Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

7 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Koeniggseggesegggsegssgg is still doing the most real development of any of the boutique auto manufacturers IMHO. 

I wish I could afford one. :( 

I wish they made some lower end cars... But with their limited resources, small factory and all that, I doubt that they would do that...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

I wish they made some lower end cars... But with their limited resources, small factory and all that, I doubt that they would do that...

Yeah, it would be cool, but pretty impractical for them to pull off. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

“It’s not the most expensive build by a long shot and there’s always going to be a car build that’s quicker, but it puts a smile on my face every time I go out in it,” says Ryan. This little car isn’t about ownership; it’s about the building and driving of cars that matters. And I think that’s great.

2017-Speedhunters-Peugeot-106-12.jpg

2017-Speedhunters-Peugeot-106-6.jpg

http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/10/the-underdog-peugeot-106-rallye-replica/

omg yes :x

3 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Something aygo sized with CCXR Power

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

Something aygo sized with CCXR Power

Are you mad xD

I mean something like an Elise... Smaller, not so fancy and with less power. Would still cost a pretty penny tho, coming from such a brand, you can't except anything else...

3 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Are you mad xD

I mean something like an Elise... Smaller, not so fancy and with less power. Would still cost a pretty penny tho, coming from such a brand, you can't except anything else...

Never really going to happen though. Koeningsegg always struck me like a  no-compromise brand. Only thing they've done outside their usual look is this

koenigsegg-nlv-quant-geneva-2010-01.jpg

The NLV Quant. A joint venture with some dutch company that went nowhere.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Anybody have a clue as to how big tyres were in 1970s F1?

Spoiler

eeb7c857e4b500de7b6691bd74b68bb5.jpg

Ferrari_312B_Donington.jpg

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

shit. genesis about to make some mad power.

hope they don't destroy any shit in the process.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Snap crackle pop just like last time. 

More than likely. My assumption is they have a stock engine, and when they 3.8 swapped it, they never bothered upgrading the internals. So boom it goes. I bet it's gonna boom after the first drift event.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

When these are available i'm getting one

VW-Buzz-123-copy-876x535.jpeg

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

Me:

Or i just run one corner of the truck up on the curb. Whichever. Usually its parking somewhere else. 

Actually, now that I think about it, the only place i parallel park around here is at the post office. 

I still don't understand how people have an issue parallel parking, even when they have ample room.

I'm really saddened these never sold as well as the miata, even though I can't see why, bc more power and probably more fun since vtec.

just as impractical as a miata, but more fun and better looking imo. really sad honda didn't bring it back after 09. could've been a jewel today.

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Me:

IMG_1511.PNG.7e95a41505a70dfdd853a3c76a2b6ddb.PNG

Or i just run one corner of the truck up on the curb. Whichever. Usually its parking somewhere else. 

Actually, now that I think about it, the only place i parallel park around here is at the post office. 

Never really considered Parallel Parking to be difficult. Is it supposed to be?

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

I'm really saddened these never sold as well as the miata, even though I can't see why, bc more power and probably more fun since vtec.

just as impractical as a miata, but more fun and better looking imo. really sad honda didn't bring it back after 09. could've been a jewel today.

Roadsters don't seem to be terribly popular, Miatas aside. Though I don't have pricing data, I'd also wager the S2K was also quite expensive.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

ss213602.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

9 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Never really considered Parallel Parking to be difficult. Is it supposed to be?

Roadsters don't seem to be terribly popular, Miatas aside. Though I don't have pricing data, I'd also wager the S2K was also quite expensive.

for new drivers it's kinda intimidating bc fear of hitting another car. and it's hard to memorize the viewpoints of how to judge where you are.

they aren't terribly popular, true, but they are starting to somewhat make a comeback. there's the miata, fiat 124, 370z roadster, slc43, and amg gt roadster. and plus, s2ks are starting to fetch a small fortune on craigslist now that they are much more desirable.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I think my issue with it is not so much knowing where the rear. Of the truck is, its  more of 'how big is that car?' 

yeah i have never learned how to parallel park at all, even while i had my permit. so i'd be deadly scared to parallel park. i need to practice much more at home, using trash cans as "car bumpers" to practice, before i am comfortable to parallel park with real cars.

52 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Pretty much.  

Such self assurance

TommyFYeah > Haggard Garage

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

I think my issue with it is not so much knowing where the rear. Of the truck is, its  more of 'how big is that car?' 

If I visualize how to do it from a third person, figuring out what I need to do seems to be 2nd nature. It's intimidating at first glance, but quite simple once I've figured the plan.

To avoid hitting the rear bumper on the curb during the initial turn-in, the curb side mirror is quite a valuable asset. This is probably the biggest challenge here as the curb is difficult to view otherwise. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

22195985_10211363698143081_5460091382010320676_n.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB