Nvidia, the BLACK IS BACK(now say black back as fast as you can) oh and the gtx 790

brownninja97

GeForce-TITAN-Black-and-GTX-790-850x322.

Yes people its confirmed, the gtx 790 is so black, it absorbed all colour, some scientists say it might be a black hole, the only evidence of it coming is the white hovering text that reads gtx 790 and the pci-e lane that comes out of it.

Basically this is the gen 2 titan, yes the titan um 2. Mr black over here also has some specs 2880 CUDA cores, 240 TMUs and 48 ROPs. Apparently there is a lot fo evidence from a source that shall not be mentioned(AMD) that this titan BLACK edition will be coming soon, as in February soon. Its not confirmed but the gpu may have 6gb vram with a 384bit bus which is nice but a 512bit bus would of been better. Im surprised that they are using GK110 bloody again.(or so the gtx titan NOT BLACK edition can have a bigger performance increase).

Now

ENTER THE GTX 790

Crap i talked about that above, nvm. Ok so the specs confused me.

Possible specs of GeForce GTX TITAN BE and GTX 790   GeForce GTX 780 Ti GeForce GTX TITAN “Black Edition” GeForce GTX 790 GPU 28nm GK110 28nm GK110 2x 28nm GK110 GPU Config 2880 : 240 : 48 2880 : 240 : 48 4992 : 416 : 80 Video Memory 3GB GDDR5 6GB GDDR5 10GB GDDR5 Memory Bus 384-bit 384-bit 2x 320-bit TDP 250W 250W 300W Price $649 $999 $999+ Launch Date November 2013 February 2014 March 2014

So its got two gpus, but whats odd is that thet are better then a 780 and worse then a 780 ti, they also have a 320bit bus which i dont think ive seen before, it could just be a typo for view whoring. Furthermore the 10gb vram, which means 5gb as they arent AMD, this is quite confusing and it suggests that there is a future gpu which has 2496, i think ive seen that number before but i cant remember where. Maybe this is the gtx 870, we never know, they might rebadge again a lot of the cards.

http://videocardz.com/48533/nvidia-launch-geforce-gtx-titan-black-edition-geforce-gtx-790

is-it-beacuse-im-black_o_1152586.jpg

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

THAT_4d862c_142873.jpg

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

don't know...could be true because it's logical. But it's nothing more than a good guess.

White reflects colours, black absorbs.

ah yes, but just saying the color black itself it not created by absorbing all colors per say 

you realize black is the absence of color right? not absorbing all colors, that would be white

Black is the combination of all colour as a solid/liquid

White is the combination of all colour as a light

Character artist in the Games industry.

you realize black is the absence of color right? not absorbing all colors, that would be white

Black means no colors are reflects (absorbs). White means all colors are reflected. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

It depends what you are talking about. 

In art, Black is the combination of all colors. Like with paint. 

In physics, Black is the absence of all colors. Like with protons photons and wave spectrum. 

And that is as it is for a reason. Black paint absorbs all light, therefore, no protons photons are reflected off of it and no color is seen aside from black.

White reflects all protons photons, so you see white. White is the absence of color in paint. But the combination of all color in light (because all protons photons are reflected). Vice versa with Black (because all protons photons are absorbed).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I almost want the guess the Titan BE as being a 780 Ti with compute performance on par or better than the former Titan's.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Black is the combination of all colour as a solid/liquid

White is the combination of all colour as a light

ok I don't know what kind of education they have in England but I have NEVER heard that one before

Black is the color of coalebony, and of outer space. It is the darkest color, the result of the absence of or complete absorption of light. It is the opposite of white and often represents darkness in contrast with light

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black

nooo, the colors are "absorbed" which generates heat and results in "black" (absence of color).

white just reflects "all" colors and is therefore not essentially a color, but a mixture of "all" colors.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

Quad Titan Black edition WC 10GB Vram Rig FTW!

Interested in Business and Technology

ONCE YOU GO BLACK YOU NEVER GO BACK

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

White is a reflection of the visible colors, black is the absence of color from the object who absorb them/let them pass.

cYeKvLJ.png

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Black is the absorbing colors, white reflects, so the absence of color is white.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

It depends what you are talking about.

In art, Black is the combination of all colors. Like with paint.

In physics, Black is the absence of all colors. Like with protons and wave spectrum.

And that is as it is for a reason. Black paint absorbs all light, therefore, no protons are reflected off of it and no color is seen aside from black.

White reflects all protons, so you see white. White is the absence of color in paint. But the combination of all color in light (because all protons are reflected). Vice versa with Black (because all protons are absorbed).

Just wanted to say photons not protons. If everything white reflected protons we would be constantly getting bombarded with alpha radiation.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

Wissh me luck trying to not spend three/four weeks pay for a graphic card :3

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>