Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

OK WHO THE FUCK WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR RAPING MY NOTIFICATIONS. I HAVE 357 IN LESS THAN 4 HOURS.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

OK WHO THE FUCK WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR RAPING MY NOTIFICATIONS. I HAVE 357 IN LESS THAN 4 HOURS.

UZcOTgO.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

My dream car...

What I really would want is e34 touring with S62(e39 M5 engine) and with 6spd manual ofc... Might end with either e34 540i if really lucky or e39 540i + LPG because it's like 2 times cheaper than driving with petrol 

Very nice! A friend of mine has a e34 525. Its a pretty cool car

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

You're a cop? :o that's cool

Well, considering what's going on in America right now, I don't think it's a good idea to be one ATM.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I got no idea who JoaoPRSousa is...? And meh, I like the sound of V8 better than V10

He's probably the biggest fans of e34s I know  :D You two could become friends.  :P

I'm more of an e39 kinda guy (My family owns 2), but all 5s are nice

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Eh, not everyone is a dick to cops at least.

If I was pulled over by Philosophy, I would take that ticket and not argue at all  :P I bet he's a chill cop.

That one bitch that lives in Minturn tho... (Minturn's a town I have to drive through to get to school)

God, she was the worst. Her house was on the side of the main road (the one we used to get to school), and she would leave her car outside of her house all the time, so people would see it and slow down. For the first week of school, everyone slowed down, because we though she was in the car, but the thing is, she never was. She just put it out there so everyone would think she was there. Cheeky little woman she was.

Soon enough, everyone realized that she was never in her car, so, as normal teenagers would, we decided that we wouldn't have to strictly abide to the speed limit. Biiiig mistake.

One day, she was actually in her car. Boom. Got pulled over almost immediately. Super pissed because I was only going like 28 in a 25. She was hella strict. So there I am, at the side of the road, getting laughed at by passing classmates, and then 5 minutes later, I see a friend pass by going 30+ in the 25. Boom, she got pulled over too. So there we are, both of us at the side of the road.. and then a few minutes later, officer bitchface gets yet another student. I kid you not, after about 20 minutes, she had 4 students and a teacher pulled to the side of the road for speeding. She even called backup and everything. God it was terrible. We were all like an hour late to our classes.

The next day we dared one of our classmates to drive back to Minturn during lunch and go draw a dick on her car. I wasn't there when he did it, but apparently he drew like 5 huge ones right on her windshield. Gruesomely detailed too... Would have loved to see her reaction to that..

Yes, the maturity level of our class is not the highest.. don't judge. It was still pretty hilarious.

For some reason she's gone now. No idea why she left.. but I ain't complaining

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

If I was pulled over by Philosophy, I would take that ticket and not argue at all  :P I bet he's a chill cop.

That one bitch that lives in Minturn tho... (Minturn's a town I have to drive through to get to school)

God, she was the worst. Her house was on the side of the main road (the one we used to get to school), and she would leave her car outside of her house all the time, so people would see it and slow down. For the first week of school, everyone slowed down, because we though she was in the car, but the thing is, she never was. She just put it out there so everyone would think she was there. Cheeky little woman she was.

Soon enough, everyone realized that she was never in her car, so, as normal teenagers would, we decided that we wouldn't have to strictly abide to the speed limit. Biiiig mistake.

One day, she was actually in her car. Boom. Got pulled over almost immediately. Super pissed because I was only going like 28 in a 25. She was hella strict. So there I am, at the side of the road, getting laughed at by passing classmates, and then 5 minutes later, I see a friend pass by going 30+ in the 25. Boom, she got pulled over too. So there we are, both of us at the side of the road.. and then a few minutes later, officer bitchface gets yet another student. I kid you not, after about 20 minutes, she had 4 students and a teacher pulled to the side of the road for speeding. She even called backup and everything. God it was terrible. We were all like an hour late to our classes.

The next day we dared one of our classmates to drive back to Minturn during lunch and go draw a dick on her car. I wasn't there when he did it, but apparently he drew like 5 huge ones right on her windshield. Gruesomely detailed too... Would have loved to see her reaction to that..

Yes, the maturity level of our class is not the highest.. don't judge. It was still pretty hilarious.

For some reason she's gone now. No idea why she left.. but I ain't complaining

But did you get a ticket?

System: Thinkpad T460

But did you get a ticket?

Nah, I got a warning, as did the teacher and another student. The rest got tickets though.

I still have yet to get a ticket  B) 

o-KNOCK-ON-WOOD-facebook.jpg

Nah, I got a warning, as did the teacher and another student. The rest got tickets though.

I still have yet to get a ticket 

giphy.gif

I still have yet to get a ticket 

Many won't admit it, but most of us don't actually drive below the limit as long as the situation allows for it. It doesn't really matter what car a person drives; almost any car can break the law.

I'm quite a square guy when it comes to following laws and ordinances, but I have difficulty following speed limits in most cases. As I aged, I have learned to increase the margin of safety with my driving though; I no longer push the car as hard nor do I try to drive at my limits on the street. There should always be that extra bit of available traction that can be used for clearing away from unpredictable road hazards after all.

Many won't admit it, but most of us don't actually drive below the limit as long as the situation allows for it. It doesn't really matter what car a person drives; almost any car can break the law.

I'm quite a square guy when it comes to following laws and ordinances, but I have difficulty following speed limits in most cases. As I aged, I have learned to increase the margin of safety with my driving though; I no longer push the car as hard nor do I try to drive at my limits on the street. There should always be that extra bit of available traction that can be used for clearing away from unpredictable road hazards after all.

It pisses me off when I see people in their cheaply modified (or even expensive for that matter) cars driving around like they are racing drivers and putting everyone else at risk.

It's funny to me how they race between lights but have to just as long if not longer than everyone else for the lights to change.

*highfive* I don't see it as worth the effort, just cruising along feels better than a pedal to the metal driving "style" so many people have.

I'm with you on the speed limit thing. It's a good indicator, but I don't really follow it. It's more of a general guideline to me. Sometimes I go slower, and sometimes I go faster (not too much faster though, mind). I try to drive at a speed I feel comfortable at.

It's all about the safety. Recently, we've been getting a lot more snow where I live. I've been driving a lot more reserved than I usually do. Usually I drive 5-10mph over, but now I find myself sometimes going 10-15 under on the highway because of the hazardous conditions. snow and ice + RWD BMW is not the safest thing..

I feel like when you first get a car (and I was guilty of this myself), you want to look cool and go fast. Two years ago, when my grade at school first got their licenses, we had 3 wrecks, one nearly fatal, all because kids were driving too fast. Now, however, after that initial adrenaline rush of being able to drive and own a car wears off, I feel like a lot of people start to realize the responsibility they hold when they are behind they wheel. That kinda hits you hard. You realize that you have people's lives in your hands.. I drive my younger sister to school everyday and honestly it's probably one of the scariest things I do. Just the fear something will happen...  :unsure:  That alone is enough for me to not drive super fast and reckless

My dream car- Tesla model s<3 and my actual car- 2014 Mercedes c250

post-85140-0-23170000-1420359806_thumb.j

post-85140-0-05264600-1420359813_thumb.j

post-85140-0-51698900-1420360692_thumb.j

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Nice! Another 525 owner!

Question though, why choose E60? Is there something in specific you like about it?

I want a newer car, and the F10 is ugly in my opinion... love the looks of the E60 tho :P

I got no idea who JoaoPRSousa is...? And meh, I like the sound of V8 better than V10

You don't know me?  :(

I quit.

/jk :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

It pisses me off when I see people in their cheaply modified (or even expensive for that matter) cars driving around like they are racing drivers and putting everyone else at risk.

It's funny to me how they race between lights but have to just as long if not longer than everyone else for the lights to change.

That is true. I think they just like to feel the acceleration. It is a waste of fuel and vehicle wear. I just let them have their fun as long as they do it safely and not hold up traffic to wait for the next green light.

I get seriously pissed when I see people blocking off roads to streetrace though (those doing flagdowns and all). They might've watched too many movies.

*highfive* I don't see it as worth the effort, just cruising along feels better than a pedal to the metal driving "style" so many people have.

I live in a congested city though, so "cruising" does not happen where I am at (average speeds here are terrible). I only get to experience it when I am out of town.

qj3j.jpg

I'm with you on the speed limit thing. It's a good indicator, but I don't really follow it. It's more of a general guideline to me. Sometimes I go slower, and sometimes I go faster (not too much faster though, mind). I try to drive at a speed I feel comfortable at.

It's all about the safety. Recently, we've been getting a lot more snow where I live. I've been driving a lot more reserved than I usually do. Usually I drive 5-10mph over, but now I find myself sometimes going 10-15 under on the highway because of the hazardous conditions. snow and ice + RWD BMW is not the safest thing..

I agree with you that a safe and comfortable speed is best; one has to use his/her judgement when driving. I try to remind myself of that every time I start to get annoyed by someone driving too slow (holding back traffic).

I have very limited driving experience on snow/ice, so I might actually go slower than you in the same conditions. 

I feel like when you first get a car (and I was guilty of this myself), you want to look cool and go fast. Two years ago, when my grade at school first got their licenses, we had 3 wrecks, one nearly fatal, all because kids were driving too fast. Now, however, after that initial adrenaline rush of being able to drive and own a car wears off, I feel like a lot of people start to realize the responsibility they hold when they are behind they wheel. That kinda hits you hard. You realize that you have people's lives in your hands.. I drive my younger sister to school everyday and honestly it's probably one of the scariest things I do. Just the fear something will happen...   :unsure:  That alone is enough for me to not drive super fast and reckless

This is very true. A lot of it is age/maturity-related, hence the high insurance premiums for younger people. Once kids mature and realize that there is nothing to prove, they grow out of it.

For those seeking a thrill, I think they should go to a controlled environment (like a track). Oftentimes it is a humbling enough experience to witness how good true race car drivers are to realize that one needs a lot more than guts to be one.

I live in a congested city though, so "cruising" does not happen where I am at (average speeds here are terrible). I only get to experience it when I am out of town.

Luckily I don't have to deal with traffic like that. But even in heavy traffic I'll just stay in my lane going along instead of switching lanes constantly trying to get ahead. Too much risk doing that, I don't feel like causing or getting in to an accident.

PAGE 72, my favorite muscle car, EVER (actually my favorite is the 1970 one, but this fits the theme :P)

071302-02.jpg

"an obvious supporter of privacy"