Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

^^ proof that youtubers are pretty much fully incapable of building a reliable car no matter what they spend on it

ETCG's fairmont is still kickin?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

15 minutes ago, vetali said:

ETCG's fairmont is still kickin?

He's been fighting constant problems with the exhaust though?

39 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

He's been fighting constant problems with the exhaust though?

what happened with that?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Well we were all a bit younger once. I remember taking my Toyota Echo 1.3l to its top speed of 175. 

Tailgaters are also a problem, but more so when I drove in Wellington, I remember someone thinking their big RR was a bit intimidating and went right up close. I slowed right down to 30 until he turned off. A bit annoying but that’s what you get for tailgating. I don’t do that on a highway though I pull over if I have a trailer or keep to the speed limit, not really keen on the road warriors risking it even more than I can help.

A joke I heard a while ago:

What's the difference between a Range Rover and a hedgehog?

The pricks are on the inside.

51 minutes ago, vetali said:

what happened with that?

Blew up a muffler, exhaust cut out doesn't seal, and the drivers side? header isn't flush with the block.

5 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

They are like 3k here :)

I'd still go for a Hilux over a jeep tbh. Things go for ages.

Thats because you are so close to Japan

14 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

My dad just revealed to me:

why A6 instead of S6? 

Because RS7 next

lol

is he really thinking of one?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yesterday had a down side, some fuckhead ran into the focus in a parking lot. I'm more than a little pissed off about it.

20180217_183201_1.jpg

No note or anything. There are cameras in the lot from the business across the parking lot, so I'm hoping they picked it up. They arent open again until monday, so I'll call them then.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

10 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Yesterday had a down side, some fuckhead ran into the focus in a parking lot. I'm more than a little pissed off about it.

20180217_183201_1.jpg

No note or anything. There are cameras in the lot from the business across the parking lot, so I'm hoping they picked it up. They arent open again until monday, so I'll call them then.

Oh man dude, that sucks :( luckily it wasn't much worse than bumper damage it appears to be. Hopefully it isn't worse than it actually is.

oh and clean that dirty car of yours ;) 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

13 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

auch, that sucks :( hope its just the metal and that it will come out with some light tapy taps

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

11 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Oh man dude, that sucks :( luckily it wasn't much worse than bumper damage it appears to be. Hopefully it isn't worse than it actually is.

oh and clean that dirty car of yours ;) 

I know, the poor car was dirty on top of it all!

6 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

auch, that sucks :( hope its just the metal and that it will come out with some light tapy taps

It is a bit worse than the pics, it appears that the rear quarter is pushed in about a 1/2" or so. :( And the bumper cover is cracked by the tailgate too.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

I know, the poor car was dirty on top of it all!

It is a bit worse than the pics, it appears that the rear quarter is pushed in about a 1/2" or so. :( 

damn thats not fun :( 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

British insurance for young drivers in a nutshell.

A 110hp MX5 is as much to insure as a 200hp Civic Type R o.O

Maybe I'll save for the civic instead 

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Hopefully they got it on camera. Screw parking lot hit and runners. Some fuckhead in a mazda pickup changed lanes right into my sisters civic on friday. Luckily all it will need is a fender, fender liner, bumper, and headlight. Screwed up his truck pretty good though.

Looking at new tires and rims. 

Considering these, but at $288 each it's a tough pill to swallow. They do look really good on almost any color, including blue and are 7lbs lighter than stock.

112930d1444072943-tsw-bathurst-18x-8-5-question-20151003_091414.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Dashcams with G-sensors ;) although I turn my feature off so it wouldnt have helped if it was me. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

15 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

My dad just revealed to me:

why A6 instead of S6? 

Because RS7 next

lol

Holy

12 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

^^ proof that youtubers are pretty much fully incapable of building a reliable car no matter what they spend on it

The NFS Carbon soundtrack tho

N54 master race

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

So, my dad needed a regular wheel (spare was too thin or wtv for what he wanted) so he "traded" (idk) the spare for this wheel (also 16").

IMG_20180217_145543.thumb.jpg.963eb1d4662f8a5646a9ac3e46fcbecd.jpg

My dad said it was from a 7 series. But I looked it up and it's actually a Style 33 from an E39. I gotta say, it looks pretty good on the E60. And look at that meaty sidewall. My dad also said he could actually get some new wheels for the E60, I wouldn't mind swapping the Style 134 shopping cart looking wheels for those Style 33. And they are pretty cheap too. Someone's selling 4 of them for like 80€ (one of them is thrashed but that doesn't matter since we already have one).

Yes, we lose a bit of trunk space because this one is much wider than the spare, but if anything happens, we have a full wheel as a spare and can still go at regular speeds instead of being limited to 80kph.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

20180217_183201_1.jpg

Geez man. Some people.... 

makes you wonder if they don’t have insurance or something. So even if you prove they did it, your ins might still have to pay :/ 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 hours ago, terrytek said:

is he really thinking of one?

Yes. If it will actually happen is a whole other ball game cause we’re talking $70k car in the mildly used market lol

so I guess we’ll see

but if they hold their value better than the typical A6/S6/A7/S7’s it may be worth it???  Idk tho

maybe he’s expecting some business thing he’s working on to explode lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

32 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Geez man. Some people.... 

makes you wonder if they don’t have insurance or something. So even if you prove they did it, your ins might still have to pay :/ 

The police officer I talked to while filing the report basically said that even if they caught they guy and vehicle on camera, unless he admits to it, I'm pretty much shit out of luck as the resolution on most cameras isn't enough to pick out facial features at any distance. 

So my insurance will almost certainly have to pay. The good news is they say that since I have an incident report # now that I can give to them saying that my car was parked, my rates shouldn't go up. So I'm only really out the deductible. 

3 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

20180217_183201_1.jpg

Just awful. These people are actually so bad like it just takes a call to their insurer and to leave a note. Hopefully you catch them on monday.

9 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Just awful. These people are actually so bad like it just takes a call to their insurer and to leave a note. Hopefully you catch them on monday.

A surprising number of people drive uninsured in my state. 

Or some people are just poor enough that it’s better to them to just risk the chance they can get away so they don’t have to pay a higher premium later for the incident. 

Part of the reason insurance is so high in Louisiana I guess. That said I’m sure it’s not as bad where @Real_PhillBert is. But it is still a thing I guess, and you get unlucky sometimes.

the ironic thing is the people who can’t afford to drive always seem to be the ones that crash into other people lol

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

A surprising number of people drive uninsured in my state. 

Or some people are just poor enough that it’s better to them to just risk the chance they can get away so they don’t have to pay a higher premium later for the incident. 

Part of the reason insurance is so high in Louisiana I guess. That said I’m sure it’s not as bad where @Real_PhillBert is. But it is still a thing I guess, and you get unlucky sometimes.

the ironic thing is the people who can’t afford to drive always seem to be the ones that crash into other people lol

:( third-party insurance is a legal requirement here. Hopefully they change the law soon, but maybe just because there are so many people in the US it will be hard. Sucks!

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Weird...

But it’s true. At least here...

almost everytime I see an accident it’s a very very cheap/old beat up car worth maybe $2k at most, crashing into a newer nicer one that you can tell money was spent on.

there are exceptions, but I do see that often. I don’t get it... but it does seem to correlate. 

Spoiler