Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah cause I was thinking that's a lot of effort over someone getting your model wrong. xD

Made me laugh way harder than it should have though

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

33 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Found it on  /r/saab

Kinda want to type it out and have it saved in a document to fuck with people though

ill still beat your 9-5 around an autoX course after your delicious tuning

:P

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

44 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I love my grandpa mobile thank you :P

My car is equivalent as far as torque goes, little down on hp (About 20hp)

I prefer the supercharged model, it's not everyday you find a factory Supercharged 4 cylinder with a stick attached. Plus I already have a turbo car. Yeah the turbo ones are nice. But if I bought James' it would be cheap, He got it at 80K for about $5200 IIRC, now that it's just past 100K and he's had it for about 2 years he'd be willing to let it go a bit cheaper

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

MY SEMPAI

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

38 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

ill still beat your 9-5 around an autoX course after your delicious tuning

:P

I bet if you drove both the Saab would give the MX5 a good run for it's money

Especially after the strut bar, coils, and anti roll bars eventually

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, techswede said:

I think it was an 07-09 car. 2.2 diesel. And from what i've heard it hasn't had any major issues. And they pull a horse trailer with it.

And either way i wouldn't swap in a 5.7 hemi without making sure the car itself was solid. 

I don't think they offered that engine here in the states. At least I was unaware of its existence

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

I don't think they offered that engine here in the states. At least I was unaware of its existence

Its an old merc castaway from their partnership. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I just spent the last half hour pulling my ECU just to get a picture of the immobilizer code on it. Always fun.

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

When someone calls my 9-5 a 9-3

PbRuJuJ.png

Did you get a new keyboard that you wanted an excuse to abuse, or is that person a poor, hapless victim that you singled out for his ignorance?

Of course, the hapless victim should feel honored you spent so much time on that long rant.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

Did you get a new keyboard that you wanted an excuse to abuse, or is that person a poor, hapless victim that you singled out for his ignorance?

Of course, the hapless victim should feel honored you spent so much time on that long rant.

I wish I took the time to do that to someone just to fuck with them. Found it on /r/saab

ANOTHER NIGHT ANOTHER PHOTO DUMP SORTA

CTMP VDSF 4.jpg

CTMP VDSF 5.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

18699642_1609870195690993_5746788111933243022_o.jpg

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

18699642_1609870195690993_5746788111933243022_o.jpg

I saw a BRZ like that yesterday on my way home from work. RB kit with stock wheels and gutted interior.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

17 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

There are reasons why there are laws about hogging the left-most/passing lane.

On highways when theres a sign, not anywhere else tho.

I obey the law, sorry, deal with it.

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

I love my grandpa mobile thank you :P

My car is equivalent as far as torque goes, little down on hp (About 20hp)

I prefer the supercharged model, it's not everyday you find a factory Supercharged 4 cylinder with a stick attached. Plus I already have a turbo car. Yeah the turbo ones are nice. But if I bought James' it would be cheap, He got it at 80K for about $5200 IIRC, now that it's just past 100K and he's had it for about 2 years he'd be willing to let it go a bit cheaper

It's more unique then the standard turbo 4 cars. Rare to see a supercharged 4. Thats 4 sure.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

I've been bitten by the plasti-dip bug. I want plasti-dip all the things now...

speaking of that, should I plasti-dip my MacBook?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

8 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

I saw a BRZ like that yesterday on my way home from work. RB kit with stock wheels and gutted interior.

I hate them type of people who do that. Hate em! Wings Hate em.

4 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

It's more unique then the standard turbo 4 cars. Rare to see a supercharged 4. Thats 4 sure.

That's what really draws me to his SS, that and the great color it is, along with the fact that he has a pair of wheels from a TC model and his stock SC wheels

27 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I wish I took the time to do that to someone just to fuck with them. Found it on /r/saab

Most likely, someone just bought a new keyboard then. One would have to be pretty obsessive to make such a reply.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

Most likely, someone just bought a new keyboard then. One would have to be pretty obsessive to make such a reply.

It's something I'd be able to see some of my friends doing just to fuck with people

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Those texture handles are great up until you gash your hands open because fuck you.

That's a lot.

it's not a lot, it's kept away on shelves and in a shed, which takes up part of the garage so you actually can't get out of a car from the passenger side. it was a shoddily built like "shed" that has plywood as doors.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Im trying to think if I got a BJ or wank job while driving, can't remember.

1 minute ago, yathis said:

Im trying to think if I got a BJ or wank job while driving, can't remember.

I'm trying to think of why you continue to comment here and contribute literally nothing to the conversation

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

I'm trying to think of why you continue to comment here and contribute literally nothing to the conversation

I contribute a ton of useful info there buddy boy