Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

NGL it doesnt look that good ... and imo speedy wagon > speedy coupe 

.... no loss there :ph34r:

Why not both though?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

7 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Why not both though?

bruh ... i aint made of money 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Just now, PandaCopyRight said:

bruh ... i aint made of money 

But we arent talking about you and I, we're talking about what we're allowed to buy. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

But we arent talking about you and I, we're talking about what we're allowed to buy. 

then i guess ford is mad at audi? ?

or just didnt want to meet the requirements needed for europe? 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I read somewhere that the US allotment of E63 wagons was completely sold out. So I would say there is a correlation between sought after and sells well.

if that's true -- then that's great news. MAKE MORE

lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

23 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Have we talked about the US FINALLY getting the RS6 Avant yet? Cuz I guess the US is going to get the RS6 Avant.

Car and Driver Article

audi-rs6-avant-101-1566238322.jpg?crop=0

591HP. DO. FUCKING. WANT.

Do want.

Do not want if it Audisteers everywhere.

Lately, I've been having evil thoughts about trading my SS in on a Model 3 Performance. The V8 soundtrack is amazing but the commute costs are....not great.

Ordering up a set of Dunlop Z3 tonight, got $150 rebate plus I pre sold my old tires for $100. I need to get the bent wheel off and to be straightened so it's ready to mount a tire then I can be a little more lazy with the other 3. Total cost for all 4 should be around $400 or so, maybe a little less. Not too bad, I probably could have gotten a little more for the old ones but they guy is a local so I cut a first dibs deal for the locals and he pounced first.

1 hour ago, bimmerman said:

Do want.

Lately, I've been having evil thoughts about trading my SS in on a Model 3 Performance. The V8 soundtrack is amazing but the commute costs are....not great.

that quattro awd bruh ?

In like five years I'd love to do a wide body three rotor s13 maybe awd. That's my dream car. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

I don't know what plastic Mazda used in their older vehicles headlights, but it was OP. I crashed my protégé into a wall and they didn't crack the lenses. 

Someone failed to yeild earlier and we collided with their posterior, headlight shattered. This was an 08 Mazda 3. Now don't throw this up to chance like pissin in the wind, when I lost control that was in the winter. Weird. 

Now I have to go hunt for a used headlight at the scrapper. I should really look for fog lights for my protégé... I'm sick of the holes. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

9 hours ago, bimmerman said:

Do want.

keep the ss and buy the tesla if u want. don't sacrifice a good sounding and torquey motor if you can help it. commute car and weekend car. ss is stick right

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

tesla motor is both good sounding and torquey^

good sounding my ass 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I cant swing both unfortunately. I still have the CSL'd E36 though, so good sounding cars won't go away.

Two friends have M3Ps. They're insane in the best way, but they are also silent, and noise is important to have. For me, at least.....on a fun car. On a DD commuter....ehh.

SS is stick, yes.

Think thats my next car decided on. Wont be this exact one but its what i drove today.

Screenshot_20190824-155352_Auto Trader.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Personally for longevity sake I think that's a poor choice. They have all the BMW problems and the problems cost BMW prices but some of the parts are Mini specific which can make sourcing them take longer than normal.

But your country is tiny so it's not like you'd be racking up USA miles on it so it might be OK. I think the only reason British cars of old managed to last was because they just didn't go as far as cars in America went. We do 13,000 miles on average yearly, you drive an average of 8,000.

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

Personally for longevity sake I think that's a poor choice. They have all the BMW problems and the problems cost BMW prices but some of the parts are Mini specific which can make sourcing them take longer than normal.

But your country is tiny so it's not like you'd be racking up USA miles on it so it might be OK. I think the only reason British cars of old managed to last was because they just didn't go as far as cars in America went. We do 13,000 miles on average yearly, you drive an average of 8,000.

yeah, they say mini's are pretty much a 300k mile car at 100k miles

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

Company car so I dont have to pay for any maintenance and get a new one in 12 months

Plus its a brand new one

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

20 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Company car so I dont have to pay for any maintenance and get a new one in 12 months

Plus its a brand new one

In that case go for it!

Anyone use APEMAN dashcams? After a recent not so pleasurable experience with a fellow committing car insurance fraud and my parents, I'm thinking it's time for me to get a dash cam. 

I don't really have 200 for the most premium of cameras, these apemans.. They have good reviews for their price points of 30bucks.

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

On 8/21/2019 at 9:12 AM, PandaCopyRight said:

well .. crossovers just tend to not be a smart idea ?

and i think most of us dont like them or hate them 

Any particular reason?

I'm considering one mostly for practicality. Though I also really like the way the Mazda 3 looks.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

4 hours ago, Energycore said:

Any particular reason?

I'm considering one mostly for practicality. Though I also really like the way the Mazda 3 looks.

Only reason id consider a crossover a good idea is if you physically cant fit into wagons .. or if you MUST have the headroom, then again a proper SUV might be better for practicality at that point

BUT this is mainly my opinion... i am a huge wagon fan so it might be a slightly biased opinion :D 

My dream car, the Morris Minor Traveller 1000...

DSC_0884[1].JPG

DSC_0886[1].JPG

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

12 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

My dream car, the Morris Minor Traveller 1000...

DSC_0884[1].JPG

DSC_0886[1].JPG

I had a saloon nearly 35 years ago , still remember the reg 275 MAR

Pete

Just now, 711jrp said:

I had a saloon nearly 35 years ago , still remember the reg 275 MAR

Nice :) 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Here's a picture of the car that cut us off, and says we rear ended him. I don't know how he's getting it past insurance but okay. 

20190825_114455.jpg

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil