What do you guys do for a living?

Shally

Basically the title, just curious to the common professions in the forum.

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

Freelance web designer/web frontend developer/translator: basically anything my clients want me to do.

Microsoft Surface Book 2 13.5 - i7, GTX1050, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM - MAXED OUT

Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16 - i5, Quadro M600M, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM

And lots of vintage ThinkPads...

==================================================

Freelance Web Designer, Frontend Developer, Translator

Used to be a real heavy gamer, like, really heavy gamer. Not so much anymore...

Primary support team for a large financial institution. If the branch staff don't know something, they contact us

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I build things.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Tell people to fuck off usually thinking about it....

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

Various things. I'm a freelance programmer (with some networking and server work thrown in), a student worker at a law firm (with future employment, hopefully) and I have a small recording studio.

The programming is what brings home the money, the student job is to further my studies and the studio is to cater to my passion.

I also do odd jobs here and there, but those rarely pay too well.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I'm a mechanical engineer, I design agricultural equipment, and talk shit on the internet. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'm a junior scientist in (underwater) acoustics and sonar

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

One of the I.T. guys on the city hall, i'm the one that deals more with hardware rather than software.

I also build some PCs for anybody who wants it from time to time.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

What do you guys for a living?

Technical writer. Pretty much paid to not write sentences like this. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Interpreter / translator but I tend to stick with interpreting. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Front-end Developer but I guess Fullstack is where I'm headed - with support function for web Checkouts for a quite big financial institution (400+ people)

I have created some websites for other companies as a side projects/deals (They were on Wodpress sooo). Did some surveillance installation at one point, and before my current job I was System Administrator/Theonlysupportguytheyhad for Irrigation company.

2 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I work for the [REDACTED] providing support to the [REDACTED] to make sure sure that all the problem's of the [REDACTED] are solved.

You mean you work as a QA analyst, who has fetish for Manga

I'm a full time carer for my mum who is mentally unwell and is disabled.... The government pay me...

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I draw lines on a computer (CAD Technician)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

I'm a full time carer for my mum who is mentally unwell and is disabled.... The government pay me...

oh..

1 minute ago, voiha said:

oh..

?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Anything and everything Information/Cyber security... from both the analytical and engineering side of things. Oh and toss in a lot of DLP crap and you are set.

On the side, I have started investing in to real-estate to make a nice sustainable side income.

i could tell you.. ya know what.. i will tell you

Just now, Captain Chaos said:

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i could tell you.. ya know what.. i will tell you

If you speak s**t about me one more time, I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING!!!

Microsoft Surface Book 2 13.5 - i7, GTX1050, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM - MAXED OUT

Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16 - i5, Quadro M600M, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM

And lots of vintage ThinkPads...

==================================================

Freelance Web Designer, Frontend Developer, Translator

Used to be a real heavy gamer, like, really heavy gamer. Not so much anymore...