Report: Google paid Andy Rubin $90 Million after he allegedly coerced sex from employee | Google rewards Sexual Misconduct?

AlTech
12 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Nope, that was just his bonus, they did not pay him to coerce non mutual sex, the money was a bonus.

Its common practice in big business to pay large bonuses and salaries no matter if they do great or make the company bankrupt.

I think you might have misread something, the $90M was pissoff pay, a golden handshake.   It was likely bad PR and legally grey as too what they could do so they paid him to leave.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

No, its in the contract for when the vip leaves, bonus pay.

Do you have access to the vip's contract?

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Maybe he is the V.I.P ?

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

6 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Yes, but the report says he was asked to leave due to this incident, not for any other reason. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

See, this is another reason why iOS is superior to Android. Apple's corporate culture is without blemish and I heard that Steve Jobs guy was super nice, a real people person.

Sarcasm, obviously.

always coming from the ones accusing the rest of their own mischief

wonder the kind of snake den facebook/twitter headquarter must be

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

The sum is chump change to Google.  Better to remove him than to have him do this again and the company get sued.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

People are forgetting that just because he had a sexual encounter does not mean he broke the law or enough company policy to legitimize sacking him.  But for the sake of PR they had to do something.  In the corporate world (in fact any world with contracts on that scale) you have to either proved illegal misconduct which undermines the contract or you have to pay them to go.   It is actually the foundation of innocent until proven guilty and people should be supporting it not crucifying them for it.

Given that the compensation was probably mostly in stock grants, it's likely Google barely spent any money on his exit anyway. A point people normally miss because of the big number.

As for this incidence, it doesn't seem in question he had some sort of sexual relationship with another Google employee, but the potential public fall out of trying to fire him if it was a questionable situation would be worse for Google than giving him a bunch of stock. PR has a cost to it, which is why these things happen.

7 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

always coming from the ones accusing the rest of their own mischief

wonder the kind of snake den facebook/twitter headquarter must be

Well, if the "rape buttons" in some of the Media companies in NYC are anything to go by, or the Broadcomm Sex Dungeon, we probably don't want to know. We just want it killed with fire.

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Well, if the "rape buttons" in some of the Media companies in NYC are anything to go by, or the Broadcomm Sex Dungeon, we probably don't want to know. We just want it killed with fire.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

boi would i love to see that

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I'm torn between my growing dislike of google, and complete lack of respect for a newspaper that actively employs racists, as well as occasionally completely making shit up (see: Pewdiepie controversy)

Seriously, I regard the NYT on the same level of WCCFTech

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

if google fires him and then he sues google for wrongful termination google cant use sexual misconduct as the reason for firing him if he wasnt convicted in court. the 90 million is probably part of an agreement preventing him from suing google

12 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I'm torn between my growing dislike of google, and complete lack of respect for a newspaper that actively employs racists, as well as occasionally completely making shit up (see: Pewdiepie controversy)

Seriously, I regard the NYT on the same level of WCCFTech

Hey man WCCFTech isnt THAT bad...

2 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Hey man WCCFTech isnt THAT bad...

Well as far as I know they don't actively employ a publicly blatantly racist leftist.

So yeah, I guess they're up a notch from NYT.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

3 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

"father of android".  Yeah and android 1.0 looks like dog shit compared to what you have today after a billion man-hours developing it.

I don't understand this. Bill Gates (father of Microsoft) created Windows which looked like dog shit, but today looks amazing. You don't see people bashing Bill Gates..

What's the employee's stance on the matter? Could it have been a consensual act? 

Regardless, I think Google would have been more correct to offer the executive just a leave without investigation. Paying someone to leave because they did something wrong is the incorrect approach. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

When it comes to people that high up the corporate ladder, big companies generally don't like to go the route of firing the person. It's easier to offer them a big payout in order to get them to resign and sign an agreement that they won't do things to harm the company or make a fuss on their way out. Then the company and the person "resigning" will offer some reason to resignation, it might even be a real one, but everything will go "smoothly" to avoid any chance of the company's stock being effected.

2 hours ago, HashBrowns said:

I don't understand this. Bill Gates (father of Microsoft) created Windows which looked like dog shit, but today looks amazing. You don't see people bashing Bill Gates..

Yeah agreed. The first iteration of a product is never good, but the brain behind and the creative mind behind it is what’s leads to good products. Rubin’s implementation lead to the ground work for modern Android, same story with Gates and Microsoft.

5 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

"father of android".  Yeah and android 1.0 looks like dog shit compared to what you have today after a billion man-hours developing it.

I mean, it's version 1.0, and was actually designed as firmware for digital cameras before they shifted to phones, believe it or not. 

Android never got pretty until Matias Duarte did his work from Android ICS onwards (technically Honeycomb but that version was forgettable). 

Holo was still Android at its prettiest IMO

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 hours ago, HashBrowns said:

I think he might have confused father of android with getting sole credit for the current iteration of android.  

"allegedly coerced".

Until that changes to "was found guily of" there's nothing to see here but conspiracy stories and bullshit.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Both Google and him denies it.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

What a world huh. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Well would ya look at that, it's like the earth is still spinning and the sky is still blue. People being shitty is not new news.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s