Nvidia, the BLACK IS BACK(now say black back as fast as you can) oh and the gtx 790

brownninja97

Just to clarify everything that has been going on in terms of debating light and colour.

You guys are talking about two different types of colour. Additive and subtractive. 

When talking about light, you're talking about additive colours. You start with nothing (black), and then start adding light to get additional colours. When all colours are present, you get white.

When talking about physical objects, and their colour, you're talking about subtractive colour. You start with every colour (white), and then you start removing (i.e. absorbing) them to get other colours. This is because light emits its own light (i.e. colours), whereas physical objects reflect (or scatter) light.

They work in opposite ways.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I think that if the 790 was to come out, its going to consist of two 780 or 780TI on a single PCB to form a 790. I also think that the Titan 2 will be a higher binned Titan. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

Well that's easily photoshopped, the "Titan 2" and "790" are the exact same photo as the Titan you have there, just with changed colours on the heat sink. Fake, moving along.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

you realize black is the absence of color right? not absorbing all colors, that would be white

White reflects all color, black absorbs it. 

Waait the 790 only have 3 gb ram? :( yeah my 690 wont be replaced for another generation.

In the article they said 5Gb/GPU

Also, why are there 777 people viewing this topic

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

In the article they said 5Gb/GPU

Also, why are there 777 people viewing this topic

People care about colours, or the lack of. It's all a matter of perspective :-P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

A few rows under "Enter the 790" part.

Check the link, that part was taken from a table and didnt format correctly

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

Cool. Another card no real person can afford.

Yay for poor Murica'

you realize black is the absence of color right? not absorbing all colors, that would be white

Wrong.  If an object to your eye appears blue, then the object is ALL colors EXCEPT blue.  This is because blue reflects off the object and into your eye.  So, the genuine color of everything is the opposite of what your eye sees.

if the 790 is dual gpu it will be like the 690 reference cooler, but somehow i think its hidden because it'll be a new design cooler, if its even real.

why are you's talking about colours anyway?

It depends on whether you are talking about additive or subtractive colours. 

Additive colours create colours by ADDING to the spectrum, i.e. if all colours were added, you would get white. This is how a computer screen generates colours and the three primary additive colours are red, blue and green which can be used to make up all other colours, hence the RGB system. 

Subtractive colours create colours by REMOVING from the spectrum, e.g. with paint. When you add different colours of paint, they will absorb more wavelengths of light and hence, thus, if you add all colours, you will get black as no colours are reflected. The primary colours with the subtractive system are red, blue and yellow. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

It depends on whether you are talking about additive or subtractive colours. 

Additive colours create colours by ADDING to the spectrum, i.e. if all colours were added, you would get white. This is how a computer screen generates colours and the three primary additive colours are red, blue and green which can be used to make up all other colours, hence the RGB system. 

Subtractive colours create colours by REMOVING from the spectrum, e.g. with paint. When you add different colours of paint, they will absorb more wavelengths of light and hence, thus, if you add all colours, you will get black as no colours are reflected. The primary colours with the subtractive system are red, blue and yellow. 

WTF Does this have to do with the OP. OUT! haha

WTF Does this have to do with the OP. OUT! haha

Calm down buddy, was just adding to another post by another member, no need to get butthurt. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Ok yea lets talk about color for 3 pages

seriously

ok B2T...If we were to base our predictions on the specs, how big of an increase would the 790 get over the 690 and 780TI?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Wrong. If an object to your eye appears blue, then the object is ALL colors EXCEPT blue. This is because blue reflects off the object and into your eye. So, the genuine color of everything is the opposite of what your eye sees.

So orange.

I have wonders about that too...

Also... what you perceive as blue may not look like blue to me or anyone else. This is because the visualization of colour is based on our brains processing signals from our eyes which are designed to detect the electrmagnetic spectrum.

Eh, not sure if it can Crysis...

buy 4 just to be safe

My PC specs: 

CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @ 1866MHz    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 770 ACX (2-way sli)    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (black)    Storage: 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive)WD Green 1 TB storage drive    PSU: Corsair RM 850w    Display: BenQ XL2420TE    Cooling: Corsair H100, 5 Noctua NF-F12s    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate    Mouse: SteelSeries Rival    Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50s  THIS STATEMENT IS YELLOW