Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

i mean if there's nothing stopping you, you can get them and go higher.

Battle wagon my dude I got bash bars getting made up for front and rear, and a full underbelly skid plate planned

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Pro tip. Flare guns are loud, and lettuce dodgeball is fun but doesn't last long

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Today's autocross should be interesting. First I woke up and it's pouring outside lol

But I kinda want to autocross in the rain one time so maybe this will be that time idk

I don't have the camera so no video this time :/

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

13 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

no video 

:(

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

is this a good deal? https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/bmw-speed-manual-blk-blk/6222188759.html i can get a bumper replaced and painted, and other than that it's fine.

also. https://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/d/chevy-tahoe-lt-wd/6224367226.html how do you end up wearing out your seat so bad you end up destroying the foam in your seat?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

also. https://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/d/chevy-tahoe-lt-wd/6224367226.html how do you end up wearing out your seat so bad you end up destroying the foam in your seat?

because chevy doesn't put a pillar pull up bars, so you end up destroying the seat getting in and out.

or the person was fat. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

4 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

:(

Current status

It's coming down. Super bad. Stopped event and we are sitting in cars

1500827074267.jpg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Current status

It's coming down. Super bad. Stopped event and we are sitting in cars

Reminds me of swedish midsummer. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

Reminds me of swedish midsummer. 

Lightning real close. Thunder shaking my car lol

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Its called the fat boy slide. Slide in, slide out. And theyre just tall enough to where you drop about one or two inche and its just enough to wear the seat out. 

Cloth seats seem to hold up better, and the newer ( 08+ ) seats, at least from what I can tell, seem to be less susceptible to falling apart from it.  

yikes i've never seen seats trashed that much before, so it comes as a shock to me. i would normally think leather seats would last longer than cloth seats.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

14 hours ago, KingCry said:

I'm running Forester XT struts and springs with STI wagon Sway Bars and adjustable end links with trailing arm spacers to have proper articulation still, But I wanna get King Springs and then Sumo spacers to just everything taller to get battle wagon build moved along

18620578_10209544860600657_2295737511248870608_o.jpg

Has the old Ford Taurus wagon look to it somewhat.

OK this conversion looks ok, but they didn't even touch the fucking engine, and why bother with a boost gauge if you don't even havea fucking turbo? https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/mitsubishi-mirage-evolution/6224848260.html

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

OK this conversion looks ok, but they didn't even touch the fucking engine, and why bother with a boost gauge if you don't even havea fucking turbo? https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/mitsubishi-mirage-evolution/6224848260.html

because showcar.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

@bcredeur97 look what i found for sale in my area xD https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/mazda-mx-miata-se-ls/6230886554.html anything familiar?

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Ooooo he's got the 6 disk CD changer 

gotta have your fire mixtapes for the track

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

They're harder to stain. 

All you have to do is find seats in any medium duty service pickup and they're fucked. Forklifts are another good example

I shouldn't say any. But some operators are exceptionally bad about it. 

My Dad's driver seat of his Ford pickup as virtually disintegrated. With over 230K miles on the thing, and very minimal maintenance besides the infrequent oil change, and occasional flying spark plug, I'm surprised the thing is running so nicely as it is, though you'd be hard pressed to find an undented panel on it. Ford can make some near-immortal trucks when they feel like it, their cars on the other hand... 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Saw a focus RS in person for the first time. That color is pretty...

IMG_0167.thumb.JPG.2a6bf95eaa0ae6a7a01d8e7d712052e4.JPG

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Question, is running the engine at 4K rpm at 90 mph bad for the engine (more so than running at a more sane/legal speed). This pretty much consistent most of my 4 hour drive yesterday morning. 

I suspect the answer is probably along the lines of "if it's maintained and not at redline, go crazy", though opinions tend to differ. The tires are probably less than appreciative, as is the suspension on the rougher areas. 

My eyes see the past…

18 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Saw a focus RS in person for the first time. That color is pretty...

There's a handful of em in my area, that is a good color.

17 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Question, is running the engine at 4K rpm at 90 mph bad for the engine (more so than running at a more sane/legal speed). This pretty much consistent most of my 4 hour drive yesterday morning. 

I suspect the answer is probably along the lines of "if it's maintained and not at redline, go crazy", though opinions tend to differ. The tires are probably less than appreciative, as is the suspension on the rougher areas. 

4k RPM jesus why is it that high

Speaking of Vehicle Virgin's shitty ass content, nice thumbnail for a FWD car. Not even going to talk about the title...

Capture.PNG.b6adacfbb96380374f268f6e56f76954.PNG

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

36 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Because 5 speed lyfe 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

58 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Not really bad, but it will wear faster and obviously consume much more gas. 

16 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Speaking of Vehicle Virgin's shitty ass content, nice thumbnail for a FWD car. Not even going to talk about the title...

youtube would honestly do great by getting rid of the submitted thumbnails and going back to having captures from the actual video be the thumbnail again. Especially now that you can hover over the thumbnail and get a preview. Would flow much better with that feature. 

Not a fan of the stretch tbh, but looks good nonetheless.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

The gearing ratios of top gear is fairly low. 65 mph puts me at about 2750-2800 rpm. 80 mph puts me at around 3500 rpm. Miatas and some econoboxes tend to have even shorter ratios. Modern automatics tend to have much taller gearing when in top gear, which is why they've been exceeding mpg ratings of their manual counterparts. 

22 minutes ago, vetali said:

Not really bad, but it will wear faster and obviously consume much more gas. 

While "wear"  is greater, I wonder if the difference would be significant in any way, assuming all maintenance is done by the book. 

My eyes see the past…

3 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Dad's 98 150 has a near perfect drivers seat and 320k on the clock and running perfect.  Origonal engine and tranny. Nothing rebuilt.

same case with protege, except 40k fewer miles. original clutch even, and original pretty much everything, save for struts really.