Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

14 minutes ago, Juvel said:

I only have a Vauxhall corsa C 1.3 CDTI (70 BHP). I get 65 MPG. What more could a student ask for (more power).

Cut the spings and weld a large exhaust tip to the end, but dont touch any other part of the exhaust.

Then make sure you put in an after market head unit bought on ebay and at most a $40 amplifier, but don't connect anything to it.

Finally, cover your rear window almost completely with stickers. Each one adds around 5 horsepower.

Remember to always fill it up with 95 / 98.

Maybe a Suburban or Tahoe, big ass vehicle with a V8 that just guzzles gas.

I could stretch out in the back of that with a ton of room in the bush mud boggin

42 minutes ago, IKnight said:

There can only be one real one. Unless you've got hookers and blow. 

cmon, grow up.

''' Gihbe meh beear huur hurrr , me wantie wamen mohnei '' 

not making fun of ya its just that i showed tha discord server if ya wanna join. 

(⌐■_■) 

42 minutes ago, Juvel said:

I only have a Vauxhall corsa C 1.3 CDTI (70 BHP). I get 65 MPG. What more could a student ask for (more power).

More torqq. 

Welcome to the MPG masterrace . 

1 minute ago, Ridska said:

cmon, grow up.

''' Gihbe meh beear huur hurrr , me wantie wamen mohnei '' 

not making fun of ya its just that i showed tha discord server if ya wanna join. 

Thing is , we already have a discord set up just for that thing ... 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

47 minutes ago, Juvel said:

wait Vauxhall = Opel? thats at least what im fining when looking up the car

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

13 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

wait Vauxhall = Opel? thats at least what im fining when looking up the car

yep vauxhall is what opel is in the UK. i think with the astra 

Opel - europe (excluding UK)

Vauxhall - UK

and for some generations 

Saturn - USA

Holden - Australia

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

32 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

Vauxhall - UK

and for some generations 

Saturn - USA

Holden - Australia

interesting, didnt know that :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Headlights and covers came out pretty good. Still some moisture spots under the covers but they say they’ll go away within 2 weeks. 

Can’t wait to try the headlights at night

Xenons are getting tempting. Since it has factory projectors lol. I guess someone at mazda planned on putting factory xenons in the NB2’s but the plan was scrapped?

66CF0312-5CD1-4CA2-820B-9B813925F2FB.jpeg

Gonna eventually convert my car to LED headlights from Auxbeam and I can't wait

42 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

Vauxhall - UK

and for some generations 

Saturn - USA

Holden - Australia

My car shares suspension with some Saturn, can't remember which one

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

16 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Gonna eventually convert my car to LED headlights from Auxbeam and I can't wait

LED's are neat if the assembly uses them right and they don't look tacky. But just as bulbs... nah I don't care for them too much. They are hard to project outwards properly without blinding other people because the light is very intense, but it lacks distance.

Xenon is pretty well proven to work in the correct headlight assembly so I think I rather just that... might as well make use of these $1000-to-replace projectors lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

LED's are neat if the assembly uses them right and they don't look tacky. But just as bulbs... nah I don't care for them too much. They are hard to project outwards properly without blinding other people because the light is very intense, but it lacks distance.

Xenon is pretty well proven to work in the correct headlight assembly so I think I rather just that... might as well make use of these $1000-to-replace projectors lol

Xenons make perfect sense for you, I have a buddy with a 1st Gen 9-5 Aero Sedan around here with Auxbeam bulbs and man are they bright and project super far

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 hours ago, IKnight said:

There can only be one real one. Unless you've got hookers and blow. 

You're too young for that, stfu

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

What are some *good quality* xenons that’ll work in my Miata, ignoring price? 

Preferably id want something OEM quality... I.e. perhaps the bulb can be replaced separately from the ballast like you would be able to do in a car with factory HID’s

idk if such a thing exists. But what’s just super nice and well made out there?

and no I don’t want a crazy high color temp. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-7000K is fine.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

crazy high color temp

is fine.

2fb03013d6.png

retrofit or bust

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

the saab or impala? xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Just now, Mister2010 said:

the saab or impala? xD 

Saab

I keep forgetting I own the Impala, just because we've had it for 7 or 8 years and I've been basically driving it since July

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Saab

I keep forgetting I own the Impala, just because we've had it for 7 or 8 years and I've been basically driving it since July

i mean the 9-5 uses the GM2900? platform so it was shared with the opel vectra IIRC most likely some kind of holden, vauxhall and saturn as well :D 

Just now, Mister2010 said:

i mean the 9-5 uses the GM2900? platform so it was shared with the opel vectra IIRC most likely some kind of holden, vauxhall and saturn as well :D 

I knew about the Vectra becasue BC makes coils for it so I tried to buy some at one point, wouldn't ship them from AU,but I can't remember which Saturn, was going to get adjustable control arms for whatever Saturn shares suspension with my car to maybe get a little more camber adjustment

9 minutes ago, vetali said:

-snip-

retrofit or bust

lol I was literally just saying numbers... can't quite remember what stuff looks like. All I know is want *white* rather than *blue*

what would I retrofit? Can I like pull ballasts out of a nissan or something? But then what about the bulbs? how would that work....

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I would very much like to get my hands on one of these.

image.png.0387764aa2e7f9f0123fbb841ca9d3d8.png004.jpg

Newer 2500.

Remember when I told you people ruin cars around here?

28161818_10155976017076091_479434482501531700_o.jpg

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I knew about the Vectra becasue BC makes coils for it so I tried to buy some at one point, wouldn't ship them from AU,but I can't remember which Saturn, was going to get adjustable control arms for whatever Saturn shares suspension with my car to maybe get a little more camber adjustment

according to wikipedia its Saturn L series cars 

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

lol I was literally just saying numbers... can't quite remember what stuff looks like. All I know is want *white* rather than *blue*

what would I retrofit? Can I like pull ballasts out of a nissan or something? But then what about the bulbs? how would that work....

halogen projectors != HID projectors. they will still blind oncoming drivers. retrofitting involves putting a HID projector in place of the standard projector in the housing.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

5 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

according to wikipedia its Saturn L series cars 

That's what came to mind, but it's been months since I looked into it

4 minutes ago, vetali said:

halogen projectors != HID projectors. they will still blind oncoming drivers. retrofitting involves putting a HID projector in place of the standard projector in the housing.

a miata 2 inches off the ground isn't going to blind anyone lol

besides maybe.. other miatas.

Spoiler

Why do I feel an argument about projectors coming on?