Elon Musk is sending teams to assist with the Thailand cave rescue

Fasterthannothing

Elon Musk has offered assistance in the rescue of the boys' soccer team trapped in a cave in Thailand. Engineers from SpaceXand The Boring Company will travel to the country on Saturday to help with what is becoming an increasingly perilous rescue effort. As CNN reports, conditions are becoming life-threatening, with a former navy diver involved in the operation losing his life after a sudden drop in oxygen levels underground.

According to Musk, technicians may be able to utilize a Tesla-made battery pack to increase the pump rate of water out of the cave. He also discussed the possibility of inserting a nylon tube into the cave to fill it with air, "like a bouncy castle". In a tweet, he said he was "happy to help if there is a way to do so."

Leave it to Elon to engineer a way out of this horrible situation. I think it's fantastic that he's jumping in to help. If anyone can figure out how to get them out it's him and his team. Im becoming more and more convinced everyday that he might be the real Batman /s. But seriously he has a great track record of making the impossible happen and engineering incredible things so I have high hopes he can get the team to safety. 

Link to article: https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/06/elon-musk-engineers-thailand-cave-rescue/

He'll pull them out with a SpaceX rocket. Lol.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Neat but I'm pretty sure a power pack isn't really what the pumps need but hey maybe they do, what do I know sitting here in the sun

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

This will come down to using engineers to come up with a good solution to the water problem, not using Musk technology to help. A generator would be able to supply much more energy per unit space and fuel. A Boring device would take months to arrive, a battery pack would be impractical and rockets or flamethrowers are not the best combination when you have little air.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the concept, but if you put a super long airtight tube in water and try to inflate it, won't the water pressure make it exceedingly difficult to keep pressurized - ie: unlike a bouncy castle which only has 1atm of external pressure to deal with? + the depth differentials along the tube naturally segmenting the tube with higher pressure regions?

You mean he was invited? Elon didn't send any teams, the governor requested them as he has a friend who works there. Elon lost a lot of credibility recently, with his "no fucks" attitude. 

-Thread cleaned-

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

No Trolling

• This includes flame wars such as NVIDIA vs AMD, political or religious debate.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 hour ago, SC2Mitch said:

You mean he was invited? Elon didn't send any teams, the governor requested them as he has a friend who works there. Elon lost a lot of credibility recently, with his "no fucks" attitude. 

You're arguing semantics in order to twist the situation to fit your narrative. Whether he wanted to before or not, Musk could not have sent people in without first being invited. Sending unwanted and unwelcome people into situations like this is liable to cause more problems than it would solve.

16 minutes ago, Derangel said:

You're arguing semantics in order to twist the situation to fit your narrative. Whether he wanted to before or not, Musk could not have sent people in without first being invited. Sending unwanted and unwelcome people into situations like this is liable to cause more problems than it would solve.

But it wouldn't be fair to say, "HAIL ELON, our overlord and master, for he has sent his technology and people to save the starving souls of Thailand all on his own! They'll be out by tomorrow!" You know the Musk fan boys will do this, and you know that they'll forget about all of the other people behind the operation just like they do for SpaceX and Tesla. Mitch is just clarifying.

It doesn't sound like Elon's team is tasked with much that isn't already being done anyway. There are already pumps in the cave for both water and oxygen. And I'm not saying what his team is doing is worthless, but for the hype that the fanboys will make, it really isn't all that.

16 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

But it wouldn't be fair to say, "HAIL ELON, our overlord and master, for he has sent his technology and people to save the starving souls of Thailand all on his own! They'll be out by tomorrow!" You know the Musk fan boys will do this,

no one is doing this or saying this here. I am a musk fan but that's just assuming that because I like musk I'm willing to jump off a cliff with him, and I'm not that stupid

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

6 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

"We're free!!!! yaaaaaaaay wait why is IT NOT STOPPING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"oh, while you were in the cave we made a contract about the Mars mission, didn't you read it?" 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Musk is such an attention whore. He does everything to stay in the news. 

2 hours ago, Derangel said:

A recent update has emerged, while officials have been pumping water out of the cave, some unregistered volunteers have been pumping water back in.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

As this is only tenuously tech news, and there has been very little on topic discussion (either in the removed posts or the posts remaining), I'm afraid I'm going to have to lock this. If you would like to discuss the Tesla unionisation issue, I would encourage you to create a new topic in Off Topic, but if you do, please try to keep the discussion productive, and avoid descending into a flame war (in which both parties are convinced that the other party is missing the point).

HTTP/2 203