Common technology that you've never actually used/owned

light-v

Is facebook technology? if so its FB , Twit and other socials 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

People actually use Roombas??? And why in God's name do you need a garbage disposal in your sink!? Just don't throw crap down the drain xD

That's an F in the profile pic

a dishwasher uhh microwave or electric oven, air conditioner, those halogen/infrared heaters, I guess that counts as tech

then let's say a modern phone or iphone, videogame consoles except for an old famicom I managed to restore when I was a kid, idk, netflix and spotify are programs but might be considered too

a fan hub, wireless internet and I guess there are others to add

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

The Pro 3 and up are unlocked. It'd be (relatively speaking) easy to run Ubuntu or Android x86 on it.

Interesting. Thanks! Will it run something like Linux Mint (Cinnamon)?

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

On 18/04/2018 at 2:12 PM, thegreengamers said:

I bought an SSD, tried to copy my Windows installation over, and ended up making my hard drive unbootable. Now I just use my hard drive for everything, and it's surprisingly fast for a 5400rpm drive.

Well  cloning is not a simple task. I did it recently on two drives and let me tell you it was a pain in the ass. There is no guide anywhere that encompasses all the steps to do the cloning process without hiccups. I made my own recently. Here the process if you are interested.(this was previously written to someone who wanted help for that and kept it because it seemed useful even to me who now know the god damn way to do it):

Spoiler

I recently cloned 2 os drive and it was a pain but i figured out how to do the cloning process:

0- back up what you dont want to move from the hard drive to the ssd to anohter drive or an external drive

1-download and install acronis true image at the link right here:http://www.adata.com/us/ss/software-5/

2-open the software and select the cloning utility. From there select the source drive(drive you wish to clone-in this case your hdd) and the target drive(the one you want to clone to-your ssd in this case) start the cloning process. The software will ask to reboot. After it does its thing, shut down the pc.

3-remove your hard drive(unplug it) and try to boot from the ssd. If it boots move to the next step. (it should work. If it does not, seek help). If it boots into windows, shut down your pc and plug your hard drive and go to next step.

4(this should be done in the first place but I put it there for whatever reason) -prepare a usb drive with windows 10 either by using the windows 10 utility or using rufus if you have a windows 10 iso on hand. Here are the respective links:

Windows 10 media creation tool( cant put the link. Currently on mobile and the site is redirecting me to another link)

Or

Rufus(ifyou have a windows iso already downloaded) :https://rufus.akeo.ie

5-plug in your usb drive and boot from it. Start the windows install process until you reach the poiny where it asksyou which drive you wish to instll it on. DO NOT INSTALL IT, you only want to format the hard drive. After you formated the main partition of the hard drive and deleted the secondary partitions, exit the windows installer and reboot

6- boot into windows. Follow these steps: Open an elevated command prompt by right-clicking Command Prompt and then choosing Run as Administrator.

Type diskpart. If the disk does not contain any partitions or volumes, skip to step 6.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Note the disk number you want to convert.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.

At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.

At the DISKPART prompt, type convert gpt.

7- exit the command prompt and open the file manager. Right click on my pc and select "Manage". From there select storage. You should see a list of thgr drives in the drive in the bottom. Choose the one that is marked at unallocated. Right click on it, create a new volume and follow all the steps. Once this is done exit.

All is done at this point and you should have a system with an ssd and an empty hard drive ready to be written on.

Sorry for the long write up buy Ive had enough problems with this so wanted to simplify your life

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Never used or owned...

Xbox One

Any playstation after the original

NES

Windows phone

Good audio gear

Car

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

3 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Interesting. Thanks! Will it run something like Linux Mint (Cinnamon)?

Yeah, though not sure how well the drivers for the tablet work under the various Mint distros.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

12 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

So you can put bunnies on them

Thats one hell of a fat bunny

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:40 PM, Blackie Sheen said:

Thats one hell of a fat bunny

Wrong post. Sorry!

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

On 4/19/2018 at 6:43 AM, Cole5 said:

never watched a blue ray or a owned a dedicated player

But I mean, if you have an Xbox one you have a blu ray player lol

I refuse to use GPS either when driving or hiking. For driving I don't see what's so hard about pulling over and reading a map and for hiking no way I'd ever want to go into the wilderness without knowing map and compass skills.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:35 PM, Drak3 said:

Yeah, though not sure how well the drivers for the tablet work under the various Mint distros.

Again, thanks! It will be something I will have to keep in mind should I get a feral follicle shaft up my onager and decide I need a tablet.

Jeannie

Smart watches, 10 gigabit ethernet, mesh wireless APs, high refresh rate monitors, Bixby, list goes on...

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

7 hours ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Smart watches, 10 gigabit ethernet, mesh wireless APs, high refresh rate monitors, Bixby, list goes on...

Not a single one of those things are common.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Mid to high end western smartphones.

Never bought them, probably never will.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Never used or Owned the following :

-Blu Rays, never had it, be it a console or stand alone player.

-Mechanical Keyboards. Maybe when I buy a new PC... But never had one so far.

-Wireless peripherals, be it headphones, keyboards or mice.
-Laser printer. Still using inkjet.

-Personal "Assistants" like Siri, Cortana, Alexa, GoogleHome, Bixby, don't care for those, never used them, ever.

-No consoles past the Wii.

-Dishwashers, still doing it by hands...

-Bluetooth speakers. Why do these exist, other than to annoy everyone around you?

-Battery bank, to charge your phones and what not.

-"Internet of Thing" crap, fuck 'em. Keep your spies out of my home.

-Dedicated Webcams. Other than the one that came bundled in my laptop, which I promptly physically unplugged to render it useless, never had one.

-Dedicated Cameras. Be it a GoPro or a Canon camera, never had one.

-Selfie Sticks. I don't even take pictures to begin with. Is that even tech?

-Fitness Trackers. hahahahaha. No.

-Anything VR. Be it google cardbox or cheap VR headsets for a smartphone, never used it.

-Anything 3D TV. The only "3D" I've seen, is at a sixflag park with the dino theater thingy.

-Coffee/tea machines. Or really any machine that produce hot water just for the sake of a beverage.

and a lot more, especially the "latest" tech.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Some things are really worth it... like laser printers versus inkjet ... would never use inkjet (never owned one, but had friends... my laser printers all had no problems ever while friends always had cleaning heads issues, stressing with refilling cartridges etc)

Also those ovens that cook food with halogen lights and air, those really do work and are worth the money .. but cleaning them if you don't have a dish washing machine really sucks, and the halogen bulb can break (mine died after around 8 months) and then you may just as well buy another)

with everyone getting interested in to photoshooting and such I have never owned a high end camera 

and I will never buy one...

I will just snap a pic using my phone and call it a day. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

twitter

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Any console past the PS2

Selfie garbage

VR or 3D stuff

Personal beverage machines (Keurig and the likes)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: