Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, Energycore said:

No wagons but this looks amazing

https://auto.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-703972261-saab-9-3-20-turbo-_JM

$90k MX is about $4500 US

That's like, half a brand new entry level subcompact (at least here)

id say thats quite cheap ... for a similar one here it might be about 6000  
its a hell of a lot better car for the money than any brand new entry level subcompact 
Saab is ... well was ... a Swedish Luxury car brand ... and they are reallly good cars 
just ask @RevoltTrain

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Just now, PandaCopyRight said:

id say thats quite cheap ... for a similar one here it might be about 6000  
its a hell of a lot better car for the money than any brand new entry level subcompact 
Saab is ... well was ... a Swedish Luxury car brand ... and they are reallly good cars 
just ask @RevoltTrain

Spare parts might be hard to get though, right?

It looks very attractive. Leather interior, 2.0L Turbo engine, looks really roomy, shit resale value (important because car theft is very common round these parts). And it's cheap af.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

It looks very attractive. Leather interior, 2.0L Turbo engine, looks really roomy, shit resale value (important because car theft is very common round these parts). And it's cheap af.

Parts might be somewhat difficult to find, but just need to look around on the internet and you might find some place that has the needed parts
over in USA there are a few Euro car or just SAAB car part websites. But i dont know if you could get the parts to you from them. 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

4 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Parts might be somewhat difficult to find, but just need to look around on the internet and you might find some place that has the needed parts
over in USA there are a few Euro car or just SAAB car part websites. But i dont know if you could get the parts to you from them. 

That's the one thing I'm worried about. Otherwise I'd be all over that listing

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Energycore said:

Not too too hard to find parts for, at least for me. Great sites still produce OEM parts for Saab stateside, and I'm sure there's sites worldwide that do the same thing. 

2 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

There's a reason I've had 3 Saabs (Granted one was a parts car) lovely little machines

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

$1500 and the V6.

It's also a one-owner car.

Eh, would be cooler if it was the turbo 4 like a tuned down Spirit R/T.

Just now, Kaloob said:

Dang...

I'd heavily consider it if I had the money.

RIGHT?

I'm genuinely thinking about getting one of those simply because you do not fucking see them anymore. I most certainly haven't. I freaked out once when I saw a decent condition Sundance still on the road.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Kaloob said:

Well there's also the minor fact that I legally cannot drive (I know how to) keeping me from getting one, which I forgot to mention.

I don't remember seeing a Plymoth on the road ever.

Meh, I see late 90s Plymouths on the road every now and then. Usually it's a Voyager or Grand Voyager, but I'll spot a Neon on occasion. Any Plymouths before that are not easy to catch anymore.

16 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

HOLY FUCK AAAAAAAAA

I FOUND A 1990 PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM WITH 60K MILES LOCALLY

Can you atleast post about finding interesting stuff for sale and not generic shite?

Its like us over in europe getting excited over a ford mondeo . . .

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

3 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Can you atleast post about finding interesting stuff for sale and not generic shite?

Sorry that shitty modded Focuses don't interest me.

4 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Ahem...

https://www.mondeo-owners-northwest.co.uk/

People are interested in different things, if it doesn't interest you, move on. No need to ridicule. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

16 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

HOLY FUCK AAAAAAAAA

I FOUND A 1990 PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM WITH 60K MILES LOCALLY

No way, I can't believe what I've seen. It turns out that not only did Chrysler steal the 'Acclaim' name from BL (British Leyland) but they also it looks like stole the rough basic design from the Honda Ballade/Triumph Acclaim.

Plymouth Acclaim

Related image

Triumph Acclaim

Related image

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

40 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

No way, I can't believe what I've seen. It turns out that not only did Chrysler steal the 'Acclaim' name from BL (British Leyland) but they also it looks like stole the rough basic design from the Honda Ballade/Triumph Acclaim.

Plymouth Acclaim

Triumph Acclaim

-image-

A lot of cars out of the late 1980s look much alike each other. Trust me, this is hardly exclusive to this car.

Also, cars can share names sometimes. We didn't really have a car called the Acclaim here. Much like the Caprice name over here is more known as a very large and traditional body-on-frame sedan while it's known much more in Australia and the Middle East as a slightly sporty but comfy large sedan from Holden.

54 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Why can't peeps enjoy generic cars? I get excited over exotic stuff or plain old cars, they're all interesting and cool IMO. A lot of old "boring" cars are pretty interesting, often packing a lot more than they seem to (like the crown vic having a solid V8, same one that's in my truck, they sound great and are damned reliable). 

50 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Yeah when something is too heavily modded it loses what made that car special IMO (there's a few crazily modded show cars that are extremely well done and don't make the car wack). It's like so many idiots around here (Tennessee) making their trucks or SUVs as wide as the actual road lanes and whacking on a 12" lift with the nose even higher, that massive size coupled with low visibility and a lazy/shit driver behind the wheel makes for a showcase of excess and idiocy that just ruins your day. There's some lifted trucks I see that are well done and still look like a balanced and reasonable truck, but I prefer mine at the stock height, it's aesthetically pleasing and there's no practical need for a higher ride. Most brodozers are lifted for the sake of being lifted and it's just eh. Shitty modded for sure. 

13 minutes ago, vetali said:

-snip-

Eeeeeeehhh... seems like that's just something that ruins the car for the sake of big dyno numbers. Similar to a 300WHP Fiesta I saw a feature on, problem was that it needed a massive turbo and way higher rev limits to make that, so it went from a super zippy hatchback to something with massive turbo lag you had to smack to an insane RPM to make the power you were supposed to. Hella cool if you like big numbers, but if you want to actually drive the thing, it just sucks the soul out of the car. 

All subjective ofc, basically the TL:DR is: if you like modded or more exotic stuff, awesome! Embrace that, talk about that, enjoy it. But being even a casual car enthusiast isn't all about big numbers and mods and shit, people can enjoy pretty bog-standard cars and the stories behind them coupled with the often times amusing decisions the engineers made for various reasons. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Cylinder deactivation kit for my 2007 Tahoe from Texas Speed arrived today. 

400hp hoe hittin the hood strip wen?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

*Spits out dumb juice*

Its okay, Dan didnt mean you

Snapchat-357760528.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

~370 crank ish. Dyno numbers two weeks 

Might actually not get gap'd by my civic now

23 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Id like to see what they’d do for 1/4 mile times. Driveshaft is only good for 120 i think. Then it hits critical speed

theoretical speed softcap

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

*Spits out dumb juice*

Its okay, Dan didnt mean you

Ive been out and about in my old one the past few days. Man do I miss having "luxuries" like aircon and a decent stereo ??

I forgot how harsh the ride is however, the civics just bouncy enough where potholes and drains are bearable to drive over unlike the focus

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

20 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Ive been out and about in my old one the past few days. Man do I miss having "luxuries" like aircon and a decent stereo ??

I forgot how harsh the ride is however, the civics just bouncy enough where potholes and drains are bearable to drive over unlike the focus

Your Type R doesnt have air conditioning or good speakers? Sounds like a race car to me ?

If you think that's firm, you'll hate the Koni spring's lowering springs I got. Definitely a lot firmer (but for me not unbearable) I tend to avoid pot holes, though occasionally I do hit one and the car hits so hard I fell my soul leaving my body

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Cylinder deactivation kit for my 2007 Tahoe from Texas Speed arrived today. 

I never thought I'd see a camshaft outside of a production plant.

You gonna install these yourself?

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Finding local rx7's for sale is difficult lol. That or I'm just looking in the wrong place. I'm dead set on getting an fd sometime after college. 

Any fd owners here? 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil