Nvidia, the BLACK IS BACK(now say black back as fast as you can) oh and the gtx 790

brownninja97

cYeKvLJ.png

ok I don't know what kind of education they have in England but I have NEVER heard that one before

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black

Slide1.jpg

Think about it this way. If you take all primary colors of paint and mix them, they will be black. This is because the paint absorbs all colors of light (which is made up of the primary colors. 

color-wheel-primary.jpg

So Black is a combination/mixture of all colors when it comes to paint, but it is the absence of color in terms of light because it absorbs all color and reflects back no light (theoretically, it does, but realistically, it doesn't). 

Whereas, White is the absence of color (pigment, rather) but the combination of all colors of light, because it reflects all wavelengths of protons that hit it. 

Physics and Art are opposites because of the nature of light. It's complicated.

Special note: Look at that color wheel above. Do you see pink? No. You don't. That's because pink light does not exist. It is a replacement for all the extra wavelengths of light we see. It is like static or filler. There is no wavelength that corresponds with pink light. 

More on that topic:

Just wanted to say photons not protons. If everything white reflected protons we would be constantly getting bombarded with alpha radiation.

This. I was incorrect.

ITT: we debate the 'color' black

IKR? It's hilarious.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Think about it this way. If you take all primary colors of paint and mix them, they will be black. This is because the paint absorbs all colors of light (which is made up of the primary colors. 

So Black is a combination/mixture of all colors when it comes to paint, but it is the absence of color in terms of light because it absorbs all color and reflects back no light (theoretically, it does, but realistically, it doesn't). 

Whereas, White is the absence of color (pigment, rather) but the combination of all colors of light, because it reflects all wavelengths of protons that hit it. 

Physics and Art are opposites because of the nature of light. It's complicated.

Special note: Look at that color wheel above. Do you see pink? No. You don't. That's because pink light does not exist. It is a replacement for all the extra wavelengths of light we see. It is like static or filler. There is no wavelength that corresponds with pink light. 

More on that topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9dqJRyk0YM

This. I was incorrect.

IKR? It's hilarious.

TL:DR  B)

I'm just gonna stop posting now.

jk i read it and i understand it quite well. Just thought the picture was funny for this :D

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Cool. Another card no real person can afford.

Challenge accepted.

P.S. You guys need to get a new hobby. All this nit picking over the color thing is dumb lol

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

you realize black is the absence of color right? not absorbing all colors, that would be white

We see colours depending on what colours of the RGB spectrum are reflected by an object.It an object is white it reflects all the colours.If an object is black it absorbs all of them.

That's also a reason why it's better to wear whiter tones of color in the summer,because it doesn't attract as much light,and in turn heat.

The absence of color means we won't be able to see.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Linus colour tips forum?

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Challenge accepted.

P.S. You guys need to get a new hobby. All this nit picking over the color thing is dumb lol

Let's change subject then. 

one thousuaunad p0stzz 0mgurd! I gotta make it special... ummm eehh.. POTATO       wat

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Holy crap, biggest load of rubbish comments I've had to sift through. Take it to off-topic, don't hijack the thread.

To OP: thanks for the news! I will be watching for the release of solid info very keenly..

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

But will it blend?

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

nVidia: Give us Maxwell already!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

you realize black is the absence of color right? not absorbing all colors, that would be white

wrong, otherwise all cars in dubai would be black.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

u_wot_m8-89281.gif

It was a table, it is no longer a table

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Looks great!

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Black is the combination of all colour as a solid/liquid

White is the combination of all colour as a light

That must be an art based perspective. In physics we talk about colours as light or a combination of light rays. Different colors have different wavelength. White is the combination of all colours (as you most correctly said), black is light absorbed on a surface. The color of an object is what colors it reflects, so black doesn't reflect anything. Of course, all this goes out the window when you talk about displays, because there the color is actually the color of the light being emitted. Anyway, I'm starting to realize that I'm sounding like a smartass, so I'll stop now, besides, I bet at least 10 people already wrote this down.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

But will it blend?

thanks for the good memories  :lol:

You're partially right. However, white doesn't absorb colors. White reflects light and is a presence of all colors and black absorbs light and is the absence of color.

I like the look of the 780ti better but it's still pretty nice looking, and more importantly it'll probably perform amazing. (I will never be able to afford one in a million years, but it's still awesome.)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Thousand dollar cards are absolute waste of money, 9 months later you'll get the same performance for half as much.

So much money down the drain it's unbelievable.

To the select few of us with nothing to spend our money on, we like these random expensive surprises where we go OHHHHH IT'S SHINY AND I WANT IT. My replaced items are normally down-cycled to family or friends... So come 800* series some lucky brother is getting a 780 TI or two.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide