Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

27 minutes ago, vetali said:

1.5 turbo Hondas like to piss outta the back exhaust cam plate. People misdiagnose it as a valve cover gasket a lot.

yes, mega pisser, im still pissed that the honda civic sport touring doesnt have a k20, then the car would be THAT much more popular and just better, i still value the 6th and 5th gen hondas way more, mostly because they dont have a turbo that wears engine faster, and because they sound better, idk maybe fk8 sounds better

16 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

yes, mega pisser, im still pissed that the honda civic sport touring doesnt have a k20, then the car would be THAT much more popular and just better, i still value the 6th and 5th gen hondas way more, mostly because they dont have a turbo that wears engine faster, and because they sound better, idk maybe fk8 sounds better

I would hate myself even more if I had got a 2.0 civic. Those things are HR-V level slow. We have had no serious issues with the 1.5

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

I would hate myself even more if I had got a 2.0 civic. Those things are HR-V level slow. We have had no serious issues with the 1.5

1.5l version is turbo i think? i mean i see why so low displacement to save weight, but adding a turbo is like turboeing a d15, small displacment, meaning worse wear

1 hour ago, vetali said:

1.5 turbo Hondas like to piss outta the back exhaust cam plate. People misdiagnose it as a valve cover gasket a lot.

I'll keep that one stored in my vault of useless knowledge that I might need someday!

This kia thing. Ooof happens right outside warranty or they claim it's a wear item. Some forum posts are people with $1500 bills with around 60-80k on the clock. The special tool comes in tomorrow hopefully, I can get it all back together and cross my fingers!

50 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

1.5l version is turbo i think? i mean i see why so low displacement to save weight, but adding a turbo is like turboeing a d15, small displacment, meaning worse wear

We have been turboing small displacement engines for a while now in most cars. We have several 1.5 CRVs already at 100k without issue.

12 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I'll keep that one stored in my vault of useless knowledge that I might need someday!

This kia thing. Ooof happens right outside warranty or they claim it's a wear item. Some forum posts are people with $1500 bills with around 60-80k on the clock. The special tool comes in tomorrow hopefully, I can get it all back together and cross my fingers!

Damn sounds like a process. If it happens at 80k you only got 10-20k before the motor and/or turbo is toast anyway. Gotta love kias

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

1 hour ago, vetali said:

We have been turboing small displacement engines for a while now in most cars. We have several 1.5 CRVs already at 100k without issue.

Damn sounds like a process. If it happens at 80k you only got 10-20k before the motor and/or turbo is toast anyway. Gotta love kias

still example, if you have a d15 non turbo  and a 1.5l out of the touring sport, and just normally drove from work and home constant, the d15 would be more releible, as long as you dont like zooom and rev the car into space

17 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You're telling that to the Brit. They invented crime island.

Exactly, we only go thru that effort to steal stuff of value 😂😂

Only person whos gonna nick that is a joyrider 😂

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

On 2/8/2021 at 8:08 PM, ComputerBuilder said:

cool car, you exposed your plate.., anyways nice del sol, watch out for the roof leaks, 

Yeah luckily mine doesn't seem to have issues with the roof leaking. So far I've power washed it, and had it out all day during heavy rain and didn't experience any leaks, it's still kept in a garage on most bad weather days though.

Also I don't think it matters much if people have my plate number, I suppose someone could call the cops or something and say I'm parked illegally or something, but I'll trust this community more than that.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

30 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

Yeah luckily mine doesn't seem to have issues with the roof leaking. So far I've power washed it, and had it out all day during heavy rain and didn't experience any leaks, it's still kept in a garage on most bad weather days though.

Also I don't think it matters much if people have my plate number, I suppose someone could call the cops or something and say I'm parked illegally or something, but I'll trust this community more than that.

well you can trust me atleast, are you gonna mod the car? i think ye maybe a bit here and there, and also if it doesnt have sohc red valve cover from some hondas in japan, it looks WAY better in bay, because grey isnt the cover. but enjoy your new sporty machine, god damn i wish they  put a b16 in the si 

9 hours ago, ComputerBuilder said:

still example, if you have a d15 non turbo  and a 1.5l out of the touring sport, and just normally drove from work and home constant, the d15 would be more releible, as long as you dont like zooom and rev the car into space

No? I've seen 200,000 mile Volvos with the original turbo and engine.

1 minute ago, ComputerBuilder said:

well you can trust me atleast, are you gonna mod the car? i think ye maybe a bit here and there, and also if it doesnt have sohc red valve cover from some hondas in japan, it looks WAY better in bay, because grey isnt the cover. but enjoy your new sporty machine, god damn i wish they  put a b16 in the si 

Yeah it will be getting some coilovers and an exhaust in the spring time. Probably a paint job as well as it's pretty bad. The 94 Si has the D16Z6 in it so its got SOHC VTEC, it does have the VTEC valve cover as well although its just plain silver. I'd like to paint it wrinkle red or wrinkle black in the near future. Other than that it'll be mostly stock, I don't really like all the super riced out Honda's a lot of people seem to.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

No? I've seen 200,000 mile Volvos with the original turbo and engine.

i mean, i guess some turbo cars will last long, mostly because they arnt pushing a ssshit ton of air, or the engine is just bulletproof, and yea if well  maintained turbo cars can last, but if not maintained and just turbo spuing evrey second it will clearly last less because more strain and pressure in engine

1 hour ago, Theguywhobea said:

Yeah it will be getting some coilovers and an exhaust in the spring time. Probably a paint job as well as it's pretty bad. The 94 Si has the D16Z6 in it so its got SOHC VTEC, it does have the VTEC valve cover as well although its just plain silver. I'd like to paint it wrinkle red or wrinkle black in the near future. Other than that it'll be mostly stock, I don't really like all the super riced out Honda's a lot of people seem to.

i woulnt consider a few mods in engine ricer, ricer is when the wang is just why, side skirts hood and bumper are aggressive as hell, and there's numbers all over car with sponsors, tuners have nice tailights maybe 50hp more then factory and nice rims

anyways cool car, i swear if they shit on us again and maybe finally give us some damn sporty machines, like the accord sir, because thats just dum, and just alot of type r and sir shit

for most people, i think it's the turbo itself adding more points of failure than actual wear. 

Putt-putting around town doesn't use full boost. very rare for average joe to use full boost lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, ComputerBuilder said:

anyways cool car, i swear if they shit on us again and maybe finally give us some damn sporty machines, 

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm still stuck on these old Hondas, but it would be nice if they made a new type R with a little milder styling, or brought back the S2K

1 minute ago, Theguywhobea said:

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm still stuck on these old Hondas, but it would be nice if they made a new type R with a little milder styling, or brought back the S2K

i just want simplicity back. 

It was beautiful. 90-00's had the perfect mix of computers and car

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, Theguywhobea said:

i just wish that i could have evreything, but some f20's and h22's are selling a bit cheap, ik that their a bit unrelible, but eh they prob wont fit in a del sol, how much space does the bay have

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

i just want simplicity back. 

It was beautiful. 90-00's had the perfect mix of computers and car

yes, where my SUPER STRONG pentium 2 and a my 1998 civic ex WITH VTEC i still have btw. but guys, when in parking brake i forgot maybe neutral, the revs go up and down, resulting in failing emissions, i want to drive the car again, but does anyone know the problem, i think its the intake and its letting in more air than needed, for now i drive my dads old impreza as a loan car

5 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

i just wish that i could have evreything, but some f20's and h22's are selling a bit cheap, ik that their a bit unrelible, but eh they prob wont fit in a del sol, how much space does the bay have

I've heard of people in the Sol community doing an h22 swap, and I know that K-Tuned sells a K20 and K24 swap kit. Hell I think there is someone out there with a J32 in their Del Sol. It's almost the exact same engine bay and chassis as an EG (infact it's litterally an EG6) so it fits anything that those do.

Just now, Theguywhobea said:

I've heard of people in the Sol community doing an h22 swap, and I know that K-Tuned sells a K20 and K24 swap kit. Hell I think there is someone out there with a J32 in their Del Sol. It's almost the exact same engine bay and chassis as an EG (infact it's litterally an EG6) so it fits anything that those do.

is the car manual? prob

1 minute ago, ComputerBuilder said:

is the car manual? prob

My Del Sol is an auto. I wanted a clean one and this was the only clean one around. Plus I didn't care to pay the manual tax these older cars seem to have these days.

4 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

My Del Sol is an auto. I wanted a clean one and this was the only clean one around. Plus I didn't care to pay the manual tax these older cars seem to have these days.

still can floor it and rev the shit outa it. plus i found a h22 auto version, i think they use 4 speed automatic idk

Please stop replying to me with this nonsense. Its clear you have no idea what you are talking about. You are comparing reliability 30 year old 80 hp bucket of bolts to a 5 year old 180 hp modern turbocharged engine. This is baseless and has no factual evidence.

43 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

but guys, when in parking brake i forgot maybe neutral, the revs go up and down, resulting in failing emissions, i want to drive the car again, but does anyone know the problem, i think its the intake and its letting in more air than needed, for now i drive my dads old impreza as a loan car

Throttle position sensor? Don't quote me on that.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Throttle position sensor? Don't quote me on that.

i think yea, i think it showed us that code, so the air filter is opening to much, since i never really damaged the car, but it was in a accident, a fend and bumper were replaced, im guessing the sensor gave out even though front end has not big damage

1 hour ago, Theguywhobea said:

the reason that i pointed this out is because now if someone wanted to travel to your state and steal the car, make sure to secure it