Nvidia, the BLACK IS BACK(now say black back as fast as you can) oh and the gtx 790

brownninja97

You know what they say, once you go black...

You go to the hospital for a spinal injury?

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

White reflects colours, black absorbs.

when refering to pigments you are right, but when refering to light you are the complete opposite of right.

Nothing to see here, move along

Ok im not even gonna try to understand whats happening here.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

the GTX 790 will have the first reference water cooler, and the worlds first open loop water cooler, as seen below

article-sprinkler-420x0.jpg

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

you realize black is the absence of color right? not absorbing all colors, that would be white

Well, black things (in pigment) absorb all colors of light, but white light is a combination of all colors of light. So, both are kinda true.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

They should have it in purple, because f**k the black subject.

Anyway, nice to see the 790 coming out in a couple of quarters. Maybe I can get my hands on a 780 for cheaper.

Sad news for me:( This pretty much means there wont be a 780ti 6gb. I don't want to shell out extra for a Titan with double precision, and I don't want a dual GPU. I want 2x 780ti's in SLI, but 3gb VRAM is not enough.. Hm...

Sad news for me:( This pretty much means there wont be a 780ti 6gb. I don't want to shell out extra for a Titan with double precision, and I don't want a dual GPU. I want 2x 780ti's in SLI, but 3gb VRAM is not enough.. Hm...

if this is real there will be a titan 2, causing the titan to drop slightly in price to roughly 780ti price point, hopefully

if this is real there will be a titan 2, causing the titan to drop slightly in price to roughly 780ti price point, hopefully

either that or this titan will be more expensive and the normal titan will not be effected

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

either that or this titan will be more expensive and the normal titan will not be effected

could be but hopefully the titan will be pushed to atleast the £700 mark .

GOD I WANT ONE

post-53936-0-54155600-1390318968_thumb.p

Planned Build: i5 4670k, Corsair H105, Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB, Gigabyte G1 SNIPER M5S, Apevia X-Sniper 2, 2X Cougar 140mm (green), 2X Corsair AF120 (purple edition)

you never go amd?

Gaming rig: CPU: I5-2500K GPU: EVGA 660TI 3GB SC+ RAM: Corsair 8GB Vengence 1600MHz SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo Keyboard: Razer Black Widow ultimate Mouse: Logitech MX Master Monitor: 2x Acer 21.5 inch

Laptop Dell 7559: CPU: i7-6700HQ GPU: GTX 960M 4GB RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

you realize black is the absence of color right? not absorbing all colors, that would be white

Black absorbs all light, white reflects all light. White absords nothing at all ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

So orange.

I have wonders about that too...

Also... what you perceive as blue may not look like blue to me or anyone else. This is because the visualization of colour is based on our brains processing signals from our eyes which are designed to detect the electrmagnetic spectrum.

As a child, I too had theories about this.  I had come to the conclusion shortly after that it would be impossible to test.  No matter what experiment was devised, a valid conclusion could not be made.  This includes theoretically 100% successful eye transplants, because it is the brain that is doing the interpretations.  Even if a brain transplant could have been done, then the original "person" would no longer exist, and the original brain/person is still interpreting the color the same way previously.

Black is absorbing all colors, white is reflecting all. You almost had it.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

As a child, I too had theories about this.  I had come to the conclusion shortly after that it would be impossible to test.  No matter what experiment was devised, a valid conclusion could not be made.  This includes theoretically 100% successful eye transplants, because it is the brain that is doing the interpretations.  Even if a brain transplant could have been done, then the original "person" would no longer exist, and the original brain/person is still interpreting the color the same way previously.

Similar to my conclusion as well.

Sweet!  more overpriced cards.    Not to but in on the topic, but since everyone seems to have an opinion on black and white here, they are tones. Which is why you use back, white, and grey's to make colors darker or lighter.     

Sooo, these 2 GTX Titans I just got yesterday might not have been a good idea? lol jk, they are my 'bonus' from work.

Wrong. If an object to your eye appears blue, then the object is ALL colors EXCEPT blue. This is because blue reflects off the object and into your eye. So, the genuine color of everything is the opposite of what your eye sees.

The genuine colour of the object is blue, because i say it is blue, what if i see blue objects in the specific hue you see red objects, so if we were to switch bodies, perhaps the sky eould be a brilliant red to you, because the way our brains are designed to work may be different. And so my blue, may be your 'not blue' so perhaps when i (or anyone else) looks at the sky they see the exact opposite colour to you, and thus, making the rain, through our eyes, yet based on your nomelacture (i cant spell that word) blue, and the light it emits "not blue"

Tl;dr this debate is silly

If anyone made sense of what i just wrote, you are a genius

As a child, I too had theories about this. I had come to the conclusion shortly after that it would be impossible to test. No matter what experiment was devised, a valid conclusion could not be made. This includes theoretically 100% successful eye transplants, because it is the brain that is doing the interpretations. Even if a brain transplant could have been done, then the original "person" would no longer exist, and the original brain/person is still interpreting the color the same way previously.

Vsauce made a good video about this i can't find it at the moment, but its really cool 'is my red the same as your red' or something along those lines was the title

you never go AMD ???? :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Manners Maketh Man