advantage of multi-core CPUs while managing all the shared variables and possible race conditions will take time. HPC software isn't built in a month, not even by Microsoft.

Look, quit bitching about companies and just vote with your feet and your wallet. It's absolutely tiring. AMD's being sued for securities fraud over Llano (I was wondering when that would happen based on how they ripped off GloFo in the deal a bit too easily thanks to that wafer purchase deal instead of chip purchase. Due to the insanely high yields GloFo barely made back their R&D money for that year). People are still complaining about Intel being the devil in business practices despite the fact Otellini the Cutthroat is gone and Kirzanich has a spotless record. It's still Intel's fault for AMD's failures and misfortunes, even though Intel bankrolled the ATI buyout with a 1.4 billion dollar loan. It's still Nvidia's fault because of false advertising (despite the fact you can go back in history and find a number of similar clerical errors made by AMD's PR team).

We all hate blind fanboyism. Just drop it.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I have a feeling that mantle might continue to live on in Gaming Evolved titles, since it will be easier to program in new features like tressfx/grassfx etc. Kinda like nvidias physx. AMD owners get the special treatment while the other guys get the lesser older version of the effect.

It's a fucking nice change from the usual "Nvidia or yeah fuck off" attitude many more games take, case point: Witcher 3.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Direct3D uses some of Mantle, but there are a number of pretty obvious differences. Yes work on DX 12 went on for 4 years. I don't doubt it. Mastering a whole new kernel deployment system to take advantage of multi-core CPUs while managing all the shared variables and possible race conditions will take time. HPC software isn't built in a month, not even by Microsoft.

Look, quit bitching about companies and just vote with your feet and your wallet. It's absolutely tiring. AMD's being sued for securities fraud over Llano (I was wondering when that would happen based on how they ripped off GloFo in the deal a bit too easily thanks to that wafer purchase deal instead of chip purchase. Due to the insanely high yields GloFo barely made back their R&D money for that year). People are still complaining about Intel being the devil in business practices despite the fact Otellini the Cutthroat is gone and Kirzanich has a spotless record. It's still Intel's fault for AMD's failures and misfortunes, even though Intel bankrolled the ATI buyout with a 1.4 billion dollar loan. It's still Nvidia's fault because of false advertising (despite the fact you can go back in history and find a number of similar clerical errors made by AMD's PR team).

We all hate blind fanboyism. Just drop it.

Oh I'm sorry to stop the missinformation that is spread on this community... Plus, I don't doubt Microsoft was working for 4 years on DX12 either - DX12 isn't just D3D12 (where Mantle is present). Now are the Mantle (D3D12) features the thing that is marketing the shit of DX12? Fuck yeah they are - low level, multi-core support, yada yada are the words of the day.

So much it's even the same speech behind Vulkan.

I bitch about the companys that are currently doing malpractices, and are fooling people. I didn't say Intel is the Devil, and I didn't say AMD is a Saint.

I said NVIDIA is full of bullshit when it came to this generation of APIs.

-snip-

Wow, triple post!

Wow, triple post!

Now that's what I call a "C-C-Combo!"

Sorry folks, public access internet can be tricky.

Oh I'm sorry to stop the missinformation that is spread on this community... Plus, I don't doubt Microsoft was working for 4 years on DX12 either - DX12 isn't just D3D12 (where Mantle is present). Now are the Mantle (D3D12) features the thing that is marketing the shit of DX12? Fuck yeah they are - low level, multi-core support, yada yada are the words of the day.

So much it's even the same speech behind Vulkan.

I bitch about the companys that are currently doing malpractices, and are fooling people. I didn't say Intel is the Devil, and I didn't say AMD is a Saint.

I said NVIDIA is full of bullshit when it came to this generation of APIs.

Wow! Triple post! [GOD DAMN IT LTT FIX THIS WEBSITE!]

There's much more that was multicore before direct3d. Don't kid yourself. There are far more crucial things such as the actual management system. Who cares if multiple cores can do draw calls and access hardware at a low level if they can't synchronize, communicate, and deal with errors/faults without consistently crashing your game?

facepalm* You're crucifying Nvidia over effectively nothing. And I was simply making metaphorical comparisons to others who you're currently acting like. The cards are not on the table yet and we have no games to test. Nvidia is innocent until proven guilty just like every other person or corporation. Nvidia is not full of BS in the slightest.

Wow! Triple post! [GOD DAMN IT LTT FIX THIS WEBSITE!]

There's much more that was multicore before direct3d. Don't kid yourself. There are far more crucial things such as the actual management system. Who cares if multiple cores can do draw calls and access hardware at a low level if they can't synchronize, communicate, and deal with errors/faults without consistently crashing your game?

facepalm* You're crucifying Nvidia over effectively nothing. And I was simply making metaphorical comparisons to others who you're currently acting like. The cards are not on the table yet and we have no games to test. Nvidia is innocent until proven guilty just like every other person or corporation. Nvidia is not full of BS in the slightest.

I don't say there wasn't, and I don't doubt the skillset of each company to accomplish it - but in this world what ends up sticking is proven concepts that gain traction. You know this. AMD wouldn't have made Mantle without Frostbite, neither Mantle would have gain the traction it had without them. I do not fool myself into beliving otherwise - in fact I give alot of credit to Johan Anderson. He was the guy in the frontline advocating for this concept of APIs among game developers, and was doing it with Mantle. Thanks to him AMD had 100+ developers in the closed beta of Mantle, and who knows what will come in the next version of it.

Hopefully something good that will be adopted by other APIs.

I crucify NVIDIA cause missinformation isn't just the fruit of chance. As a marketer I know quite a number of companys who's job is to get people in communitys as "influencers". In fact I received a proposal from one of them (a small one actually) - for 10.000 euros they can have a reach of 850.000 people in social networks.

The game starts way before the cards are on the table - in fact this game of the current gen of APIs started with this generation of consoles. You just have to pay attention to the media, reviewers, communitys and the kind of speech of each company. And let me tell you - AMD has nothing compared to NVIDIA when it comes to this game.

I don't say there wasn't, and I don't doubt the skillset of each company to accomplish it - but in this world what ends up sticking is proven concepts that gain traction. You know this. AMD wouldn't have made Mantle without Frostbite, neither Mantle would have gain the traction it had without them. I do not fool myself into beliving otherwise - in fact I give alot of credit to Johan Anderson. He was the guy in the frontline advocating for this concept of APIs among game developers, and was doing it with Mantle. Thanks to him AMD had 100+ developers in the closed beta of Mantle, and who knows what will come in the next version of it.

Hopefully something good that will be adopted by other APIs.

I crucify NVIDIA cause missinformation isn't just the fruit of chance. As a marketer I know quite a number of companys who's job is to get people in communitys as "influencers". In fact I received a proposal from one of them (a small one actually) - for 10.000 euros they can have a reach of 850.000 people in social networks.

The game starts way before the cards are on the table - in fact this game of the current gen of APIs started with this generation of consoles. You just have to pay attention to the media, reviewers, communitys and the kind of speech of each company. And let me tell you - AMD has nothing compared to NVIDIA when it comes to this game.

The problem with your premise is there's no demonstrable misinformation.

The problem with your premise is there's no demonstrable misinformation.

Oh you are completly right - but let me tell you there are metrics to measure it :)

(Edit: to make it clear - there aren't metrics to measure "missinformation", there are metrics to measure the echo of every kind of content)

Oh you are completly right - but let me tell you there are metrics to measure it :)

(Edit: to make it clear - there aren't metrics to measure "missinformation", there are metrics to measure the echo of every kind of content)

If I'm right then why are you crucifying Nvidia? If they aren't spreading misinformation (which you can't seem to prove they are), then what's the beef?

If I'm right then why are you crucifying Nvidia? If they aren't spreading misinformation (which you can't seem to prove they are), then what's the beef?

Because experience tells me so. If you've been around content marketing, CRM, PR, you know it. And just because I can't show you the receipt of a company that paid for certain services, doesn't mean they aren't doing it. Hell society doesn't even care anymore about editorial integrity, or ethics.

If NVIDIA was selling a product with the wrong specifications, with full conscience of it - then I can only think the worst of them.

I'm under NDA of several companys: FMCG, automotive, pharmaceutical, eletronics, insurances, banks,and even one game studio. I do stuff that cannot be proved - legal stuff to be clear. And I'm just one guy, from one company in a European country. Unless we are audited by authoritys we won't disclose anything.

The beef is that after hours I'm just a consumer, who happens to have knowlege in some area - just like you.

To be clear I'm not saying such thing happens in this community. What I'm saying is that misinformation can easily be spread with money and influence the oppinion of people. And there was alot of missinformation around Mantle - and since I cannot prove it, I just won't allow when such thing happens, by not being silent.

Repost. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Repost. 

link to the original post?

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

Original source: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/gta_v_will_support_the_vulcan_api/1

Looks like AMD Roy has confirmed Vulkan support will be in GTA V!

Were you so happy you didn't scroll down to see this?:

*Edit*

AMD's Roy Taylor has since retracted this statement on GTA V, saying that his statement regarding Vulkan was not related to GTA V but the future of Mantle. Sadly this means that Rockstar may not be bringing the game over to the Vulcan API after release.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280