Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Darn. Anyone know of a cheap engine and turbo that I can blow up for fun?

That's the fun part! :D

Don't know about the us but the Volvo B230FT is a pretty cheap engine. (And a really fun one at that)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Mitsubishi Motors will and always exist as the outlet for Mitsubishi CEO's to be seen in their own company cars, not as a full on car manufacturer. Mitsubishi is a huge engineering/manufacturing company - their (culture can't let) execs/ceo's be seen driving around in a competitor's car, they need something with their own brand name on it

Luxo Mitsubishis are rebadged Nissans though. That is what their Execs use.

Darn. Anyone know of a cheap engine and turbo that I can blow up for fun?

That's the fun part! :D

10HP briggs and stratton + small turbo from a diesel tractor + go cart = spectacular. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Don't know about the us but the Volvo B230FT is a pretty cheap engine. (And a really fun one at that)

wait I just noticed your name, are you possibly a fellow swede? You mentioned Volvo... :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10HP briggs and stratton + small turbo from a diesel tractor + go cart = spectacular.

ok how much is that? I just might skip upgrading my PC for that. ;P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Why have a go kart.. I just want the thing to explode.

Why have a go kart.. I just want the thing to explode.

because awesome?

Builds:

Spoiler

Would probably blow up before the turbo got anywhere near it if my experience with the 2.5hp ones are anything to go by..

wait I just noticed your name, are you possibly a fellow swede? You mentioned Volvo... :P

I'm a danish person that grew up and currently live in sweden^^ 

Now your location makes sense xD 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Because 'Murica, explosions, fuck yeah.

how about buying some explosives instead? Or fireworks?

Builds:

Spoiler

how about buying some explosives instead? Or fireworks?

That's not as fun. Plus I'm too young to buy Tannerite. Dx

Would probably blow up before the turbo got anywhere near it if my experience with the 2.5hp ones are anything to go by..

I'm a danish person that grew up and currently live in sweden^^

Now your location makes sense xD

that's awesome Ellet vänta svenska! No but let's keep it English here I guess

Builds:

Spoiler

That's not as fun. Plus I'm too young to buy Tannerite. Dx

ok how about buying a lawn mower and turboing that?

Builds:

Spoiler

ok how about buying a lawn mower and turboing that?

Do you know how deadly that is?! LAW MOWERS HAVE BLADES MAN.

Luxo Mitsubishis are rebadged Nissans though. That is what their Execs use.

exactly the point - it's nothing but branding. Japanese culture doesn't want them seen in other brands, even from far distant markets

Nissan makes competing products to Mitsubishi (most common in America probably being forklifts)

yes they have and you can remove them with a screw, also how about putting that on YouTube? 1milion views in an instant :P title, stupid American turbows lawn mower and it's not happy or something similar xD

Builds:

Spoiler

yes they have and you can remove them with a screw, also how about putting that on YouTube? 1milion views in an instant :P title, stupid American turbows lawn mower and it's not happy or something similar xD

"not happy"

lol

I have had great luck with Briggs engines. *Shrugs*

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

that's awesome Ellet vänta svenska! No but let's keep it English here I guess

Yeah lets keep it english. But its nice to have another person from the car enthusiast version of North Korea at least

Just remove the blades^^ 

Just remove the blades^^ 

I like how the concern is the blades, not the exploding chunk of metal.

I have had great luck with Briggs engines. *Shrugs*

Might be that ours just sit all winter that causes problems

I like how the concern is the blades, not the exploding chunk of metal.

Wear protective glasses

Might be that ours just sit all winter that causes problems

Did you do any winterizing? Carbs dont like to sit.

Did you do any winterizing? Carbs dont like to sit.

lol we have like 4 lawn mowers and we have never even thought about that, also it would probably not help much as gets down to -25C around here but hey they work so whatever

Builds:

Spoiler