POLL: Do you keep your PC on the floor or desk?

reniat

Do you keep your PC on the floor or desk?  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Floor or desk?

• Floor (including PCs on top of stuff at floor level.)
    • Desk

On my desk. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

On the floor. It's carpet but i bought a 5 dollar ikea shelf (that doesn't come with mountimg hardware) and set it on top of that. It helped with my old case since it sucked air from the bottom but my new case intakes from the bottom side edges instead of directly from under the case. feels sturdier and safer on the shelf though

1 minute ago, Rangaman42 said:

No not at all. There's not much to look at with a simple case and no window but I'm extremely minimal and I can't stand clutter at all, it really messes with my head so if something can be hidden, it will be.

I attribute it to mild OCD, a neat freak mother and a little too much acid.

Get a windowed case?    You've never known joy until you spend more time than you'd care to admit watching your case fans spinning.  ? lol

I know that OCD feel..  Idk for sure that I have it but I strongly suspect.  My mom is not a neat freak but I kind of wish she was at least a little bit.  Say no to drugs.

I wouldn't consider a computer tower to be clutter.  Unless your cable management is bad enough to scare small children.  ?

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Get a windowed case?    You've never known joy until you spend more time than you'd care to admit watching your case fans spinning.  ? lol

I know that OCD feel..  Idk for sure that I have it but I strongly suspect.  My mom is not a neat freak but I kind of wish she was at least a little bit.  Say no to drugs.

I wouldn't consider a computer tower to be clutter.  Unless your cable management is bad enough to scare small children.  ?

So it's a black case, which makes the room feel heavy and tight (I live with my girlfriend in a small apartment) and I love the feel of a big glass desk with just my keyboard, screen, mouse and speakers on it. And the KB+mouse sit on one of those massive mousepads which is much softer than glass.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

4 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

On my desk. 

Why does everyone get a desk but me?  ? lol

1 minute ago, Rangaman42 said:

So it's a black case, which makes the room feel heavy and tight (I live with my girlfriend in a small apartment) and I love the feel of a big glass desk with just my keyboard, screen, mouse and speakers on it. And the KB+mouse sit on one of those massive mousepads which is much softer than glass.

Heavy and tight is bad right?    You could get a happy white case like mine?

I don't have a desk so I can't get a giant soft mousepad...  

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

Heavy and tight is bad right?    You could get a happy white case like mine?

I don't have a desk so I can't get a giant soft mousepad...  

Yeah I may end up doing that. Ideally I want something really small, I may move to an ITX Ryzen system eventually.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Both computers are on the floor.  One under the desk, and the other beside the desk.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Hanging?!

tmp_1961-20170210_2334411662490100.jpg

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Next to the desk, but not exactly on the floor. I made a wooden box about 18 cm in height as a riser.

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

tmp_1961-20170210_2334411662490100.jpg

That is. Fractal Define R. Great case. 4 or 5?

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is that duct tape and a pet bed I see?  

The holder is steel and has scratched last case I had. Duct tape is holding closed cell foam padding in place.

And the thing on floor is thermo-blanket. To keep my feet warm when it's -20c outside and room gets drafty.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

The holder is steel and has scratched last case I had. Duct tape is holding closed cell foam padding in place.

And the thing on floor is thermo-blanket. To keep my feet warm when it's -20c outside and room gets drafty.

Ah.  Defintely don't want to scratch your case if you csn avoid it.  It's nice to keep your computer looking good.  

Sorry.  I guess I didn't look closely enough.  For some reason I thought it looked more like a small bed thing my parents got for one of their dogs.  

A heated blanket or pad is a very nice idea.  My feet get cold sometimes too and having an electric heated blanket is very nice in the winter.  My "room" is in our basement so it can get a bit chilly down here sometimes.  Though I like it a bit on the chily side so I never use the blanket any higher than the lowest few settings.  

Under the desk. Don't have the space to put it on top of it, and I have a pretty big case.

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

On 3/7/2017 at 11:02 PM, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

I have mine on top of my dresser.. xD

lmao me too for now

CPU: i7-7700k 5.0Ghz, Cooling: Corsair H115i, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming M7, RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Storage: 240GB MyDigitalSSD NVMe M.2, Two 2TB Seagate HDD, PSU: EVGA 850w G2, Case: Phanteks Luxe Tempered Glass, Display: 22" 1080p Samsung S22C350 (NOT for long lol) Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB, Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS, Sound: Corsair VOID + 2.1 Channel Speaker System, OS: Windows 10
PCPartPicker List

2 hours ago, mealto said:

That is. Fractal Define R. Great case. 4 or 5?

R4. And before you ask, I have 2 USB hubs so I don't need to use front panel headers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 08/03/2017 at 4:01 AM, reniat said:

I've got my PC on the floor under my desk. Not ideal, but I have a cat and a very tall case (HAF 932 adv) and i'm paranoid of my cat jumping onto the top, causing it to topple over. Especially since I have my radiator on the top, so it's outputting nice warm air.

Where do you guys place yours?

I put mine on a shelf next to my desk mainly because if it's in my desk i don't look at it and don't remember to clean it plus i have a dog that also likes the warm are coming out of it.

on my desk behind my secondary monitor

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

On the bed on the floor and a towel by the door. In the tub, in the car, up against the minibar

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

On 3/7/2017 at 11:01 PM, reniat said:

I've got my PC on the floor under my desk. Not ideal, but I have a cat and a very tall case (HAF 932 adv) and i'm paranoid of my cat jumping onto the top, causing it to topple over. Especially since I have my radiator on the top, so it's outputting nice warm air.

Where do you guys place yours?

Mines on my desk next to me. I need to gaze upon the gloriousness

Cosmo II , so huge and heavy , it's on the floor , and i am afraid the floor is suffering :D

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

Phanteks Enthoo Primo its basically as tall as my desk xD

WIN_20170104_00_03_44_Pro.jpg

i7-6700k | Cooler Master 212x | ASUS ROG Strix 1080 | 16 gigs Avexir Raiden Green RAM (because plasma tubes always improve performance) | ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA | Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Green

Build Pre Water Cooling: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/np9J7P