Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

That's the plan. Just little things to really fix now; windshield washer fluid tubing needs re-run, new door seals, power windows need fixed, interior needs a lot of cleaning and such, etc, etc. But all I care about is if it runs. So comfortable on the highway. Though, should the diesel ever die, V8 AMG.... :lol:

And yes, I wish more cars could do that. I've lost so many brain cells to smacking the back of my skull on the hood.

Replace the coolant expansion tank and the washer bottle. They are usually so old that they crack on these cars. My coolant bottle shattered on my previous one.

And add some dynamat to the interiour^^ Then you'll have a serious long distance cruiser :) Since these old diesels are a bit on the loud side at 110km/h

Before i figured out how to raise the hood even higher on my 190s i slammed my head into the grille soo many times xD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

That's the plan. Luckily for me, the guy I bought it from is a diesel nut (he's got a Dodge Ram Cummins turbo diesel) so he had already redone all of the vacuum lines (thank the Jebus; I hate that kind of stuff), pressure tested the cylinders, and a bunch of other maintenance. He didn't have the time or space to keep working on it. So it's mostly little things to really fix now; windshield washer fluid tubing needs re-run, new door seals, power windows need fixed, interior needs a lot of cleaning and such, etc, etc. But all I care about is if it runs. So comfortable on the highway. Though, should the diesel ever die, V8 AMG.... :lol:

I'm just not sure what to do with the paint. As you can see, the rear hatch has a lot of surface rust, and the overall condition is pretty worn. The Southern sun hasn't done it much good; I have the original service book from the first owner and he was from Georgia. Apparently that paint wasn't very common, so I hate to repaint it something else; but the w124 wagons look so good in white.

Congrats with the project car! I don't know how much they cost there, but door seals and window mechanisms for those things cost a lot over here.

Get the paint done to prevent the rust from spreading. You can paint it the same color or white, either should be good. :)

@Flyguygamer what do your grandparents own? :P

As if you don't know

At one time they owned 31 cars but ATM the own as follows:

Isuzu axiom

Mercedes r350

1998 Porsche Boxter Convertible

1956 Porsche 356 A roadster original

1992 Doge pickup

Of the cars I know that they sold:

Studebaker Avanti

2 VW busses

Alfa Romeo Giulia sedan

Alfa Romeo Graduate

Alfa engine custom racecar

Nash ramblers

3 Chevy Suburbans

Many trucks

Porsche 356 Carrera

At one time they had 3 Porsche 356

2 Porsche 914

2 leCar 

Triumph MG

Lotus

2 Triumph Spitfire

1971 Mbw motorcycle

'76 alfa spider

Triumph TR-6

Triumph TR-3

*edit*

Here are more

BMW 2002

BMW Bavaria

Alfa Romeo Gtv

Alfa Romeo164

Audi 5000

Peugeot 504

Peugeot 505 wagon

Peugeot 505 turbo sedan

Porsche Speedster Convertible

Porsche 924s

Porsche 912

Merkur Scorpio

Alfa Romeo Duetto Spider

@JoaoPRSousa

Really?????

You do that instead of jizzing your pants?

You wrote Doge, so.... :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

As if you don't know

At one time they owned 31 cars but ATM the own as follows:

Isuzu axiom

Mercedes r350

1998 Porsche Boxter Convertible

1956 Porsche 356 A roadster original

1992 Doge pickup

Of the cars I know that they sold:

Studebaker Avanti

2 VW busses

Alfa Romeo Giulia

Alfa Romeo Graduate

Alfa engine custom racecar

Nash ramblers

3 Chevy Suburbans

Many trucks

Porsche 356 Carrera

At one time they had 3 Porsche 356

2 Porsche 914

2 Lacar (Not sure how to spell it)

Triumph MG

Lotus

2 Triumph Spitfire

1971 Mbw motorcycle

That's some good taste right there. The Giulia and the porsches especially. 

The 356 is one of the sexier old porsches :)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Replace the coolant expansion tank and the washer bottle. They are usually so old that they crack on these cars. My coolant bottle shattered on my previous one.

And add some dynamat to the interiour^^ Then you'll have a serious long distance cruiser :) Since these old diesels are a bit on the loud side at 110km/h

Before i figured out how to raise the hood even higher on my 190s i slammed my head into the grille soo many times xD

I got a new water pump, rad, belt, upper and lower hoses, just didn't get the expansion tank. That and the washer fluid bottle/pump and tubing be in the next round of ordering parts. I need to figure out how the vacuum lines are run to squirters. I live at the beach and the salt air reks visibility, especially in the winter, so it's kind of necessary. I'm going to need to basically tear down the interior anyways, so some sound dampening would be nice.

Congrats with the project car! I don't know how much they cost there, but door seals and window mechanisms for those things cost a lot over here.

Get the paint done to prevent the rust from spreading. You can paint it the same color or white, either should be good. :)

Depends, the power windows could just need some lube/realignment, but if it's the whole motor/regulator assembly, it's not cheap. And it's just the rear passenger ones, so not a pressing issue at the moment. And yeah, the rust needs to be stopped, but as far as the uniqueness of the color, I do like the blue. The interior is a matching blue as well. There's a few other spots of rot, but nothing I can't sand and bondo or even weld in new metal. The seals are around $100 for the rear hatch (most critical ATM) and not much for the other ones; but they aren't leaking so it's not a huge issue at the time.

This is what my brother was going to buy, like one year before the SLK appeared in the classifieds:

AkJvzqi.jpg

Do you know what it is? :P

Here are more

BMW 2002

BMW Bavaria

Alfa Romeo Gtv

Alfa Romeo164

Audi 5000

Peugeot 504

Porsche Speedster Convertible

Porsche 944

Porsche 912

Stutz Bearcat

Merkur Scorpio

MORE? Dayum!

Yeah, I added a few more to the list my dad remembered. 

MORE? Dayum!

Just talked to my dad.

They all used to race vintage cars, My dad, 2 uncles, and my grandpa.

Doge.png

lol

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Here are some crappy photos of my grandpa and the only 356 they still have.

http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/2354-original-porsche-356a/

924?

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

I got a new water pump, rad, belt, upper and lower hoses, just didn't get the expansion tank. That and the washer fluid bottle/pump and tubing be in the next round of ordering parts. I need to figure out how the vacuum lines are run to squirters. I live at the beach and the salt air reks visibility, especially in the winter, so it's kind of necessary. I'm going to need to basically tear down the interior anyways, so some sound dampening would be nice.

Depends, the power windows could just need some lube/realignment, but if it's the whole motor/regulator assembly, it's not cheap. And it's just the rear passenger ones, so not a pressing issue at the moment. And yeah, the rust needs to be stopped, but as far as the uniqueness of the color, I do like the blue. The interior is a matching blue as well. There's a few other spots of rot, but nothing I can't sand and bondo or even weld in new metal. The seals are around $100 for the rear hatch (most critical ATM) and not much for the other ones; but they aren't leaking so it's not a huge issue at the time.

And if you ever get bored^^

mgGDMNq.jpg

PAGE 69

---snip--

Looks like my uncles old z28 xD

This is what my brother was going to buy, like one year before the SLK appeared in the classifieds:

--snip--

Can't really tell by the interior. But i'll guess that it's one of the front engined porsches. (928/944)

Here are some crappy photos of my grandpa and the only 356 they still have.

http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/2354-original-porsche-356a/

I'm getting an error. But your grandparents seem like awesome people

I'm tempted to say 944

928/944

You are wrong my friends  :P

Porsche 924 Turbo :D

My brother's a dumbass...

I prefer my uncle's 404 :P

Cool. 

I'm getting an error. But your grandparents seem like awesome people

Odd, it should work, anyway, YES THEY ARE!

bruh

zVm1QZd.jpg

You are wrong my friends  :P

Porsche 924 Turbo :D

My brother's a dumbass...

Well then the SLK was the better option. 

If you can choose between a 924 and an slk. Then go for the slk

If you are just looking at the 924 it's alright. VW engine though

Wow. 11k views. This thing took off xD