Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 hours ago, Cereal5 said:

and S14s.

And E30's and E21's.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Focus is going into powerflow next month for a backbox delete :P

20181021_125757.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Anyone know how bad those automatic car washes are for your paint? I'm pretty buissy so my car has been sitting dirty for quite a while now so I thought I might run it through at the cheapest level or whatever because it's actually slightly cheaper than their DIY washing room. It's way to cold to do it outside now so that's not an option

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

36 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Anyone know how bad those automatic car washes are for your paint? I'm pretty buissy so my car has been sitting dirty for quite a while now so I thought I might run it through at the cheapest level or whatever because it's actually slightly cheaper than their DIY washing room. It's way to cold to do it outside now so that's not an option

The touch free ones are fine, they wont damage anything but generally don't do a great job either. The ones with the big brushes can scratch the paint if those brushes are full of dirt. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

26 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

The touch free ones are fine, they wont damage anything but generally don't do a great job either. The ones with the big brushes can scratch the paint if those brushes are full of dirt. 

Don’t the touchless ones have some pretty harsh chemicals tho?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

27 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Yah this is the big brush kind, so I guess il need to find some time to go to the DIY wash then

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I really need to get my license asap, my sister has been driving it because I cant and because pokemon go...(and also because it has the best mpg and isn't filled with all sorts of crap). And she refuses to take the damn highway instead she drives on the gravel roads. So not only is it getting really dirty its probably also getting scratched a bit 

Spoiler

20181025_120042.thumb.jpg.b8631f6dba312cbfc63e98cd2ee0448b.jpg

gravel plus wiper fluid is not a nice combination... and its getting close to winter so I only have a limited time to clean it...

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Don’t the touchless ones have some pretty harsh chemicals tho?

It's possible, but that's the first I've heard of that. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Spoiler risers ordered 

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

57 minutes ago, themaniac said:

I really need to get my license asap, my sister has been driving it because I cant and because pokemon go...(and also because it has the best mpg and isn't filled with all sorts of crap). And she refuses to take the damn highway instead she drives on the gravel roads. So not only is it getting really dirty its probably also getting scratched a bit 

Hide contents

gravel plus wiper fluid is not a nice combination... and its getting close to winter so I only have a limited time to clean it...

What's the green old thing in the background? ?

Builds:

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

What's the green old thing in the background? ?

Its a Plymouth Cranbrook

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

It's possible, but that's the first I've heard of that. 

it makes sense for them to use some harsh chemicals since they aren't allowed to touch the car.

But idk.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

@LinusTech's new car :P

Linusmobile1.jpg

Linusmobile2.jpg

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

3 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

@LinusTech's new car :P

<SNIP>

Looks like Colton's failed with the budget again. 

4 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Looks like Colton's failed with the budget again. 

no that was the goal, keep costs down and their going to start selling the free space.

First up who want the entire front window 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

3 hours ago, themaniac said:

Hide contents

That is so dirty, gee wee. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

4 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

That is so dirty, gee wee. 

Yeah I know... it's getting really irritating, wish she would just take the damn highway it's no more dangerous then the back roads

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, themaniac said:

Yeah I know... it's getting really irritating, wish she would just take the damn highway it's no more dangerous then the back roads

I haven't had time to wash my car, it also is freezing out and I'd rather not get frost bite. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

8 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

I haven't had time to wash my car, it also is freezing out and I'd rather not get frost bite. 

Yeah, I'm basically screwed if I can deal with the dirt before it becomes freezing out

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, themaniac said:

Yeah, I'm basically screwed if I can deal with the dirt before it becomes freezing out

I wash my car even when its raining no joke, love that thing. 

Although reminds me of when my sister got my old car ('04 Echo - great car) and does not clean it such that dirt accumulated in the footwells and plants actually grew in there until I got out the powerwasher. 

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

I was my car even when its raining no joke, love that thing. 

I washed mine, and went on vacation, came back because it was flooding and the thing had dirt all over it because of the rains. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

I washed mine, and went on vacation, came back because it was flooding and the thing had dirt all over it because of the rains. 

I once washed and polished mine, then washed it again in a few hours because it was a little dusty. Gotta love the holidays and free water. Make sure to use the stuff with the wax that protects from the rain, helps a lot. 

Speaking of holidays I've got my repco cart waiting for me to order and pick up, so excited. Just about $300 in my cart so far for me to work on. Although apparently you have to take the motor out to replace the glowplugs, and I gotta say don't have the experience for that, so I'll just only use my car when its warm. 

2 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

The longest I've ever gone without washing my car is 6 whole months because it was being fixed and was undrivable the entire time, and before I finally washed it there was some green plant-like stuff under the spoiler and mold on the front fenders... The difference washing it made was huge, to say the least.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

21 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I once washed and polished mine, then washed it again in a few hours because it was a little dusty. Gotta love the holidays and free water. Make sure to use the stuff with the wax that protects from the rain, helps a lot. 

Speaking of holidays I've got my repco cart waiting for me to order and pick up, so excited. Just about $300 in my cart so far for me to work on. Although apparently you have to take the motor out to replace the glowplugs, and I gotta say don't have the experience for that, so I'll just only use my car when its warm. 

I tried that wax soap, but it doesn't do good. It leaves this... Idk what on. Looks like stains of - nevermind. I use rainx water repellent soap that doesn't even require drying it gets rid of the water. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

The longest I've gone without washing one of my cars was... I think I'm at around 11 months, and counting

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.