Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Cheap/thin wheels getting snapped make me chuckle.

#same

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I heard one at a car show in Massachusetts. Good Lord it was loud and growled. It was beautiful.

You live in Mass? I recommend going to Larz Anderson on their Themed-car days, and Cars & Coffee. 

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Those look like XXR's

A friend of mine had a pair of XXR's on his WRX wagon. He was driving to school and hit a pothole @ ~40mph. Boom, wheel snapped. Wrapped the car around a telephone pole. Plus I've heard other countless horror stories of them snapping at track days. Makes me shudder

XXRs are kinda notorious for being really shitty wheel. They're just cheap, awfully made knockoffs of other wheels.

Just a heads up for everyone. Yes, they look good and they're really cheap, but there is a reason no one uses them in autocross. I cringe every time is see them on a car at a car meet, which is a lot. All those poor Miatas and Evos.. even saw an RS5 wearing XXR 533s. *shudder*

vD0xc9x.jpg

b5NZsOD.jpg

--snip--

Wheels are the one component never to cheap out on IMO

Yeah. I think i'll stick with my Lorinser RS90s. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

You live in Mass? I recommend going to Larz Anderson on their Themed-car days, and Cars & Coffee.

I used to. Favorite place I've lived at.

I've seen a MB with those. I like them.

I've seen a MB with those. I like them.

Yeah^^ they are pretty nice. Some still sell for around 700-900$ a set

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Good. And I'll stick with my Style 65s, Mille Miglia 1000s and Borbet Type Es  ;)

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Yeah^^ they are pretty nice. Some still sell for around 700-900$ a set

And I think it was an E36 AMG Coupe :)

PAGE 74

0912phr_34_o%2020_affordable_project_car

Good. And I'll stick with my Style 65s, Mille Miglia 1000s and Borbet Type Es  ;)

The type Es came as an option on volvos for a few years.. They are everywhere xD

And I think it was an E36 AMG Coupe :)

You saw them on my car as well :P

Wheels are the one component never to cheap out on IMO.

Tires as well. It's the ONLY component of your car that is actually touching the ground.

I'm torn between trying to find some decent AMG wheels or Borbet Type A's for the Benz..

tnl2PTm.jpg

Tires as well. It's the ONLY component of your car that is actually touching the ground.

I'm torn between trying to find some decent AMG wheels or Borbet Type A's for the Benz..

--snip--

mercedes-190-rims-65143-b.jpg

94684d1155077311-selling-lorinser-rs90-r

Here are some benz classics if you are interested^^

The type Es came as an option on volvos for a few years.. They are everywhere xD

I have them as winter tires on our silver E39.  :)

-snip-

Yes, tires too. Very true. 

I didn't say tires because a few posts ago I said I bought a pair of tires for $100 :/ But then again they were a pair of Hakkapeliitta R2s with 85% tread left so I guess that's an exception :P

I would go with the AMG wheels. The Type A's look odd to me. I like these kinds

Wheels%20-%20AMG%20W210-202%20Style2%201Wheels%20-%20AMG%20W220%20Style1%2018in.

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I didn't say tires because a few posts ago I said I bought a pair of tires for $100 :/ But then again they were a pair of Hakkapeliitta R2s with 85% tread left so I guess that's an exception :P

Both of those rims were manufactured by lorinzer under contract from mercedes benz^^ The bolt pattern is almost guaranteed to work with his benz :)

I've gotten some 'cheap' tires as well, but it's different when you're either working for a shop (when I was in high school) or have friends who get discounts on top brands.  :P

It might just be from my mk2 VW days, but I've always loved the Type A's. They are goofy looking, but it fits with the boxy, 80's style. I love the monoblocks. The thing for me is price/shipping. There isn't much of a local used market for AMG wheels around me, if I can find a good set of AMG's for nothing crazy, I will.

Or, for the lulz, I could get some Ronal Teddy's:

tygPX0z.jpg

Or these awesome Wu-Tang wheels:

wu-tangwheel.jpg

:lol:

Edit: In finding that Wu-tang wheel, I found some pics of my mk2's in my photobucket:

DSCF0452.jpg

89_Golf_001.jpg

They both remained more or less like that, apart from cleaning and stuff. The GLI sadly had to be sold when the front main seal blew and I was moving out of state. It had the trophy interior too  :( But after selling that I got the Golf. She ran until the tranny died and I couldn't find a decently priced one without paying out the ass in shipping. Had to junk her :(. Now I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima as a daily and then the 300TD as a project.

I've gotten some 'cheap' tires as well, but it's different when you're either working for a shop (when I was in high school) or have friends who get discounts on top brands.  :P

It might just be from my mk2 VW days, but I've always loved the Type A's. They are goofy looking, but it fits with the boxy, 80's style. I love the monoblocks. The thing for me is price/shipping. There isn't much of a local used market for AMG wheels around me, if I can find a good set of AMG's for nothing crazy, I will.

--TeddySnip--

--DAFUQSnip--

If i owned a rolls royce phantom i'd get those teddy wheels just to mess with peoples heads. Spinner versions too xD

Here's a 72 doing a burnout for page 72

You call that a burnout?

You call that a burnout?

snip

Nah. This is my style of burnout  xD (You crazy australians and your power tour)

Nah. This is my style of burnout  xD (You crazy australians and your power tour)

That didn't make sense at first

That didn't make sense at first

It's an accurate representation of a swedes reaction when there's only a few minutes before the tool and spares shop Biltema closes :)

It's an accurate representation of a swedes reaction when there's only a few minutes before the tool and spares shop Biltema closes :)

Fair enough 

-snip-

-wu tang clan aint nutin to f with snip -

Edit: In finding that Wu-tang wheel, I found some pics of my mk2's in my photobucket:

-nice car snip-

-another nice car snip-

They both remained more or less like that, apart from cleaning and stuff. The GLI sadly had to be sold when the front main seal blew and I was moving out of state. It had the trophy interior too  :( But after selling that I got the Golf. She ran until the tranny died and I couldn't find a decently priced one without paying out the ass in shipping. Had to junk her :(. Now I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima as a daily and then the 300TD as a project.

How about some BBS wheels? The RS are quite a nice classic wheel. I have a pair of BBS wheels on my Infiniti (not sure of the model, Nissan had BBS make wheels for the i30t.. so they're factory wheels. Quite nice actually). Some Ronal Turbos (or the Teddys :P) could be cool too

1996-99-Infiniti-I30-96804051990118.jpg

bbs-car-wheels--10871505928627960.jpg

Duudeee those Wu-Tang ones are siiick. ODB approves.

tumblr_mk782tGfMX1rl22k3o1_500.gif

Aww sorry bout your VWs :(

But now you have a Maxima! Join the club! MY00 aren't the A32, but still. VQ's baby!!

What kind of import rims look good on a Mazdaspeed 6? TE-37s? ADR anything? I like the thick spoked wheels more than the thin one.s.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Fair enough 

How strict are your tuning laws in australia? 

Ours are pretty strict. With extensive modifications being required if you want to increase the horsepower more than 15%.

But that mostly leads to swedes bunkering up in their garages over the winter months to build monsters. 

(Because if you are forced to change the driveline,Axles,Suspension and reinforce the car. You are not going to settle for a 20% increase in power xD