Really Linus?

AskTJ

So I watched the Wan Show and was looking for the timestamps in the comment, and found a top comment saying 45:40. I watched it and saw what Linus said.

45:40

Script:

Linus: "You could go to the store, buy an RTX, whatever the crap and review it."

Riley: "Do you want me to do that?"

Linus: "No. I don't. Because we're going to have Anthony do it because he is far more qualified."

Riley: " *Sighs* Okay. *Sad and awkward face*."

I personally see this as rude and unprofessional, especially being in front of a big audience, live, and then seeing Riley's reaction really made me feel bad, as well as multiple people commenting after the video and during the stream. Sure, Linus can be a douche and rude, on and off camera, but this wasn't a nice way to treat Riley, especially with his reaction. You have to give it to Riley though, for shrugging it off, drinking his beverage and continuing on with the stream, but that one moment really made him feel uncomfortable and feel small. It might've been a joke, and most likely was, but it wasn't taken as one.

Linus, 

Image result for think before you talk

(@LinusTech)

hi.

painful.png

Saying that with just a straight face, without even looking at Riley and also laughing afterwards.

Damn, I feel hurt.
Hurt inside.

I listened to the stream without watching the video earlier,

But now i feel the pain.

DAMN LINUS!

This is because of the Chevy Volt.
If only you bought a HONDA!

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

I don't understand the problem. I'm sure Riley can do it but there's a reason why they hired people, for example, I was hired back in September of last to help replace someone because they weren't fully qualified to continue working there. Their level of IT skills wasn't enough to get them the higher paid job. Thankfully it was only a contract job because working there was bad.. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

TLDR; it was just some on-screen friendly banter between the pair.

Except the problem is that it did not look friendly and did not sound friendly. Whatever their professional and personal relationship might be as the background for this exchange doesn't change the fact that it looked serious and it sounded serious.

Like I said in the original WAN show thread, they might be fine and ok with it and it just sounded worse than it really was but there is a reason the top YT comments under that video are what they are just like there is a reason people commented on it in the original WAN thread and made additional topic here.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

3 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

Like I said in the original WAN show thread, they might be fine and ok with it and it just sounded worse than it really was but there is a reason the top YT comments under that video are what they are just like there is a reason people commented on it in the original WAN thread and made additional topic here.

It doesn't really matter what you think though. Anyone who thinks it's serious is wrong.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

It doesn't really matter what you think though. Anyone who thinks it's serious is wrong.

Doesn't matter what we think but it should matter to Linus that out of entire 1h of content people are only talking about how he treated Riley. 

Just look at YT comments, how does it take to scroll to something that isn't related to this exchange?

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

People who are upset about this need to get thicker skin. Everyone in that work place give each other hard times. You don't think people make fun of Linus?  Seriously....grow thicker skin and move on.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

That part wasn't even so popping up to me. Riley clearly isn't comfortable for live audience. The whole show was joking around with Riley not being sure how far he should go as they don't have power of editor on their aid.

(I've posted in doc thread before watching the show.)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Lathlaer said:

Just look at YT comments, how does it take to scroll to something that isn't related to this exchange?

Because that's how YouTube is. All anyone talked about on the last Scrapyard Wars in the comments was the Switch promo girl, despite it not being interesting.

You've found a molehill and you keep trying to convince everyone it's a mountain. Just stop whining about it and people will move on.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 hour ago, Lathlaer said:

Doesn't matter what we think but it should matter to Linus that out of entire 1h of content people are only talking about how he treated Riley. 

why are people being offended on behalf of Riley? it was nothing but friendly bather, are you saying you've never been jokingly mean to a friend? do they mope and cry afterwards? no, they "act" upset and then immediately laugh about it.

5 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

Like I said in the original WAN show thread, they might be fine and ok with it and it just sounded worse than it really was but there is a reason the top YT comments under that video are what they are just like there is a reason people commented on it

because the world is too goddamn sensitive these days. everyone has to be offended about something even if it doesn't directly affect them

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Linus should have said something different and not what he said.

It does come down it is his company and he can choose who does what.

Had Riley just laughed it off with a "ouch" like what Luke usually does, nobody would be talking about this. He got roasted on air, nothing new for LTT, just like how Linus and Luke roast each other constantly and how Linus got roasted during the Netlinked days and now during TechLinked, by Riley and co.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Jesus some people have thin skin.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

10 hours ago, AskTJ said:

Image result for think before you talk

I'm sure Linus knew EXACTLY how Riley would feel when he said that line man

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

@AskTJ

Fun fact. Some people have a thicker skin than others.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

the Wan Show

Show

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

5 hours ago, Arika S said:

why are people being offended on behalf of Riley? it was nothing but friendly bather, are you saying you've never been jokingly mean to a friend?

If it is only maybe once a day then things like that are easy to shrug off, but if it's constently it can start to get through.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

Personally, I didn't like seeing this. It kinda makes me think more of how Linus acts as a day to day person instead of an on-screen personality. It makes me wonder what the hell would happen and how I would feel if I was to work for LMG or even just work with Linus as a partner/sponsor.

I'm really, really not seeing this come across as a joke at all. Linus holds a straight face, as well as not making a smirk or just pushing the whole "Aaaaayyyy only joking mate" type of stuff, along with quicky just moving along on the topic. It's not polite. It's not professional and it's certainly not appropriate to say in front of a live audience. It's almost shaming the poor guy, saying someone is better than he is. That's like me saying right to Linus' face "Actually I'm going to watch Austin Evans review and not yours as he does far more better reviews on [product area]". It's not nice, and it makes me look like an asshole.

I really feel for Riley. I've been in the same situation time and time again of constantly being told "No.", and it really gets me down.

"Oh no, someone said the truth, must make topic about it!"

What Linus said was true, guys tend to joke around their friends and Riley has been awkward in every single video I have seen, so what's the fuss?

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

CPU: i7 4790k 

GPU: Gigabyte Windforce3 GTX 1080

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance 1600MHz (@1333Mhz) + 8GB Balisticx Sport or something 1333MHz

MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

PSU: 1000W EVGA 1000G 80+ GOLD

Case: Dark Base 700

Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler + Standard Case Fans

Drives: Intel SSD5 180GB (Boot Drive) + Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD + Seagate Baracuda 4TB HDD

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow RGB 2013

Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB

Speakers: Creative T15 Bluetooth Speakers

Microphone: Samson Meteor Mic

Monitor: AOC G2590VXQ 75Hz + ASUS VS247 + Shitty Generic 1080p 60Hz TV

LED Controller: NZXT HUE+