Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

lol we have like 4 lawn mowers and we have never even thought about that, also it would probably not help much as gets down to -25C around here but hey they work so whatever

That's the best attitude ever. :lol: "Fuck it, it works."

:lol: I got some actually. Lemme go stuff tannerite in someone's cylinders. Brb. :P

get the camera first

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Did you do any winterizing? Carbs dont like to sit.

Ours mostly started burning oil. Usually drained the carb before i started using it in the summer but other than that i really couldn't give any less fucks. It is a lawn mower.

The first one i had was a honda. Never went wrong once.. Until it got stolen

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

That's the best attitude ever. :lol: "Fuck it, it works."

it's the Swedish way!

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Ours mostly started burning oil. Usually drained the carb before i started using it in the summer but other than that i really couldn't give any less fucks. It is a lawn mower.

The first one i had was a honda. Never went wrong once.. Until it got stolen

There it is...

Try draining the carb before winter. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

As i was looking around Blocket (Swedish craigslist) i was looking at a lot of nice pictures of cars that looked damn near pristine

But then i thought about this 

HFSxEuh.jpg

Almost looks new right?. Wrong

Had 11 faults on its last inspection.

Gearbox blew up second and fourth gear

And rusty like you wouldn't believe

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

There it is...

Try draining the carb before winter. 

Nah. A good lawnmower is one that i couldn't give two shits about. (I am very particular about my chainsaws though)

And i currently live in an apartment. Not having to cut grass FTW!

As i was looking around Blocket (Swedish craigslist) i was looking at a lot of nice pictures of cars that looked damn near pristine

HFSxEuh.jpg

but... But... VOLVO!!!!!!! Also you can get a running car on blocket for less than $700 sometimes

Builds:

Spoiler

but... But... VOLVO!!!!!!! Also you can get a running car on blocket for less than $700 sometimes

This one was 450$

My friend bought an old 240 with a torsen diff for 250$ xD

And the 740 wasn't a TiC so crushing it wasn't a major loss. (Made money on it by selling the engine which had volvo 850 injectors^^)

This one was 450$

My friend bought an old 240 with a torsen diff for 250$ xD

And the 740 wasn't a TiC so crushing it wasn't a major loss. (Made money on it by selling the engine which had volvo 850 injectors^^)

just found this on blocket http://m.blocket.se/skaraborg/Mitsubishi_Lancer_Evolution_8_Time_Attack_61410033.htm?ca=3&w=3 it's puuuuuurtee

Builds:

Spoiler

I was at an auto cross on sunday, and someone had their BRZ in the shop and had a Chevy Malibu rental car. He autocrossed it anyway!

Here is a video with 4 instructors "helping" him navigate the track......

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

Looks nice^^

2354716136.jpg

2348472645.jpg

2338265491.jpg

2382282360.jpg

2386350167.jpg

Looks like a full on time attack build too

I was at an auto cross on sunday, and someone had their BRZ in the shop and had a Chevy Malibu rental car. He autocrossed it anyway!

Here is a video with 4 instructors "helping" him navigate the track......

Fastest car in the world right there xD

Looks nice^^

Looks like a full on time attack build too

yah it looks really nice

Builds:

Spoiler

exactly the point - it's nothing but branding. Japanese culture doesn't want them seen in other brands, even from far distant markets

Nissan makes competing products to Mitsubishi (most common in America probably being forklifts)

They surely named it right... "Mitsubishi Dignity"

2013-mitsubishi-dignity_600x0w.jpg

Change the grille and badge, then add a hybrid drivetrain...

27.jpg

Plug in Infiniti styling...

29d1331e20cc69dcb6808bcd6f8064c6x.jpg

I did say decent... the vanilla Lancer is crap compared to almost anything else in the segment

@Statik

System: Thinkpad T460

Mitsubishi Motor is actually churning a profit now as they are getting healthy sales in the developing parts of Asia (the ASEAN region in particular). They offer low pricing, a recognizable brand, and a stable parts network. They made 1.3B dollars last year, for example.

I think they will keep doing this for now, as it is what made them make money (they were bleeding money when they were trying to compete in developed markets).

Isuzu is also doing well in the ASEAN region (they no longer sell Pickups, MPVs and SUVs in most other markets).

yes, you are correct.  all of my comments were about mitsu in the US... I should have specified

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

HFSxEuh.jpg

Well duh, it has racing stickers, so you'd assume the guy was racing the car and blowing 2nd and 4th on the tranny. But who knows, maybe he was just driving like a jackass on the streets.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well duh, it has racing stickers, so you'd assume the guy was racing the car and blowing 2nd and 4th on the tranny. But who knows, maybe he was just driving like a jackass on the streets.

That is my old car.

Previous owner was more into making the exterior "Cool" and less into actually maintaining it

That is my old car.

Previous owner was more into making the exterior "Cool" and less into actually maintaining it

Yeah, then you would expect a blown tranny and rust on that car if he doesn't care about maintaining it

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

that's just something we put on everything here in Sweden :P

Builds:

Spoiler

Yeah, then you would expect a blown tranny and rust on that car if he doesn't care about maintaining it

The point was that it looks nice in the picture. Like most car ads xD

Blew the gears out when i tried to pass a skoda

The plan was to rev match, Downshift to third and floor it.

Instead it turned into rev match, Shift knob comes off mid shift. Left leg automatically releases the clutch and the right one floors the gas.

Resulting in the most horrible sound i have ever heard in my life. 

And these gearboxes are usually pretty bulletproof. So those gears might've been on the way out anyway

Do we consider supermotos allowed around here?

UzlV2EQ.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Do we consider supermotos allowed around here?

--snip--

It is a motorcycle. So yes

And it is a KTM so it is more than welcome