Ethan from H3H3 needs to be saved from a MacBook

On their most recent podcast episode, H3 Podcast #56 at 49:23, they talk about how Hila has a new MacBook that cost like $3,500. Ethan said he is considering a new one because his gaming laptop is too heavy, trackpad sucks, etc. Post Malone actually tries to dissuade him for a minute.

In a previous podcast, sorry I couldn't find the clip, he said he was looking for recommendations for a competitor for that MacBook. They were considering reviewing the two laptops in a video. Maybe LTT could do a collab?

Linus, could you please tweet him or make a video saying that he doesn't need to buy a MacBook and you could recommend him something better at a similar price?

1 minute ago, ChicagoDeepDishPizza said:

On their most recent podcast episode, H3 Podcast #56 at 49:23, they talk about how Hila has a new MacBook that cost like $3,500. Ethan said he is considering a new one because his gaming laptop is too heavy, trackpad sucks, etc. Post Malone actually tries to dissuade him for a minute.

In a previous podcast, sorry I couldn't find the clip, he said he was looking for recommendations for a competitor for that MacBook. They were considering reviewing the two laptops in a video. Maybe LTT could do a collab?

Linus, could you please tweet him or make a video saying that he doesn't need to buy a MacBook and you could recommend him something better at a similar price?

If he's got the money why not let him go with a MacBook? I think for video production they're not too bad especially if you want to try FinalCut. It's not like Ethan is down to his last $3500 and needs to spend it on the best possible price/performance machine.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

I would get a MacBook for a laptop over a Windows alternative any day of the week. 

Windows 10 simply isn’t reliable enough for me to trust it on my mobile work station. Not to mention booting up and having to update whenever MS wants. 

Also FinalCut makes a PC with significantly better specs running Premiere seem like a scam.

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

<removed>

20 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

If he's got the money why not let him go with a MacBook? I think for video production they're not too bad especially if you want to try FinalCut. It's not like Ethan is down to his last $3500 and needs to spend it on the best possible price/performance machine.

I think its more to compete with his wife than a money thing. Also, I am pretty sure he does a lot of gaming.

Edited by SansVarnic

Just now, ChicagoDeepDishPizza said:

Its news

I think its more to compete with his wife than a money thing. Also, I am pretty sure he does a lot of gaming.

Yeah but he cleary has a gaming desktop that he plays video games on, I wouldn't think he'd also need a gaming laptop just for probably web browsing and shit posting.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

6 hours ago, Theguywhobea said:

Yeah but he cleary has a gaming desktop that he plays video games on, I wouldn't think he'd also need a gaming laptop just for probably web browsing and shit posting.

In the podcast his wife said he has a gaming laptop. So, I think he wants something powerful?

6 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Well he said his gaming laptop was too heavy, so he is considering getting a Macbook.

Why can't people just respect his decision? You have to consider his position and whether he is paying or getting paid to go for a Macbook.

I don't think he has bought anything yet. I really wish I could find that clip of him saying he wanted to do a versus with his wife so they could compare a MacBook with a newer generation windows machine.

I say let them do what they wish to do. Don’t wear their shoes for them and tell them how to spend their money. If they realize how wrong they were for buying one, that’s on them.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

1 minute ago, Hiitchy said:

I say let them do what they wish to do. Don’t wear their shoes for them and tell them how to spend their money. If they realize how wrong they were for buying one, that’s on them.

I just think Linus could help him out and it would make a cool collab video.

You're right.

He needs an iMac Pro.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, ChicagoDeepDishPizza said:

Its news

No it's not.

Thread moved to off-topic

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

No it's not.

Thread moved to off-topic

Smoother transition than ad spots on the WAN Show. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, Fooshi said:

ThinkPad or bust.

MacBook or bust! 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Razer blade for the same price sounds like a smart alternative. Haha

macs are pretty good for general use. Just not quite for gaming. 

I mean, it sounds like for his purposes, he'd prefer a MacBook anyway. It may not be the financially smartest choice to make, but I'm sure the guy has the income to afford it. 

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

4 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

MacBook or bust! 

Dell Latitude 7000 series is where it's at.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

11 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Windows 10 simply isn’t reliable enough for me to trust it on my mobile work station. Not to mention booting up and having to update whenever MS wants. 

When you are a professional, you get a win 10 pro not win 10 home. Then you just disable all updates in settings. Yes it sucks that in win 10 home you cant do it, but if you are a pro just get win 10 pro. You also get bitlocker, remote desktop etc.

2 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

When you are a professional, you get a win 10 pro not win 10 home. Then you just disable all updates in settings. Yes it sucks that in win 10 home you cant do it, but if you are a pro just get win 10 pro. You also get bitlocker, remote desktop etc.

macOS you don't have to do anything and you don't have to install updates ever and every Mac gets access to FileVault. 

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

macOS you don't have to do anything and you don't have to install updates ever and every Mac gets access to FileVault. 

I get it mac runs through your veins, just saying that you can disable the windows updates on the pro version, and updaye only when you want to.

8 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Dell Latitude 7000 series is where it's at.

486 tower is where it’s at.

.... wait.... what year is it? 

Ethan is a video editor that likes to move to several different locations so he naturally needs a laptop for editing. If he can afford it he can do worst than a macbook. Even I think this is a bit extreme in it's zeal just chill.

-------

Current Rig

-------