Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

sorry to here that but bulletproof engines are nice

i think forged cams and forged piston kit, it considers it bulletproof as long as i don't turbo it

21 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

sorry to here that but bulletproof engines are nice

the best part is that it been by my family whole time

2 hours ago, ComputerBuilder said:

rust... cars biggest fear, speaking of rust, i swear there must have been atleast ONE integra type r that was scrapped because of rust

im sure they're have been several. 

Type R's were either kept pristine, or beaten on. Not much in between.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

yes, guys whats the worst engine ever made, i say delorean engine

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Think I see 3 or 4 posts a week in the type r facebook groups of DC2s and DC5s being broken for bits for being rotten and thats just here in the UK

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Think I see 3 or 4 posts a week in the type r facebook groups of DC2s and DC5s being broken for bits for being rotten and thats just here in the UK

at least rest of world, doesnt only have like 200 type r ever built here, or 300 idk

1 hour ago, ComputerBuilder said:

yes, guys whats the worst engine ever made, i say delorean engine

You know that engine wasn't Delorean, right? They got it from someone else, same with the trans.

4 minutes ago, Bitter said:

You know that engine wasn't Delorean, right? They got it from someone else, same with the trans.

i didnt know that, i mean the car was also heavy as hell, so that might be why it never worked

2 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

i didnt know that, i mean the car was also heavy as hell, so that might be why it never worked

ok yea 150hp for like a 4k lb car, bad car and blown up tran

7 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Ah good ol' PRV. (Peugeot, Renault, Volvo) What could possibly go wrong when the french get involved./s

2 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

The delorean was only 2700lbs or 1200kg. That's not much heavier than a civic.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Ah good ol' PRV. (Peugeot, Renault, Volvo) What could possibly go wrong when the french get involved./s

how was it so slow, me confused i remember reading it was like the worst thing to ever drived because it accelarated like a catepullaer

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Not sure who's worse, the French or the British. Just kidding, it's the British. They built some terrible cars over the years, bit better now but I still wouldn't touch a Jag or Land Rover with a 10ft pole for personal ownership.

Just now, Bitter said:

Not sure who's worse, the French or the British. Just kidding, it's the British. They built some terrible cars over the years, bit better now but I still wouldn't touch a Jag or Land Rover with a 10ft pole for personal ownership.

Funnily enough, the majority of common issue parts on JLR products tend to be the outsourced parts

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

3 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

how was it so slow, me confused i remember reading it was like the worst thing to ever drived because it accelarated like a catepullaer

0-60 in 8.8 seconds for the manual version. In the 80s that wasn't terrible. But for the price of a delorean you could get something faster.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

I'd say french. They started fiddling with nissans and damn near killed nissan in the uk

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 hour ago, techswede said:

0-60 in 8.8 seconds for the manual version. In the 80s that wasn't terrible. But for the price of a delorean you could get something faster.

I'd say french. They started fiddling with nissans and damn near killed nissan in the uk

He has risen

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Been a while since I last posted anything here... Right now I'm making plans to repaint my car during the summer, probably in white. I also need to get new tires for the rims I bought forever ago, since what's already on them is nearly bald and extremely dryrotted. I've already got a bit of experience with repainting parts since I had to sand and recoat the hood/roof to keep rust from spreading, and I painted them in black. They both turned out very nicely but the black paint made it easier to see where I paused during the painting, and doing it in direct sunlight definitely didn't help things. I don't think I'll have the same problems if I go with white.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

8 hours ago, dcgreen2k said:

Been a while since I last posted anything here... Right now I'm making plans to repaint my car during the summer, probably in white. I also need to get new tires for the rims I bought forever ago, since what's already on them is nearly bald and extremely dryrotted. I've already got a bit of experience with repainting parts since I had to sand and recoat the hood/roof to keep rust from spreading, and I painted them in black. They both turned out very nicely but the black paint made it easier to see where I paused during the painting, and doing it in direct sunlight definitely didn't help things. I don't think I'll have the same problems if I go with white.

and maybe if you actually find shelter

why would be a good project next year i will be taking a machine shop class and you have the whole year to work on 1 project unlimited access to tools and materials i just don't know what to build

10 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

why would be a good project next year i will be taking a machine shop class and you have the whole year to work on 1 project unlimited access to tools and materials i just don't know what to build

since you love old classics, i would get that, but are you fine with some manual tuner beast?, preferebly a go to school car

Since I still haven't posted it, this has been my ride for the last few months. It's my brother's car but since he's in the UK studying I've been driving it.

It's a '97 525tds. So basically, an E39 with an oil fryer as an engine. The old ass M51 turdobiesel anchor, 2.5L I6, no power, a bit of torque, enough to get me around at least.

Oxford green on some style 122s from an E60, came with the car when he bought it. Possibly the most basic ass spec you can get in an E39 (if you disregard the 525td, no s, no intercooler, less power, I don't even want to know just how bad that one is) BUT with a sunroof, no other extras lmao. Cloth interior is also a big plus, even tho it's poverty spec, I MUCH prefer it.

IMG_20201017_141320.thumb.jpg.32c57f644448dfd69419f76327a13dba.jpg

(vertical shot because I'm a retard and don't have much else currently)

Honestly, I don't think I'll do much to this car, as it isn't even mine and I'd rather save up and buy an E34 (there's one lurking in the garage where I currently live, 520i Touring, and I'm dying to buy it of whoever's having it sit gathering dust) than modify this thing which will eventually be handed down to my parents or be sold even.

I've thought about blacking out the chrome with something (as long as it isn't gloss, fucking disgusting) and maybe try to get the wheels to be more gunmetal instead of just silver. A set of lowering springs would probably be sweet, but we'll see. More recently, I've came across Alpina E39s and well, I looked for Alpina replica wheels, not much luck there, when it comes to this chassis at least. Replica Alpina boot spoilers are also pretty much non existent, so Idk. (replicas because ya boi's broke af)

Polisher is in the to buy list tho.

Also, this car has pretty much the same powertrain and the exact same color as the first car I ever drove, an E34 Touring 525tds, my dad's, if anyone remembers how that story went (long story short, stolen, powertrain yanked off, thrown into the woods). So there's some sentimental value to this one.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

44 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

since you love old classics, i would get that, but are you fine with some manual tuner beast?, preferebly a go to school car

i probably will i wanted to build a tank but no guns at school and depleted uranium is hard to get

2 hours ago, the gamer that is bad said:

build an engine? but make it harder than it should be for youself, machine things yourself, balance them perfectly, etc.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

build an engine? but make it harder than it should be for youself, machine things yourself, balance them perfectly, etc.

i might make a solid aluminum 527

23 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

i might make a solid aluminum 527

holy moly yes, if i could have enough time and money, and expirience, i would build myself a b18, or get a b18 ls and swap it to vtec, shich i can do just not this season

Just now, ComputerBuilder said:

holy moly yes, if i could have enough time and money, and expirience, i would build myself a b18, or get a b18 ls and swap it to vtec, shich i can do just not this season

the school pays for all materials we use so i might make a 527 Delorian because i like the look