Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Why do all countries have better used car market than mine :(

Import^^ That's what most of these are

Bmw 2002 turbo

wBYTgMu.jpg

Excalibur roadster

KwyMpqg.jpg

Like new 350 mustang

5aKJm8v.jpg

Porsche speedster 718 RS

TT2Nb8F.jpg

190SL 

IKhckir.jpg

V8 volvo streetrod

bUeY01R.jpg

V8 911

iOivA0n.jpg

428 cobra jet

HYRNWXp.jpg

A gorgeous old jag XK 120

keMUp44.jpg

A supercharged Charger in mint condition

N2fRXxC.jpg

The only opel i'll ever care about. Met the builder too^^ 

ZVX62LV.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I went to a chevy dealer yesterday (Got my car serviced), and i am totally thinking about buying a Camaro V6 or a Sonic Sedan (1.8L Turbo) Which one and opinions please?

chevrolet-sonic-z-spec-sedan-concept-pho

mm_gal_item_c2_2.img_resize.img_stage._3

That's the Lancer from the photo?

BTW, I found a pic of the M5 Nurburgring Edition that lived (not anymore :() nearby:

attachicon.gifIMG_5078.JPG

I love those e34 m5's. I have only gotten to see one in person and it was amazing. They look especially good with bmw's m-parallel wheels.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I went to a chevy dealer yesterday (Got my car serviced), and i am totally thinking about buying a Camaro V6 or a Sonic Sedan (1.8L Turbo) Which one and opinions please?

Camaro if you're not after fuel economy or rear seats. :)

If you're young, check your insurance premiums though.

Those are 2 totally differenty beasts. I'd go with the Camaro out of those 2.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Camaro if you're not after fuel economy or rear seats. :)

If you're young, check your insurance premiums though.

I am 21, and a cop... insurance is pretty good for me. I do not need rear seats really...

Those are 2 totally differenty beasts. I'd go with the Camaro out of those 2.

The reason I considered a the Sonic is because it was super comfy and nice and less expensive (about half as). It felt a little bigger on the inside, but the Camaro is very nice too. 

Anyone of you interested in car spotting?

I spot.

Usually on the move so can't take many pictures.

I recently saw a Huracan on the back of a truck getting delivered and saw a GTR today.

And I see Bentleys and Rolls Royces pretty often.

System: Thinkpad T460

I recently saw a Huracan on the back of a truck getting delivered and saw a GTR today.

And I see Bentleys and Rolls Royces pretty often.

Californian high rollers :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I am 21, and a cop... insurance is pretty good for me. I do not need rear seats really...

The reason I considered a the Sonic is because it was super comfy and nice and less expensive (about half as). It felt a little bigger on the inside, but the Camaro is very nice too. 

Saving money is always good. Go with the one you feel better. The Sonic will probably be more versatile.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Import^^ That's what most of these are

-snips-

On the topic of importing - how hard is it to import (money wise and the paperwork needed)?

osu! profile

Saving money is always good. Go with the one you feel better. The Sonic will probably be more versatile.

I should add I am fairly big, 6'4 (196cm) and like 200 Pounds. Amount of room matter for me....

Both are fun cars. Give em a spin and see which one you can live with. :)

I like your area. I enjoyed Nashville (and TN in general) every time I got to visit.

I should add I am fairly big, 6'4 (196cm) and like 200 Pounds. Amount of room matter for me....

The best thing to do is go for a test drive. You'll learn the most :)

osu! profile

Both are fun cars. Give em a spin and see which one you can live with. :)

I like your area. I enjoyed Nashville (and TN in general) every time I get to visit.

Not, *Not* so near, I am in Oregon xD I want to move to Franklin. It is my dream city. 

Californian high rollers :P

I'm on the beach side of LAX but some of my friends go spotting in Beverly Hills and saw a Veyron recently and a whole bunch of other stuff 

System: Thinkpad T460

On the topic of importing - how hard is it to import (money wise and the paperwork needed)?

Depends on the local laws, Import regulations and costs/distance

Around here we have some small firms that import cars for you. But some can't be trusted and in the end it's a risk

Some cars are not legal to import (Skylines in the US as an example)

Local laws might force you to modify the car when it arrives. (911's need bumper guards in the us as an example)

Right hand drive cars need new headlights in most cases.

The paperwork is usually complicated. And lots of information is needed sometimes

The car has to be de-registered in the country it's imported from and then registered in the country it enters. Which is expensive.

etc etc

But if it is a car you really want that isn't available in your country. And you have the money to spend on it. It's worth it^^

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

We are about the same height/weight, but different people would have different dimensions. 

I suggest test driving both to see what works for you. Legroom and headroom shouldn't be that different, but the Camaro has more shoulder room (noticeably wider interior).

Depends on the local laws, Import regulations and costs/distance

Around here we have some small firms that import cars for you. But some can't be trusted and in the end it's a risk

Some cars are not legal to import (Skylines in the US as an example)

Local laws might force you to modify the car when it arrives. (911's need bumper guards in the us as an example)

Right hand drive cars need new headlights in most cases.

The paperwork is usually complicated. And lots of information is needed sometimes

The car has to be de-registered in the country it's imported from and then registered in the country it enters. Which is expensive.

etc etc

But if it is a car you really want that isn't available in your country. And you have the money to spend on it. It's worth it^^

Well EU/JP to US I understand it would be complicated as they have totally different laws, but EU to EU shouldn't. That's what the European Union was made for... right?

osu! profile

Well EU/JP to US I understand it would be complicated as they have totally different laws, but EU to EU shouldn't. That's what the European Union was made for... right?

Eu to Eu should be a bit easier. But it still depends on the import laws of the two countries

Not, *Not* so near, I am in Oregon xD I want to move to Franklin. It is my dream city. 

Franklin seems like a nice quiet place with lots of history. :) I don't think I've actually visited downtown, but I saw a lot of Nissans (I know their North American HQ is nearby).

I keep an eye out for interesting cars when i'm out on the street^^ But i only take pictures at car shows.

On an unrelated note. If it's still there next weekend i think i might've found my next daily

-snip-

I don't really need a wagon. I just like them :P

I got a 1987 300TD for $350 as a project car. It started up after sitting in this guys driveway for months, but soon discovered it had a cracked rad. About $1500 in various parts, fluids, tires and paperwork, she's on the road again. Most of the work needed is cosmetic now, mechanically she's very sound. *knocks on wood*

These are from when I first looked at it before I bought it.

7cd89f1f29a98e19ab2afd95cb02e168.jpga3053c4dca806d93900610cb15ee4f71.jpg

I got a 1987 300TD for $350 as a project car. It started up after sitting in this guys driveway for months, but soon discovered it had a cracked rad. About $1500 in various parts, fluids, tires and paperwork, she's on the road again. Most of the work needed is cosmetic now, mechanically she's very sound. *knocks on wood* These are from when I first looked at it before I bought it. --snip--

Maintain that thing and it'll be with you for a long time^^

ps

Don't you just love how you can lock the hood in that position? It makes it soo easy to reach everything :)

Maintain that thing and it'll be with you for a long time^^

ps

Don't you just love how you can lock the hood in that position? It makes it soo easy to reach everything :)

That's the plan. Luckily for me, the guy I bought it from is a diesel nut (he's got a Dodge Ram Cummins turbo diesel) so he had already redone all of the vacuum lines (thank the Jebus; I hate that kind of stuff), pressure tested the cylinders, and a bunch of other maintenance. He didn't have the time or space to keep working on it. So it's mostly little things to really fix now; windshield washer fluid tubing needs re-run, new door seals, power windows need fixed, interior needs a lot of cleaning and such, etc, etc. But all I care about is if it runs. So comfortable on the highway. Though, should the diesel ever die, V8 AMG.... :lol:

I'm just not sure what to do with the paint. As you can see, the rear hatch has a lot of surface rust, and the overall condition is pretty worn. The Southern sun hasn't done it much good; I have the original service book from the first owner and he was from Georgia. Apparently that paint wasn't very common, so I hate to repaint it something else; but the w124 wagons look so good in white.

And yes, I wish more cars could do that. I've lost so many brain cells to smacking the back of my skull on the hood.